• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

HZrQ5we.jpg

Click here for episode 10

The wait is almost over. The Taken King will release this Tuesday! We decided to have one last discussion about it before it comes out. Wii goodness near the end.

Podcast Fireteam:

Todd
Fig
Hawkian
Nami
Afro

Kinderguardian: What is the Mythocast?

The mythocast is a DGAF's very own podcast. We are a bunch of friends who talk about Destiny with questionable audio quality! Sit back, go on a patrol, and listen to us shoot the breeze.

Note:
I said call of duty abandoned last gen and I was dead wrong lol

a Nami GIF for your viewing pleasure.

lol @ that gif
I do my best work when I'm starving.

By the way, Snake, the pizza was delicious.

Vorheez

Hey guys, I decided to preorder the taken king digitally on psn and was wondering how to tell if I got the Dlc? I know that TTK isn't out until Tuesday, but it still says 39.99 on the store and the dlcs say free but I can't download them.

And yes, I made sure to buy the right version lol, the taken kind legendary edition or whatever

Hey guys, I decided to preorder the taken king digitally on psn and was wondering how to tell if I got the Dlc? I know that TTK isn't out until Tuesday, but it still says 39.99 on the store and the dlcs say free but I can't download them.

And yes, I made sure to buy the right version lol, the taken kind legendary edition or whatever

You bought the $60 version, right? You should be able to download and play the game straight away since it contains vanilla + TDB + HoW + TTK.

todd360

You bought the $60 version, right? You should be able to download and play the game straight away since it contains vanilla + TDB + HoW + TTK.

What if its some bullshit like how final fantasy 14 expansion was for sell on psn and it was bundled with the main game, but you had to wait for the expansion to release before the you could download the main game?

Vorheez

Yeah I did (well, 80 in Canada), and I can boot the game up, but how do I know I have the Dlc? Or is it automatically downloaded and installed?

Also, it still says the taken king is 39.99 on psn and doesn't say anywhere that it was downloaded.

Deku Tree

What if its some bullshit like how final fantasy 14 expansion was for sell on psn and it was bundled with the main game, but you had to wait for the expansion to release before the you could download the main game?

It's not like that... it's play right away.

EL CUCO

Team TripleWreck/Lumi etc "BombSquad Kittens" would have a good odds against team WYL/Poshy etc

EDIT: yeah "BombSquad Kittens" are seated number 1

Uh oh... Team TripleWreck/Lumi etc were about to Apple their opponents but they decided to just not fire at them and die over and over until their opponents got to 13K score, and then they finished them off lol...
Double Neg (Wish, Gabe, Posh, Srahb) just advanced. I think its gonna be BSK vs Double Neg at the end. They're gonna do this round and continue tournament tomorrow.

You have access to the game right? If so try and access Prision of Elders which is in the Reef section of the map. If it allows you to select it you have the DLC installed. For the Taken King not to sure how to check this one unfortunately.

God damn Zoba was right, the Jewel is legit. I can play like halo with it, tag a dude with a grenade or snipe and finish with a jump shot. That's my biggest disappointment with destiny, they crippling accuracy detriment while in the air. The Jewel (or just airborn perk) seeming gets rid of that, so good.

Wallach

I had a really disheartening encounter with the clan I'd been a part of/playing with pretty regularly. There are (were) 6 of us - now, there are five of them.

I removed myself (from clan and FL), a few minutes ago and just can't see myself playing with them, which breaks my heart. Here's the deal:

I'm a pretty frequent GAF poster (used to be more so, still), and I decided (by virtue of feeling, maybe idiotically) that GAF is full of open minded and welcoming gamers. A couple of people in the clan are GAF'ers, which made me feel a little bit more comfortable.

I won't air the experience I had with one of the Clanmate GAF members (respect), but ultimately, I was let down - by his response, to a sensitive topic. I know, I guess I'm ignorant that GAF is still the Internet, and all that.

Not to mince words:

I decided, I liked playing with this group of people so much, I felt comfortable enough - telling them that I am gay. I opened up to the GAF member in the clan first, let down by that. Later, I decided to open up to the other pair (non GAF), figuring - they'll either be welcoming - or not.

I probably should t have, because the female in the clan turned very unsavory and spewed all of her hateful beliefs - which really broke my heart.

Mind you, I'm out in person to people and my family - have never been turned away or had a terrible (to my face) experience - that I can remember. It's a sensitive subject, especially between virtual internet strangers - but after hearing some epitaphs slurred in crucible, prior to coming out - I needed to clear the air. I needed to be me, so they could see the wonderful person that just wanted to be themselves and shoot the shit.

I feel a bit lost, at the moment. My partner, who I told is let down, I'm let down.

Look, if there are any cool people that wouldn't mind a gaymer in their midst - shoot me a friend request, or a clan invite. I'd be thrilled, right now I want to cry.

Pacificsun0481

Sorry to air all of that :(

Btw: REEDUCATOR is a stand up guy, not part of the clan - but a Gaffer I'd told prior, really cool - gives me some hope.

Man, that's fuckin' garbage. Even on our corner of the internet you'll run into assholes like that sometimes, but stick around because there are plenty of people here on GAF that are worth getting to know and playing games with. Especially this one.

Lol.

You think I should get a iPad pro to take my drawing talent to the next level? I can't even type that without laughing.

You know todd i think you should do it. Think of the masterpieces you'll create. You'd be doing the world a disfavor by not allowing yourself to achieve such greatness. I can barely contain my laughter excitement at the thought of it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Midi takes like 5 hits to kill someone.

I don't even know what weapon to use anymore. I have to work a lot harder to get kills while people dont really have to aim and just shoot in my general direction and kill me in like two hits.

Midi takes like 5 hits to kill someone.

I don't even know what weapon to use anymore. I have to work a lot harder to get kills while people dont really have to aim and just shoot in my general direction and kill me in like two hits.

Welcome to the pulse rifle meta T_T

chur

I ran my first Vault of Glass with a group that included several GAF members. They repeated the N-word almost incessantly. Racists. I won't be grouping with them again. I always assumed that would be a non issue with this crowd.

To be fair, I've had several great GAF groups since, but life's too short for douchebags.
OMG I was there with you. Ugh I hated that group sooooo much.

Juraash

I had a really disheartening encounter with the clan I'd been a part of/playing with pretty regularly. There are (were) 6 of us - now, there are five of them.

I removed myself (from clan and FL), a few minutes ago and just can't see myself playing with them, which breaks my heart. Here's the deal:

I'm a pretty frequent GAF poster (used to be more so, still), and I decided (by virtue of feeling, maybe idiotically) that GAF is full of open minded and welcoming gamers. A couple of people in the clan are GAF'ers, which made me feel a little bit more comfortable.

I won't air the experience I had with one of the Clanmate GAF members (respect), but ultimately, I was let down - by his response, to a sensitive topic. I know, I guess I'm ignorant that GAF is still the Internet, and all that.

Not to mince words:

I decided, I liked playing with this group of people so much, I felt comfortable enough - telling them that I am gay. I opened up to the GAF member in the clan first, let down by that. Later, I decided to open up to the other pair (non GAF), figuring - they'll either be welcoming - or not.

I probably should t have, because the female in the clan turned very unsavory and spewed all of her hateful beliefs - which really broke my heart.

Mind you, I'm out in person to people and my family - have never been turned away or had a terrible (to my face) experience - that I can remember. It's a sensitive subject, especially between virtual internet strangers - but after hearing some epitaphs slurred in crucible, prior to coming out - I needed to clear the air. I needed to be me, so they could see the wonderful person that just wanted to be themselves and shoot the shit.

I feel a bit lost, at the moment. My partner, who I told is let down, I'm let down.

Look, if there are any cool people that wouldn't mind a gaymer in their midst - shoot me a friend request, or a clan invite. I'd be thrilled, right now I want to cry.

Pacificsun0481

Sorry to air all of that :(

Btw: REEDUCATOR is a stand up guy, not part of the clan - but a Gaffer I'd told prior, really cool - gives me some hope.

Everyone needs good people to play with, I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience. I'll add you as soon as I'm back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom