• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raybunny

Thats why I say 1500-1700 :)
Previously about 2400 an hour were possible on the heroic difficulties.
There's still ~25 Thrall that spawn per wakening and it takes just uder a minute to kill them all.

Not anymore as you can't run that mission on hard anymore. Its intended, normal, level spawns next to no hive.

30 minutes later:

Kills: 798
Deaths 31

1600 per hour easily.

todd360

They aren't going to. They're officially removing Vault of Glass and Crota's End from the "required" content to keep progressing in the end game - this happens in any other MMO, and they want Destiny to be "compatible with real life", so they aren't going to have 3 raids on your "checklist" per week.

The same thing will eventually happen to King's Fall too.

Which is a good thing.

k1t4j

Is anyone playing with a new character or just starting out?

I am leveling a warlock but I can't find anyone for the story strikes :(

And I recently got a Husk of the pit (around the time Bungie fixed their drop rate) and It chews through enemies at this level, not only that it has the highest attack rating of any weapon from 10 until 15-16. Really good.

Just found out the story rewards have been somewhat tweeked as well, I am getting ghost shells, just got a fairly cool looking grey shell for my ghost after waking the hive :)

I'm...I'm really enjoying Mayhem. This shouldn't be happening. Pre release I thought I was going to hate it.

I still think they should do a 'Taken' gamemode like MW3s Infected. That would be so fun.

GutZ31

FUCK. SKOLAS.

Don't throw in the towel until it notices you.

013.png

I believe in you.

Raybunny

Thats why I say 1500-1700 :)
Previously about 2400 an hour were possible on the heroic difficulties.
There's still ~25 Thrall that spawn per wakening and it takes just uder a minute to kill them all.

Not anymore as you can't run that mission on hard anymore. Its intended, normal, level spawns next to no hive.

You're mad, though I may try siege of the warmind later, thats 48 kills per run and they're all in a straight line for easy pickings

1 hour later

1611 Kills
66 deaths

Yeah, you can't just spam supers anymore. They are making supers situational now. Which is totally fine with me.

Hopefully the new stuff will have double the current values, with my old 100% disc gear I could through a grenade as quickly as I could hit the button in radiance . It's now at 106/170 and is painfully slow

So does rerolling disappear when TTK drops or will it just stay behind on Year One guns?

Also do we have a number of total exotics in the expansion?

Hopefully the new stuff will have double the current values, with my old 100% disc gear I could through a grenade as quickly as I could hit the button in radiance . It's now at 106/170 and is painfully slow

I doubt they will be tbh, maybe by a slim difference but. The supers were spammed so much in Crota/Skolas. They are making you earn them now. :p

It was stated in the BWU a few weeks ago that Nightfalls will no longer give a buff until they figure out what to do with a new buff that doesn't force you to do NF first every week.

The Radiant Light bonuses will carry over as base gains in TTK. <--- This should be stickied at this point :p

Yea, I read that. But I'm not sure how they'll work it in (Bounties are less XP, but of course they're also easier and we can hold more). It doesn't matter too much though, based on stuff observed by DGAF/Reddit 34-40 will be rather quick.

I cant do this nova bomb thing. I always end up getting 6 orbs instead of 7. Anyone have any tips on how or where I should get this done? Id really appreciate it.

Kyoufu

I cant do this nova bomb thing. I always end up getting 6 orbs instead of 7. Anyone have any tips on how or where I should get this done? Id really appreciate it.

Wear Light Beyond Nemesis.

The stairs at Undying Mind, there are tons of Majors there. If you Nova Bomb 3 small enemies or 2 Minotaurs you should see 7 orbs.

GutZ31

Perfect. Figured. Thanks. Just trying to see what I should get done before TTK and the answer seems to be "nothing".

Save up high exp bounties, and do one public event per day to get exp package in the mail.
This is pretty much all you should really be worried about doing.

Use the bottom of the stairs on the undying mind for some reason it counts for void walkers and the striker portion of the subclass quests, wait till 3 are together jump high aim down and fire. Wipe and repeat until done

Raybunny

Get 2 other players, create a fireteam, go to the undying mind strike, clean the 1st part, reach the stairs with the yellow mobs, kill 2 praetorians + 1 add or 3/4 little adds, do not kill the big stationary ugly robot at the top of the stairs, kill yourselves and repeat.

Use the Light Beyond Nemesis helmet to create one more orb.

if you need help, we could go in you an me and coordinate.

If you go with randooms, they may by bad luck use their Supers at the same time and make you waste your Super.

If you want, I can go in with you in a 2 man party and co-ordinate on the mic about Orbs generating.

I have done it with my Warlock using Light Beyond Nemesis, Split Into 3, and Bloom

PSN: Jerky

Gammacide

Just trying to see what I should get done before TTK and the answer seems to be "nothing".
If you haven't already I would try to level whatever factions you can until right before they level up so that when TTK drops you can turn in a bounty or two and have a bunch of free TTK items in packages waiting for you at the postmaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom