• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
My abandoned quests is so weird. I had one for House of Wolves in there. Is that just because I haven't done PoE 34 or 35 yet?

I don't think so, I think it's just screwy. I have vanilla story missions in my kiosk for one character that I absolutely finished months ago.

Oh god, I just woke the hive for the bladedancer quest and heard his voiceover

FleHqh6.gif

this is bad, and not in a "bad because it is new" way. His voice changes the tone of almost every scene he is in.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
PvP basically. That's what they want you to do.

The PvP is is basically pointless right now outside of exploring the new maps too. People are complaining about weapons that will be fazed out in just a few weeks. There is 'new meta' lol. Just what is absolutely in shambles and what might survive. Hell, the new fusion rifle scare me more than the old shotguns... Especially if the perks are next gen like we're seeing from the gunsmith.

Well this is weird. I went to see what all the titan vanguard had and chose not to pick up the titan quest yet, but now the quest seems to have disappeared completely, and it's not in the kiosk either. The subclass quest is in my inventory though.

Werd

Finished Gunslinger and all quests I acquired naturally on a new character, aside from "legend of the hunter" since I'm not level 30 yet. If it's just the emblem I'm missing then I can deal with that, though surely they could find a way to give them out or let you reset the quest. I got the cloak.

Anyway, what's the story with the lack of difficulty options? First time through a few weeks ago I played the game on solo Hard mode and enjoyed the encounters. Playing through it now with only normal and an inaccessible "impossible" it was just a breeze with no tension, I was 5+ levels over by the end. That's fine for leveling up a second character but hopefully there are going to be real options for new players next week. Any word on whats going on?

I don't think so, I think it's just screwy. I have vanilla story missions in my kiosk for one character that I absolutely finished months ago.

I think this is what Urk was alluding to when he said you will be able to play the game pretty much from the beginning with a character and not have to reset to do it.

Those quests are that way of achieving that. I think it's intentional.

Two questions: have they not introduced Legendary Marks yet? And did they remove the menu option that showed your reputation with all the different vendors?

I don't think this is really a spoiler, but will spoiler text it anyways.

About the raid. I just noticed that on the progress tab the raid...

...has a total of six checkpoints compared to four in the other raids.

So I guess it is bigger and possibly more loot.

I think this is what Urk was alluding to when he said you will be able to play the game pretty much from the beginning with a character and not have to reset to do it.

Those quests are that way of achieving that. I think it's intentional.

Eh, could be I guess. I have "A Strangers Call" in my warlocks kiosk, which is around mid-campaign if I remember correctly (I probably don't), but I have no quests in my hunters kiosk.

Eh, could be I guess. I have "A Strangers Call" in my warlocks kiosk, which is around mid-campaign if I remember correctly (I probably don't), but I have no quests in my hunters kiosk.

I actually did that one completely yesterday and ended up being given another strangers rifle. But I know I already did the story from start to finish on that character.

The completionist in me really fucking hates that every previous quest I have already done is in the Abandoned Quest kiosk. Go. Away.

Also, fuck the S-10 sparrow. I sure hope someone figures out how to get it without having to delete a character.

I wish they had simple voice options for the ghost, even if it was just modulation. This ghost just seems to high-pitched to me.

I just want Activision to step in and sell voice packs. I want an Ice-T ghost.

"So you're telling me we have to charge some sort of machine's eye?"

"It's called a Vex gatelord, supposedly they travel through time and are 7 stories tall."

Frenden

Banned
So, uh, legendary hand cannons are way more viable than the exotics (save for Thorn). I have a Fulcrum with a solid Smallbore mini-moon build that easily outperforms Hawkmoon.

Moon has a super low aim assist but used to make up for it by being rangey as fuck.

With its other stats nerfed, the low AA is Moon's Achilles heel ATM, I think.

Jewels. Fulcrums. Mercys. Red Hands. All are doing more work for me than TLW and Moon depending on the rolls.

todd360

So, uh, legendary hand cannons are way more viable than the exotics (save for Thorn). I have a Fulcrum with a solid Smallbore mini-moon build that easily outperforms Hawkmoon.

Moon has a super low aim assist but used to make up for it by being rangey as fuck.

Jewels. Fulcrums. Mercys. Red Hands. All are doing more work for me than TLW and Moon depending on the rolls.

I'm pretty hyped for the new fatebringer replacement. I suspect that it will be even better than the fatebringer in the right hands. I won't talk about the perks because I don't want to spoil those who don't know what i'm talking about.

Good night everyone.

yep. The Jewel is my new primary unless i find one with a better roll.

I wish i put more motes into the Fulcrum.

Afrocious

Wolves' Bane can be rerolled into something good (well, Year 1 good) if the perks you got aren't. Wolves' Leash... you get an elemental one? Wolves' Leash II?

xfyPh5y.gif

Wolves' Leash isn't elemental, which disappointed me when I got it. Bane has Hot Shot and Rodeo, which sound good on a machine gun IMO.

Oh god, I just woke the hive for the bladedancer quest and heard his voiceover

this is bad, and not in a "bad because it is new" way. His voice changes the tone of almost every scene he is in.

I just did that mission on my new toon. I let out an audible "the fuck?" when I heard that line. So bad.

I'm wayyyy in the minority I have a feeling, but I liked the map based in Russia's wall. Forgot the name. It's not going to be competitive, but it's fun. With all the areas you can jump from.

Great addition to Control, but looks like very unfinished HUD element I agree.

Rift could use more UI waypoints. I know Shaax is calling it out and there's UI on the HUD, but I swear half the time I don't even know they've grabbed the spark. My fireteam has expressed the same thing on some occasions.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I don't think this is really a spoiler, but will spoiler text it anyways.

About the raid. I just noticed that on the progress tab the raid...

...has a total of six checkpoints compared to four in the other raids.

So I guess it is bigger and possibly more loot.
Well, they did say that King's Fall was the biggest raid they'd ever made :)
inb4 every Raid was the biggest Raid they'd ever made

DY_nasty

I got a Red Hand with Icarus and Hip Fire and its just.... straight up more reliable lol

I tried to use The Devil You Know again, but I think that might finally get retired. HC range butchery was real.

I just did that mission on my new toon. I let out an audible "the fuck?" when I heard that line. So bad.

I am really hoping the voice grows on me.

I'm used to a very male sounding voice from a male voice actor.

What we have now it seems is a male voice actor trying to do a voice that's something like C-3PO on a bit of helium. There's definite emotion in his delivery, and in some cases very much over the top.

But I am sure we will get used to it
please let me get used to it.

I mean, this isn't quite that, but I relied on it an awful lot in my research and it's pretty close... http://www.neogaf.com/forum/search.php?searchid=5280752

stupid ass X-Men: Destiny

edit: wait... where did all the old ones go

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to use the Who Posted for each thread? Or scrape those instead?

Found them all. Scraping them now! It's good so I can have a backup of each thread for Zoba's purpose and I can do easier calculations and whatnot.

Frenden

Banned

I'm going to try and build a Red Hand with Truesight, Ikarus, Extended or Snapshot, and Hidden Hand I think.

Fulcrum = Mini-moon.
Red Hand (or Jewel) = Faux Last Word

daedalius

Well, I prefer my bad juju to the allfate. If I didn't have juju I would use it though.

Will have to give the legendary hand cannons another try, wasn't working great for me.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
oops posted in 29 by accident

did the last nightfall, ps4, got hawkmoon. lol, now that it's no longer exclusive, I'm sure xur will sell asap

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
so what do I need for 170 light level?

skolas just dropped a 170 cloak for me, the vanguard cloak I got was 160 which is weird since I got a 180 warlock armband from the vanguards.

DY_nasty

I used to love the MIDA too but now I kinda... don't

and I'm not sure why

Frenden

Banned
I thought reforging was gone though
Not on old guns. Only on new. So, for non-Trials PvP, you can roll the old dudes.

You could buy a Fulcrum now as a base model to roll in the future.

Hopefully RNG is kind and gives us good new drops or a new Jewel to chase for Trials/IB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom