• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostburn

eighty(one) I think most of DGAF would be more then happy to play with you in Destiny. This is the coolest, most helpful community I've ever played with. Feel free to add me on PSN

US-Frostburn

G_Berry

Banned
Struggling to get glimmer at the moment. Is there anywhere decent to farm? The cabal mission wont let me set difficulty high enough for it to be worth while.

SheHateMe

Look, if there are any cool people that wouldn't mind a gaymer in their midst - shoot me a friend request, or a clan invite. I'd be thrilled, right now I want to cry.

Pacificsun0481

That fucking sucks.

For them. You can't replace good people. I'm sorry you had to experience that.

I'm sending you a friend invite right now.

kidko

I had a really disheartening encounter with the clan I'd been a part of/playing with pretty regularly. There are (were) 6 of us - now, there are five of them.

I removed myself (from clan and FL), a few minutes ago and just can't see myself playing with them, which breaks my heart. Here's the deal:

I'm a pretty frequent GAF poster (used to be more so, still), and I decided (by virtue of feeling, maybe idiotically) that GAF is full of open minded and welcoming gamers. A couple of people in the clan are GAF'ers, which made me feel a little bit more comfortable.

I won't air the experience I had with one of the Clanmate GAF members (respect), but ultimately, I was let down - by his response, to a sensitive topic. I know, I guess I'm ignorant that GAF is still the Internet, and all that.

Not to mince words:

I decided, I liked playing with this group of people so much, I felt comfortable enough - telling them that I am gay. I opened up to the GAF member in the clan first, let down by that. Later, I decided to open up to the other pair (non GAF), figuring - they'll either be welcoming - or not.

I probably should t have, because the female in the clan turned very unsavory and spewed all of her hateful beliefs - which really broke my heart.

Mind you, I'm out in person to people and my family - have never been turned away or had a terrible (to my face) experience - that I can remember. It's a sensitive subject, especially between virtual internet strangers - but after hearing some epitaphs slurred in crucible, prior to coming out - I needed to clear the air. I needed to be me, so they could see the wonderful person that just wanted to be themselves and shoot the shit.

I feel a bit lost, at the moment. My partner, who I told is let down, I'm let down.

Look, if there are any cool people that wouldn't mind a gaymer in their midst - shoot me a friend request, or a clan invite. I'd be thrilled, right now I want to cry.

Pacificsun0481

Sorry to air all of that :(

Btw: REEDUCATOR is a stand up guy, not part of the clan - but a Gaffer I'd told prior, really cool - gives me some hope.

Life's too short to deal with ignorant/ intolerant gamers! Adding you now (PSN kidklovius)

Deku Tree

Wow, just read the Red Bull quest info. Seems like a chore just to get a sparrow and re-skinned ghost :(

The final reward is a fast version of the Tumbler sparrow... so hopefully the speed of the Timebreaker/Graverobber and also able to do the trick sparrow stuff from the Tumbler (but the Tumbler was too slow)... if you don't care about that then yeah don't do it. If you want a fast trick sparrow then maybe some of the challenges would be fun, and as far as we know the Red Bull quest is the only way to get one.

void666

Banned
Did weekly just now. My matchmade team mates were "great".
One had thorn as his primary. And the other one had the gunsmith sniper and RL for most of the strike.

Edit: The weekly doesn't work for the TDB questline. I have to do the strike from the map. Well, fuck it.

It's a fast version of the Tumbler sparrow... so hopefully the speed of the Timebreaker/Graverobber and also able to do the trick sparrow stuff from the Tumbler (but the Tumbler was too slow)... if you don't care about that then yeah don't do it. If you want a fast trick sparrow then maybe some of the challenges would be fun.

The crucible rift one in particular can be a pain, seeing how rift is a goddamn mess atm.

Well, the real year 1 is officially over for me. I finished my Triumphs earlier today. Got to play 2 mayhem games at least and 5 rift games total and test some of the new weapons. I'll definitely be looking forward to TTK and playing with y'all when I get back on the 22nd. For those that want to group up (especially Blind people who can't play until then) on the night (Central Timezone) of the 22nd to run through missions/whatever else, LT, Rarbusto and anyone else, send me a PM! I won't be visiting this thread much over the next few days, and ZERO once TTK hits, sadface. Have fun and take care, everyone! Year 1 has been mayhem and I can't wait for year 2!!!!

Fulcrum w/ LiTC, final round, and small bore. My god what a beast.

TLW and Thorn used to be better but now that they've been brought down to earth a little bit I can actually use my fulcrum and go nuts.

todd360

HZrQ5we.jpg

Click here for episode 10

The wait is almost over. The Taken King will release this Tuesday! We decided to have one last discussion about it before it comes out. Wii goodness near the end.

Podcast Fireteam:

Todd
Fig
Hawkian
Nami
Afro

Kinderguardian: What is the Mythocast?

The mythocast is a DGAF's very own podcast. We are a bunch of friends who talk about Destiny with questionable audio quality! Sit back, go on a patrol, and listen to us shoot the breeze.

Note:
I said call of duty abandoned last gen and I was dead wrong lol

a Nami GIF for your viewing pleasure.

Deku Tree

That's unfortunate as WYL seems like a huge goober, and I assume they will win it all with that roster. Then again there is no skill gap, so maybe it's anyone's tournament.

Team TripleWreck/Lumi etc "BombSquad Kittens" would have a good odds against team WYL/Poshy etc

EDIT: yeah "BombSquad Kittens" are seated number 1

They appled the other team on the very first match. Now they're trying to match again...

Uh oh... Team TripleWreck/Lumi etc were about to Apple their opponents but they decided to just not fire at them and die over and over until their opponents got to 13K score, and then they finished them off lol...

I preordered TTK on PSN for $40 and I don't have the Suros Arsenal pack. Red shader, and emblem. It hasn't shown up at the postmasters. I have no clue what to do. Someone PMd me and I did what they said but still nothing.

Ugh. Can't stand people like that. You're still the same person as you were before that moment but nope, they'd rather stick to their dying way of thought than move the hell on and keep a friend. I know there's at least one of them on the Xbox side, I've heard a certain word used when they thought they were in the company of like-minded individuals. Might have just been a friend of a friend but who knows. Hopefully you can find some people not stuck in the last century. I'm sure there's a lot of good people still on GAF, very progressive forum.

I'd add you but Microsoft doesn't like cross-platform servers or something.

Arrrammis

I preordered TTK on PSN for $40 and I don't have the Suros Arsenal pack. Red shader, and emblem. It hasn't shown up at the postmasters. I have no clue what to do. Someone PMd me and I did what they said but still nothing.
Have you looked around the PSN store? Sometimes stuff like that shows up as a free add-on you you have to go in and download seperately

It will be unlocked on the 15th as bungie is aware that some got it early others did not so don't sweat it you will get your stuff.

I had a really disheartening encounter with the clan I'd been a part of/playing with pretty regularly. There are (were) 6 of us - now, there are five of them.

I ran my first Vault of Glass with a group that included several GAF members. They repeated the N-word almost incessantly. Racists. I won't be grouping with them again. I always assumed that would be a non issue with this crowd.

To be fair, I've had several great GAF groups since, but life's too short for douchebags.

Frenden

Banned
Fulcrum w/ LiTC, final round, and small bore. My god what a beast.

TLW and Thorn used to be better but now that they've been brought down to earth a little bit I can actually use my fulcrum and go nuts.

Yeah. I'm either using read death or that same exact roll. It has HUGE range and stability with Small Bore. It doesn't feel nearly as gimped as other HCs to me.

I have a second Fulcrum that I'm trying to roll into a Jewel-alike too. It has great base stats to build on.

lt519

Well, the real year 1 is officially over for me. I finished my Triumphs earlier today. Got to play 2 mayhem games at least and 5 rift games total and test some of the new weapons. I'll definitely be looking forward to TTK and playing with y'all when I get back on the 22nd. For those that want to group up (especially Blind people who can't play until then) on the night (Central Timezone) of the 22nd to run through missions/whatever else, LT, Rarbusto and anyone else, send me a PM! I won't be visiting this thread much over the next few days, and ZERO once TTK hits, sadface. Have fun and take care, everyone! Year 1 has been mayhem and I can't wait for year 2!!!!

Hey! See you on the flip side! Unfortunately my travel got shifted and I'll be gone from the 24th to October 12th, I'll probably hit up the story and such but I'm not sure if I'll get to raid until I get back. Unfortunately you probably won't be raid ready by the time I leave if you are staying the 22nd. If we end up not trying the raid and I take my PS4 with me I'll let you know. We have 4 and only need two more and would be willing to wait if we had a set date/time. There's a good chance I'll be able to raid on the 27th from my hotel but that'll be my only day off.

kidko

Ppl still using "the100" ?

Looking to run a nightfall and tried a new post to find some help. Should be set to "group only", right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom