• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any PS4 Gaffers out there want to help me with the Prison of Elders Skolas fight? Sitting in the waiting area now. Two dudes I was running it with both bailed on me,

PSN: UnionCarbine

todd360

Should I read the manga in conjunction with the show? Or do manga first?

You can choose to do whatever. I watched all the anime that was available and then started collecting the manga volumes and reading through it. The anime is still good. It just slows down later on.

Vire

Any PS4 Gaffers out there want to help me with the Prison of Elders Skolas fight? Sitting in the waiting area now. Two dudes I was running it with both bailed on me,

PSN: UnionCarbine
I got you, just send me a PSN request.

PSN: audioandy

I need to turn on my ps4 so one sec.

SnakeEyes

Banned
You can choose to do whatever. I watched all the anime that was available and then started collecting the manga volumes and reading through it. The anime is still good. It just slows down later on.
There's only so much time in a day, Todd - one cannot both read and watch One Piece :p

I'm watching One Piece, and reading Berserk.

Deku Tree

Just saw this on reddit

How to get into a strike solo on PS4 (self.DestinyTheGame)
submitted 3 hours ago by Genocide_Blast

Step 1: Sit in orbit and have your desired strike ready, don't hit search yet.

Step 2: Press the PS button and go to your settings>date and time> set time manually and set your date back 2 days. Press X to enter the new date.

Step 3: Go back to destiny and hit the search button and you'll matchmake into a strike completely solo.

You can do all your quests, bounties etc solo. You will have to solo the entire strike for the quest though. I soloed Devil's lair for the 3 majors kill for blade dance and gunslinger. After the strike is over fix your time on your ps4. This will log you out of destiny and you'll have to log back in. You can also do this for patrols as well for material farming if you want to chain farm

I have no idea if this works for Xbox as I only own a PS4.

ocean

Banned
Just saw this on reddit
Rolling back the clock used to give you infinite heavy ammo in Crucible because it kept triggering a negative cooldown on heavy synth. People loaded up matches with full rockets and refilled every time they died. First batch of bans Bubgie handed out in the game were for this way back in the day.

I doubt they'd ban for something like this though, nice find.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Does my mind deceive me or are Incendiary Grenades actually killing people now?

holy fuck this buff is real

Juraash

Heard a neat little bit of dialogue today. Touched down on Venus for some bounties and the Ghost pops off with, "Vex activity has been increasing. Wonder if that's because of us...or the Taken?"

Probably caught by lots of people already, but it's the first Taken related dialogue I've noticed.

todd360

There's only so much time in a day, Todd - one cannot both read and watch One Piece :p

I'm watching One Piece, and reading Berserk.

Rightstuf is having a Dark Horse sale. I ordered the next 5 volumes of berserk. I have only read the first 10 volumes so far. Its so good. Looking forward to reading more. Hopefully the mangaka actually finishes it at some point.

Does my mind deceive me or are Incendiary Grenades actually killing people now?

holy fuck this buff is real

Hand Cannon + Incendiary nade

60840ea2_sogood.gif

And unlike Arcbolt, it takes skill to use the Incendiary nade.

Namikaze1

Clarified by Bungie yesterday:
"There appears to be some confusion surrounding the new sub-class emblems that can be found in the Emblem Collection," Bungie writes. "The new emblems, which can be found under The Taken King sub-heading, are new emblems that require the completion of certain content and/or Bounties that will be released when Destiny: The Taken King launches. Players who complete their new sub-class Quests do not qualify for these emblems yet. There will more steps to complete, starting on September 15."

EDIT: TOP OF PAGE!
pizza-big.jpg
Are you trying to make me go order some pizza?

Deku Tree

Rolling back the clock used to give you infinite heavy ammo in Crucible because it kept triggering a negative cooldown on heavy synth. People loaded up matches with full rockets and refilled every time they died. First batch of bans Bubgie handed out in the game were for this way back in the day.

I doubt they'd ban for something like this though, nice find.

Oh that's how people were getting heavy on spawn on PvP? I never knew what the exploit was... Yeah I guess this could help people get their subclass quests done if they don't have two friends that want to load up a strike with them. Pretty crazy requirements Bungie put into these subclass quests in a MM activity... Maybe they will be easier to complete in the new strikes in TTK.

Clarified by Bungie yesterday:
"There appears to be some confusion surrounding the new sub-class emblems that can be found in the Emblem Collection," Bungie writes. "The new emblems, which can be found under The Taken King sub-heading, are new emblems that require the completion of certain content and/or Bounties that will be released when Destiny: The Taken King launches. Players who complete their new sub-class Quests do not qualify for these emblems yet. There will more steps to complete, starting on September 15."

pizza-big.jpg

Nice. I'll start working on these then.

xinek

You can't this week. Since 2.0 hit technically strikes should reward Legendary marks but they won't be active till the 15th.

Lols. I grinded (ground?) all day to get enough Strange Coins to be able to buy the hunter helmet from Xur. But I can't equip it until I unequip my chest exotic. I don't have anything to replace it with, so thought I'd buy it from the vanguard. Guess not.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hand Cannon + Incendiary nade

60840ea2_sogood.gif

And unlike Arcbolt, it takes skill to use the Incendiary nade.
the shit stronk breh

and you ain't outrunning most hunters

with this and throwing incen knives... recovery is not an option. warlocks lost again omg

Anyone want to make a PS4 fireteam for 3 quick Clash matches for the bounties? No mic, no pressure, just three matches :p I'm just trying to level up my hunter, so I've got some pretty shitty gear on.

I'll just start as soon as someone joins the fireteam.

PSN: SoullessSHOES

Hey folks,

I am thinking of getting into Destiny for the first time. I have tentatively thought about starting it, but never really got around to it. The Taken King is really putting me over the edge. I have a concern, though. We switched Internet to save money. The only options for us now are DSL and Comcast. Comcast doesn't really work in our house, so we're stuck with DSL. Basically, I went from 30 Mbps to 4 Mbps on my laptop.

I have a PS4 and an Xbox One that I bought on my own. The PS4 has a weaker WiFi signal than the Xbox One so the PS4 is out. I was wondering, would I be able to play Destiny at 4Mbps. I assume my Xbox One would probably only get about 1-2 Mbps. I don't want to waste money on The Taken King, so I want to be sure.

xinek

Anyone want to make a PS4 fireteam for 3 quick Clash matches for the bounties? No mic, no pressure, just three matches :p I'm just trying to level up my hunter, so I've got some pretty shitty gear on.

I'll just start as soon as someone joins the fireteam.

PSN: SoullessSHOES

Sent a FR!

coy

Rightstuf is having a Dark Horse sale. I ordered the next 5 volumes of berserk. I have only read the first 10 volumes so far. Its so good. Looking forward to reading more. Hopefully the mangaka actually finishes it at some point.
Charlie-Murphy-Laughing-Chappelles-Show-Prince.gif

$800 tourney in new meta not interesting?

I mean it's refreshing that the game isn't predominantly Thorn, Arcbolt, Lucky Raspberry and Felwinter's anymore, but watching all the people who specialize in that play Control again isn't an exciting prospect. 3v3 or Rift would be different, but Control bores me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom