• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

Playing PvP for funsies. First map was Drifter with Monte Carlo. That was fun. Had a 10 streak which never happens.

Tried Hard Light on Frontier and ready to shard it. IT kinda sucks at range. Even though it has no damage drop off, you have to shoot one at a time to hit anything.

Gonna play a little more with MC then maybe Bad Juju and my beloved Timepiece.

blaze, EJ is using TP with great results. Shocking

Truant

Noticed a weird thing with the quest system. There are some missions that don't belong to a questline.

For example, the mission "The Archive" on Venus is fully playable, yet it isn't tied to a questline. Even weirder, when I started the House of Wolves campain, the first mission directly references events in "The Archive" even though I hadn't even played that mission yet.

Maybe completing "The Archive" triggers the House of Wolves questline or something? Which again is weird, seeing as most new players would wait with that mission until they got a quest step for it.

Kyoufu

But I like Deku's not-so-humble brag posts. I need to know the status of his inventory! It gives me comfort. If the Tower economy collapses Deku's got our backs.

The Tower ain't running out of Heavy Ammo synths again after I feed them 2700 on Tuesday.

Just noticed the text on the hunter cloak everyone is wearing this week.
Frumious%20Cloak.jpg

As a Warlock, I find this incredible rude yet surprisingly funny. Class items that make fun of other classes are the best.

X-Frame

How far can I get into the "Path of the" subclass quests without wasting the XP or rep bonus?

Can I do all the steps and then just not turn in the last step?

Kyoufu

How far can I get into the "Path of the" subclass quests without wasting the XP or rep bonus?

Yes, but I think each step gives some XP. All of mine are ready to be completed on Tuesday.

I've had a fantastic 24 hours!

First of all, thanks to everyone from here that helped me finally do a raid! Vault of glass was awesome (that was where the games much needed verticality was hiding!) and I definitely want to try it again and do Crota!

Secondly, also tried PoE's for the first time and got an Icebreaker for my troubles! Kept missing out on it whenever Xur had it in stock for various reasons, and it's the final Exotic I was missing that I really wanted from year one, which is ace!

Finally, I literally just received TTK in the mail! thank you occasionally very efficient Royal Mail!

So yeah, practically ready for launch now. I'm amazed at how much this game has improved since even The Dark Below. It's gone from a disappointing 6/10 for me to a rock solid 8, and if TTK manages to pull off half of what it's promising, the entire thing will be at least a 9.

Now, if I could just get a decent bloody handcannon without having to slog through PvP...

Raybunny

Step 8 if I recall it. The one in which you have to finish a strike with orbs created or kills.

Tovarisc

Accept the first step aka accept quest line. Everything post that is "wasting XP".

Edit:
Step 8 if I recall it. The one in which you have to finish a strike with orbs created or kills.

Completing any step gives you XP.

Makikou

Just noticed the text on the hunter cloak everyone is wearing this week.

As a Warlock, I find this incredible rude yet surprisingly funny. Class items that make fun of other classes are the best.

Have you heard of the Pujari-Wei Ratio?

If not, it's on a Titan's Spearhead Type 0 Helmet:

Pujari-Wei Ratio: colloquial. Amount of time Warlocks spend planning battles vs. time Titans spend winning them.

;)

neoemonk

It just boggles the kind after charging $40 for TTK then $20 emotes etc to also go ahead and do some unprecedented extortion tactic on your own customer base.Asking players to buy an extra $40 expansion to equal the same basic benefits system wide dlc that they themselves provided on previous expansions (cheaper ones may i add).

I mean they're the ones who encouraged sub accounts before! As a Destiny supporter im yanking my freaking hair over here cause i cant afford a second expansion so my son and I can both have our VIP rewards and bonuses.

Sub-accounts are a disaster. Gaming with kids in general is an expensive proposition. I feel your pain man. Two systems and two copies of the game to play anything properly, and if siblings are involved, forget it. Nintendo used to be the answer for this, but even Splatoon only gives you a neutered co-op mode.

Have they tuned xp up for now? Got a full level from a pvp match (or maybe it was 2). I leveled my Titan mostly in pvp and most of my xp came from the bounties not the matches themselves.

People will hit 40 in one session like this

Have they tuned xp up for now? Got a full level from a pvp match (or maybe it was 2). I leveled my Titan mostly in pvp and most of my xp came from the bounties not the matches themselves.

People will hit 40 in one session like this

I don't think hitting level 40 will be hard at all, who was it at bungie that said they want us to hit 40 ASAP. Its now (and always has been ) about the grind for light levels.

Jezabel

The fact TTK unlocks at 7pm Tuesday Sydney time makes me unbelievably happy. Especially with Wednesday off!

Now if I can just find a way to keep my 3 month old chill while i play

Makikou

Anything good that I should buy from Xur this week?

Helm of Inmost Light is coming to Year 2 but it's still a very average Titan helmet.

Celestial Nighthawk is coming to Year 2 but kinda getting a nerf. Some think Nightstalker will be the best Hunter subclass in PvP/PvE and make Gunslinger obsolete, Celestial being a Gunslinger exotic, you can see where this is going.

Apotheosis Veil is not coming to Year 2 as of the release of TTK. Possible it will come later though. It's not too special warlock helmet and very situational.

Oh and you can always gamble the Chest Engram if you are missing any of the exotic chest pieces.

Lnkn52

DGAF during the hours of midnight through 8am is pure Warlock hate. 😖

So excited, the long awaited update for this game is upon us. I hope it meets and exceeds expectations.

I don't think hitting level 40 will be hard at all, who was it at bungie that said they want us to hit 40 ASAP. Its now (and always has been ) about the grind for light levels.

Can't remember who it was, but didn't they say the exact opposite? Don't worry about getting to 40 as soon as possible and enjoy the game. Obviously, if opening 20 PE packages is fun to you, then by all means.

I think being level 40 is going to be pretty meaningless. You're gonna need gear to up your light level or you'll still be under-levelled. Anybody getting to 40 as soon as the dlc hits will barely have a headstart since most people will probably be level 40 by the time they have decent gear anyway.
Let's all agree that Zavala is the worse.

I couldn't even remember his name.

Lnkn52

Can't remember who it was, but didn't they say the exact opposite? Don't worry about getting to 40 as soon as possible and enjoy the game. Obviously, if opening 20 PE packages is fun to you, then by all means.

I think being level 40 is going to be pretty meaningless. You're gonna need gear to up your light level or you'll still be under-levelled. Anybody getting to 40 as soon as the dlc hits will barely have a headstart since most people will probably be level 40 by the time they have decent gear anyway.

I couldn't even remember his name.
My thoughts exactly. The level is just a number to be able to wear specific type gear.

Namikaze1

Suros package finally shows up.

Edit: top of page.

Shameless Mythocast plug-in

HZrQ5we.jpg

Click here for episode 10

The wait is almost over. The Taken King will release this Tuesday! We decided to have one last discussion about it before it comes out. Wii goodness near the end.

Podcast Fireteam:

Todd
Fig
Hawkian
Nami
Afro

Kinderguardian: What is the Mythocast?

The mythocast is a DGAF's very own podcast. We are a bunch of friends who talk about Destiny with questionable audio quality! Sit back, go on a patrol, and listen to us shoot the breeze.

Note:
I said call of duty abandoned last gen and I was dead wrong lol

a Nami GIF for your viewing pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom