• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

Drizzay = the iceman

Thanks for helping my friend Sarah with Skolas, Drizz!

I'm bowing but you can't see me

Lol wasn't the smoothest "double newbie" run
*cough cough Colonel cough*
I've ever done but wasn't too bad.

I can do another Skolas School if any newbies are around.

Newbies like you! Are you still looking for it?

:( Sorry doc I was woefully out of practice. Hence my above comment. Appreciate your patience and I need to sharpen up for sure.

Jinjo

Hot damm Banerfall is perfect for Shoulder Charge. Shoulder charge all the mans! Just under 3 days!!!

tumblr_nsnpvvb0YV1uof3x7o3_500.gif

What's Banerfall? New Titan exotic?

I have a question btw. I wanna reroll my Titan, as I've probably said before. But that's the only character that has fulfilled all the year one Veteran requirements for the cool new black shader, emblem & sparrow. If I delete her will I possibly lose out on those? I might just wait till tuesday to be on the safe side, unless someone has a clear and proven statement from Bungie or something that it won't happen.

Where's Luke when you need him? :p

I have a question btw. I wanna reroll my Titan, as I've probably said before. But that's the only character that has fulfilled all the year one Veteran requirements for the cool new black shader, emblem & sparrow. If I delete her will I possibly lose out on those? I might just wait till tuesday to be on the safe side, unless someone has a clear and proven statement from Bungie or something that it won't happen.

That's a tough one it should be fine but better to be safe than sorry. Bannerfall is just a new crucible map set in another tower, lots of great corners and openings to shoulder charge people on.

Klyka

Banned

Yes Bungie said NOT to delete characters that have the triumphs.
So it seems you will lose them. Wait a couple days till you get your stuff, then delete and use the light you get to immediately level to 25 again.

Jinjo

That's a tough one it should be fine but better to be safe than sorry. Bannerfall is just a new crucible map set in another tower, lots of great corners and openings to shoulder charge people on.

Yes Bungie said NOT to delete characters that have the triumphs.
So it seems you will lose them. Wait a couple days till you get your stuff, then delete and use the light you get to immediately level to 25 again.

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Guess I'll wait. Thank goodness for the light item to get back to level 25. Then use all the story missions to get to 40. Might just focus on my Hunter first if I want to be available for first time raid. Guess this is the first time I won't be going in blind with my Titan bae.

Are there already groups forming for blind raid next week friday?

Postman came. Not sure what I was expecting with this to be honest. Turns out it's the exact same Destiny disc with a download token for the expansions that either a) I can't use until the 15th or b) someone has already used. I would have been safer pre-ordering digital but I saved a couple of pounds at least. There's also a free month trial of ps+ in there.

Firthy

I have gotten absolutely terrible at control (and the crucible in general) ever since the 2.0 update, I never struggled to get a healthy K/D ratio and being one of the highest scorers on my team, but now i'm getting destroyed every game!

Heres a quote from a Bungie source to someone that was worried cause some TTK stuff was not showing up on a sub account.

The Taken King launches on 9/15/2015. Once The Taken King is live players will be able to access the trailer from the Director and all of the pre-order items that they qualify for. For players that own the Taken King and have multiple accounts on one console, The Taken King will be accessible to the secondary accounts at launch,but the pre-order items will only be accessible to accounts that own The Taken King.

Guys is Bungie/Activision really doing this...whats highlighted? Cause my son and I each own a copy of Destiny since we bought disc versions however we share PS+ as well as dlc/preorder bonuses.No other game has been dumb enough to do this digital items have always been system wide.After charging us $40 for an expansion are they seriously gonna lock preorder bonuses and VIP rewards (yea VIP rewards also) so neither will get permissions needed even though the dlc itself is system wide.

Oh this extends to players who bought the expansion on from a different region than your own.

Heres a quote from a Bungie source to someone that was worried cause some TTK stuff was not showing up on a sub account.

The Taken King launches on 9/15/2015. Once The Taken King is live players will be able to access the trailer from the Director and all of the pre-order items that they qualify for. For players that own the Taken King and have multiple accounts on one console, The Taken King will be accessible to the secondary accounts at launch,but the pre-order items will only be accessible to accounts that own The Taken King.

Guys is Bungie/Activision really doing this...whats highlighted? Cause my son and I each own a copy of Destiny since we bought disc versions however we share PS+ as well as dlc/preorder bonuses.No other game has been dumb enough to do this digital items have always been system wide.After charging us $40 for an expansion are they seriously gonna lock preorder bonuses and VIP rewards (yea VIP rewards also) so neither will get permissions needed even though the dlc itself is system wide.

Oh this extends to players who bought the expansion on from a different region than your own.

Yup, according to the thread on reddit, secondary accounts won't get any pre-order and vip stuff.

such a dick move

Tovarisc

Yup, according to the thread on reddit, secondary accounts won't get any pre-order and vip stuff.

such a dick move

Tbh I expect more games, and most likely Activision, start doing this as countermeasure to people working around pricing in regions. Want this cool shit? Better pre-order from own region where game is 70 instead of 50.

phen0m24

Here's what's annoying.

I bought my son his own Live account so he could play with his cousins under his own GT. Same console. Preordered TTK digitally on XB1 for him.

When I pull up my account, same console mind you, and assuming I had the retail TTK disc in there this wouldn't happen, but I get preorder prompts.

That. Sucks.

I've bought the ps4 version, the 360 version, the xb1 version, the ps4 season pass, the 360 season pass, the xb1 season pass, preordered TTK CE for ps4 and his legendary digital TTK for XB1. If I want to play on Xbox I have to buy it.... Again?

Having difficulty wrapping my head around why the same console needs the same content purchased twice - I get it in theory - different accounts. But the same console with a retail disc - I don't think I would be having this problem.

Gong

Yup, have just been talking about this with my clan mates, I'm directly affected as I bought the US Digital Guardian Edition last year, and all subsequent DLC's and use my UK account to play them. Obviously a new policy as there has never been an issue until now, all exclusive items have unlocked, etc.

Dick move Bungie, me and others are being punished after being with them from the Alpha and Beta and had the temerity to buy the game digitally from another store (which they've actively encouraged in the past!) so I can have the game on my HDD to boot whenever I wanted.

Bunch of Fannies.

Oh great! No VIP shader/emblem/sparrow for me then :(

Not really, it depends if your primary account is the one which you used to buy the game.

Only secondary accounts won't get it.

For example, assume your primary PSN account is US region. You live in UK but you buy from US psn store using your US psn account - you are the primary account and will get everything, no matter where you live.

The case where you won't get the items is if you live in UK and your primary account is on UK psn. You use an alternate US psn account to buy the dlc etc but play from your UK account. In this case, your UK account (primary) will not receive the pre-order items.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO THE HOPSCOTCH??? I JUST GOT IT LAST WEEK

Its not a laser anymore but its still a very, very good PR imo

probably my favorite

at least until I roll a full auto/zen moment High Road Soldier and run back to scout rifles

The case where you won't get the items is if you live in UK and your primary account is on UK psn. You use an alternate US psn account to buy the dlc etc but play from your UK account. In this case, your UK account (primary) will not receive the pre-order items.
This is me :( Thanks for the clarification

Acidote

Someone just told me that those subclass quests should grant an emblem too when completed after TTK release. What happens with us who have already completed them? Will Bungie send the emblems through the postmaster?

Someone just told me that those subclass quests should grant an emblem too when completed after TTK release. What happens with us who have already completed them? Will Bungie send the emblems through the postmaster?
You're fine, I believe they said there are further quest steps that unlock on the 15th to get those emblems.

Thanks Drizzy for the Skola's Revenge run.

DefunctRez thanks you also since he doesn't have a gaf account.

Happy to help! That was a great run, you made some seriously clutch plays at the end to help me dismantle those last mines.

90 kills so far and that was a new one for me: having NAT issues with a party member so they couldn't hear me at all. Defunct was a great translator though, congrats! :p

WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO THE HOPSCOTCH??? I JUST GOT IT LAST WEEK

Nothing too bad actually. Gunnerz was destroying ppl last night with it.

Edit:

Anyway. I've been out of the loop too long. Last night I've organized my stuff, dismantled some, got bounties, new quests, but I didnt really PLAY any game mode.

I guess I'll do that tonight. What should I aim for to get ready for tuesday?

Get close to levelling up without actually levelling up? 200 marks of each type? 16 completed bounties ready to be checked out?

Postman came. Not sure what I was expecting with this to be honest. Turns out it's the exact same Destiny disc with a download token for the expansions that either a) I can't use until the 15th or b) someone has already used. I would have been safer pre-ordering digital but I saved a couple of pounds at least. There's also a free month trial of ps+ in there.

Is TDB, HOW and TTK all seperate codes?

It just boggles the kind after charging $40 for TTK then $20 emotes etc to also go ahead and do some unprecedented extortion tactic on your own customer base.Asking players to buy an extra $40 expansion to equal the same basic benefits system wide dlc that they themselves provided on previous expansions (cheaper ones may i add).

I mean they're the ones who encouraged sub accounts before! As a Destiny supporter im yanking my freaking hair over here cause i cant afford a second expansion so my son and I can both have our VIP rewards and bonuses.

Need to do a level 35 Skolas to complete my triumph but never attempted it before. How screwed am I?
Get some Gaffers for backup and you should be okay. I tried yesterday with some DestinyLFG randoms and, though we got to Skolas, it took awhile, and Skolas hammered us until the randoms bailed. Got some Gaf help and cleared it.

Kyoufu

It just boggles the kind after charging $40 for TTK then $20 emotes etc to also go ahead and do some unprecedented extortion tactic on your own customer base.Asking players to buy an extra $40 expansion to equal the same basic benefits system wide dlc that they themselves provided on previous expansions (cheaper ones may i add).

I mean they're the ones who encouraged sub accounts before! As a Destiny supporter im yanking my freaking hair over here cause i cant afford a second expansion so my son and I can both have our VIP rewards and bonuses.

So why is your son using a sub account and not an account of his own? Or am I confusing the two?

edit: I think I'm confused. Ignore moi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom