• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

I mean it's refreshing that the game isn't predominantly Thorn, Arcbolt, Lucky Raspberry and Felwinter's anymore, but watching all the people who specialize in that play Control again isn't an exciting prospect. 3v3 or Rift would be different, but Control bores me.
You know what's not interesting, this booty way of matchmaking. Seriously, Bungie...private matches already, pls.

You know what's not interesting, this booty way of matchmaking. Seriously, Bungie...private matches already, pls.

yea, i once spent 30 minutes trying to set up a 3v3. it was like 3am and one of our players was half asleep so we lost most of the games on top of it. smh

I seriously dont understand why they still have not given any sign to implement that. UI challenges? Technical challenges? They just dont give a fuck? Bungie pls

So I was just in the Hall of Wisdom on the Moon and the special House of Wolves fallen were still in there.

Specifically the "Wanted: Wolf Scavengers"

I checked a couple others on Venus and didn't see any in the N/Gen or Hall of Whispers area.

Either Bungie forgot to remove this set, or it was a fluke that they spawned.

Kalamari

So I was just in the Hall of Wisdom on the Moon and the special House of Wolves fallen were still in there.

Specifically the "Wanted: Wolf Scavengers"

I checked a couple others on Venus and didn't see any in the N/Gen or Hall of Whispers area.

Either Bungie forgot to remove this set, or it was a fluke that they spawned.

I think the Petra quests for fallen will exist in TTK, they just aren't available until the 15th.

If I complete all the gunsmiths white weapon quests it gives a legendary? How do you collect it?

You need to get him to level 1 rep after that you can order a weapon from the available manufacturers/weapon class (costs 2500 glimmer) and he'll deliver it on Wednesday with random perk rolls.

The selection should either become available when TTK launches or when he refreshes on Wednesday.

Juraash

If I complete all the gunsmiths white weapon quests it gives a legendary? How do you collect it?

If you complete the bounties you can opt to purchase a legendary from him, that said you have to wait until armsday (Wednesday) to pick it up. Additionally even if you hit rank one this week, the ability to buy/order a weapon isn't in place. This will likely change next week with the launch of TTK.

Edit: beaten

So if i got like 140 crucible marks at this point i should just spend 40 of them right? Otherwise they will just be converted into nothing since the convertion rate is 50:1?

Lazslo

Just posted this to DestinyReddit but I had to share here. This was my first Rift game- I tried a couple times to get the Spark but got killed pretty quickly. In this video, it’s the first time I actually get the Spark and it’s Hilarious how badly I Fuck It Up. This has to be the closest you can physically get to the Rift without actually Igniting the Spark, and its remarkable how bad I am. Enjoy my Failure:https://youtu.be/BzYiGtnWhEI

I was super excited to play Rift this week, I really love Objective-base games. In Halo- the most memorable experiences I had were the super close-score (Tied 2-2) CTF matches. Those crazy 1 Flag CTF matches on Zanzibar in H2 are some of my favorite memories playing video games. While playing Rift this week, It reminded me of those old Halo Objective days. I instantly noticed how the style of play differentiates itself from the regular Destiny Slayer. Overall I really enjoy Rift and I think Objective-based gameplay is totally welcomed in the Future of Destiny. I hope you enjoyed my failure.

darthbob

mayhem is riddick

11046779_10153690387430087_983857511835055191_o.jpg

mayhem is also a great way to rank up your dead orbit faction quest

Just saw this on reddit

I've done 2 of these quests, both for Hunter. Neither of them are difficult if you go into the Weekly Heroic. I had all my super kills on majors before even leaving the first room. I heard Striker is kind of tough though for some reason. I just shoot the Major a little then use the super on them. Seems to work fine. Interesting work around though.

BokehKing

Banned
I seriously dont understand why they still have not given any sign to implement that. UI challenges? Technical challenges? They just dont give a fuck? Bungie pls
Think they are afraid people will never step foot in the pve element of the world if they separated the two

Bungie's MM makes no sense.

Mayhem and Combined Arms should be 6v6
Control and Rift should be 5v5
Clash should be 4v4

Drifter and Sector play decently in 3s, but when you double the amount of players they're a total mess.

Yep. I find that I have more fun in the 3v3 game modes since its less chaotic. I'm sure 4v4 would be good for most things too.

xinek

Anyone want to make a PS4 fireteam for 3 quick Clash matches for the bounties? No mic, no pressure, just three matches :p I'm just trying to level up my hunter, so I've got some pretty shitty gear on.

I'll just start as soon as someone joins the fireteam.

PSN: SoullessSHOES

FYI everyone: this is some false modesty stuff here. Shoes is really good. I found it a useful strategy to just tag along and pick off kills.

FYI everyone: this is some false modesty stuff here. Shoes is really good. I found it a useful strategy to just tag along and pick off kills.

Wow, thanks man! :D

I was running around like a bit of a maniac because I'm still learning the new maps, especially The Dungeons and the last one we played (the name is escaping me). But I'm glad you had fun! You had a nice melee kill on that bladedancing hunter during that second game, that was clutch.

OH baby, just got the entire enemy team with one Nova Bomb in Mayhem, along with a Phantom.

Feels good.

Wow, nice! Does Shaxx say anything cool for a quick 6 kill? I've heard the dialogue up to 5, so I'm curious!

Wow, thanks man! :D

I was running around like a bit of a maniac because I'm still learning the new maps, especially The Dungeons and the last one we played (the name is escaping me). But I'm glad you had fun! You had a nice melee kill on that bladedancing hunter during that second game, that was clutch.

Wow, nice! Does Shaxx say anything cool for a quick 6 kill? I've heard the dialogue up to 5, so I'm curious!

I definitely remember a "I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT IM SEEING"

I had a really disheartening encounter with the clan I'd been a part of/playing with pretty regularly. There are (were) 6 of us - now, there are five of them.

I removed myself (from clan and FL), a few minutes ago and just can't see myself playing with them, which breaks my heart. Here's the deal:

I'm a pretty frequent GAF poster (used to be more so, still), and I decided (by virtue of feeling, maybe idiotically) that GAF is full of open minded and welcoming gamers. A couple of people in the clan are GAF'ers, which made me feel a little bit more comfortable.

I won't air the experience I had with one of the Clanmate GAF members (respect), but ultimately, I was let down - by his response, to a sensitive topic. I know, I guess I'm ignorant that GAF is still the Internet, and all that.

Not to mince words:

I decided, I liked playing with this group of people so much, I felt comfortable enough - telling them that I am gay. I opened up to the GAF member in the clan first, let down by that. Later, I decided to open up to the other pair (non GAF), figuring - they'll either be welcoming - or not.

I probably should t have, because the female in the clan turned very unsavory and spewed all of her hateful beliefs - which really broke my heart.

Mind you, I'm out in person to people and my family - have never been turned away or had a terrible (to my face) experience - that I can remember. It's a sensitive subject, especially between virtual internet strangers - but after hearing some epitaphs slurred in crucible, prior to coming out - I needed to clear the air. I needed to be me, so they could see the wonderful person that just wanted to be themselves and shoot the shit.

I feel a bit lost, at the moment. My partner, who I told is let down, I'm let down.

Look, if there are any cool people that wouldn't mind a gaymer in their midst - shoot me a friend request, or a clan invite. I'd be thrilled, right now I want to cry.

Pacificsun0481

Sorry to air all of that :(

Btw: REEDUCATOR is a stand up guy, not part of the clan - but a Gaffer I'd told prior, really cool - gives me some hope.

Hey DestinyGAF. I just repurchased Destiny after about 8 months and I have no idea what's going on. First things first though, why the hell did I just get 5 weapons from various people? The yellow/orange type not legendary. I know they're only year 1 weapons but are they literally handing them out like candy now??

Hey DestinyGAF. I just repurchased Destiny after about 8 months and I have no idea what's going on. First things first though, why the hell did I just get 5 weapons from various people? The yellow/orange type not legendary. I know they're only year 1 weapons but are they literally handing them out like candy now??

When the patch hit last Tuesday, all current Exotic bounties that you had were auto-completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom