• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just don't want to get too deep into anything if that Skolas run is still forthcoming. For now I'm poking around at the systems.

And I'm thinking I may be able to be of service back in my old way once again :D

For instance... I've seen more than a couple posts bemoaning the presentation of the new Shader, Ship, Emblem and Sparrow kiosks for being unhelpful or lacking clarity with regard to what you own, don't own, and have equipped.

While it's definitely true that the initial presentation is unclear and no instruction whatsoever is given with regard to how to make the most of it (a new direction for Destiny! :D), these kiosks are actually totally awesome and really really useful once you get the ins and outs. If your inventory is full (as mine certainly was except for Sparrows), they won't convey any real information at first glance, which is a bummer.

First thing you want to do is go up to a kiosk. Then, go into your menu and delete/discard every single item of that type you have in your inventory. This feels weird and scary, but just do it! Ships, sparrows and emblems can't be unequpped so you need to keep one in your inventory, but with shaders luckily you can equip "no shader" and scrap everything else.
COglN-AUsAAtUhD.jpg:orig

Then you get this when you look at the kiosks:

Now, at this point you can populate that character's inventory with the ones that you switch between frequently if you do so, or if you're like me, just take one at a time and return to the tower every once and a while when you feel like switching for a change. In fact, basically every time you get a shader/ship/emblem in your inventory from now on, unless you want to equip it right then and there, you ought to immediately dismantle it. When you return to the tower and look at your collection, it'll be there waiting if you do want to give it a spin.

I can totally see how confusing this must have been when first approaching the kiosks but it all felt very natural to me because it actually has a lot in common with Guild Wars 2's wardrobe system, which was also a post-launch addition.

On a semi-related note, the Atlantean 5055 shader that Eva Levante currently has is pretty slick:

Afrocious

^WTF, people are afraid to discard their emblems and shaders after the damn consoles in the Tower allow us to get them whenever we want?

Wow.

So, uh, legendary hand cannons are way more viable than the exotics (save for Thorn). I have a Fulcrum with a solid Smallbore mini-moon build that easily outperforms Hawkmoon.

Moon has a super low aim assist but used to make up for it by being rangey as fuck.

With its other stats nerfed, the low AA is Moon's Achilles heel ATM, I think.

Jewels. Fulcrums. Mercys. Red Hands. All are doing more work for me than TLW and Moon depending on the rolls.

the king-

the perks that lower mag size end of helping because they increase the percentage of the bonus-damage shots.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm loving the improvements to the UI, game keeps track of every buff now. The quest trackers are a neat addition and being able to turn in bounties from the quest submenu is so good.

If they're going to put maps like dungeon in I think they need to pull shotgun range back even further. I dunno, maybe it's just new but its a goddamn swiss cheese maze of shotty corners.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
^WTF, people are afraid to discard their emblems and shaders after the damn consoles in the Tower allow us to get them whenever we want?

Wow.
Well, if you have a full inventory the kiosk doesn't make it immediately clear that you "own" any shaders or that, say, one in your vault but not in your inventory is actually available on that character. I can understand the hesitance because it's not like the game had always operated in the most logical manner in the past. But yeah, this is a good system and me likee.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
the king-

the perks that lower mag size end of helping because they increase the percentage of the bonus-damage shots.

Basically a Hawkmoon now lol. Its still not the real deal, but its close enough - and lets you run with an exotic in the secondary or heavy slot.

And speaking of.... I'm not sure how I feel about any of the exotic secondary weapons anymore :/

Lunar FC

Wow.

Doing something that's the complete opposite of what we've always done with no clear in-game explanation. Craziness!

Wow.
There are a few promotional emblems that aren't available in the emblem kiosk, and since Tess took her special orders kiosk with her, you're screwed if you deleted them. (Like I did prepatch, since they were in the special orders kiosk)

Considering they also screwed up the special order frontier shell's availability, and let slip huge bugs like the missing subclass quest emblems, I think a little fear and trepidation is warranted.

And this emblem is not in DestinyDB according to my search just now.

Emblem collection page 2 under Class Starter. They used to be given out in the Beta when you created your class, they obviously added them back. You can only access the ones for the class you are on though. So the Aspect of Dust is for Hunters.

So the Vestian Dynasty can be ascended with legendary marks, but so far everything else I've looked at still uses Etheric Light. Is this being changed over or what?

petmis

So are the fallen wolves bounties done? The first expansion had the blades of Crota stuff spawning everywhere. When the second expansion launched the blades spawns disapeared. Now the Fallen KIng is launching and the Wolves stuff from the second expansion are being retired? Are we just paying for events as opposed to additional content? It seems everytime they introduce new stuff they're rapping up old stuff.
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, I just haven' seen anyone mentioning anything about it.

So are the fallen wolves bounties done? The first expansion had the blades of Crota stuff spawning everywhere. When the second expansion launched the blades spawns disapeared. Now the Fallen KIng is launching and the Wolves stuff from the second expansion are being retired? Are we just paying for events as opposed to additional content? It seems everytime they introduce new stuff they're rapping up old stuff.
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, I just haven' seen anyone mentioning anything about it.

The ones from HoW are gone yes but they have replaced them with new ones, there is one on Mars that spawn atm, but you can't kill any of them as they require 240 light.

So are the fallen wolves bounties done? The first expansion had the blades of Crota stuff spawning everywhere. When the second expansion launched the blades spawns disapeared. Now the Fallen KIng is launching and the Wolves stuff from the second expansion are being retired? Are we just paying of events as opposed to additional content? It seems everytime they introduce new stuff they're rapping up old stuff.

Basically. HoW patrol events are gone, and while I haven't checked that likely goes for bounties as well. Eric Morn bounties are also gone.

Right now, the only bounties are the ones from the main bounty vendor afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom