• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spare Change's weird recoil pattern is largely mitigated by the increased stability of Braced Frame in the middle column.

It doesn't stop the spread from being up and to the left, but it does stabilize the gun enough that the grouping of shots is so tight that one being slightly left of the others doesn't often result in a missed critical shot. That opens up the third perk column for something other than Counterbalance.

I'm using Hidden Hand and like this build a lot so far:

Third Eye, Braced, Hidden.

It doesn't make up for my lost Hopscotch with the same rolls, but if you have a spare Spare Change, it's preeeetty darn close.

Spare has a slightly better AA, ads, and handling value than Messenger IIRC, so I didn't mind investing some motes into it.

Interesting. I have one with third eye, braced, and counterbalance. Counterbalance is probably overkill... But I'm not reforging anything at this point. I'll have to try it out.

so my Hunter went to pick up all Abandonned Quests, lol. Now he is overwhelmed by blips on the orbital map.

Nice to see Stranger's missions will give you a chance to get another Stranger's Rifle again.... i think

matmanx1

Hahaha it was one of those times where I felt "in the zone" so much so that I forgot to get ammo and never even noticed it. I love this game.

Epic video. Had you not run out of ammo it looked like you might have been able to get a 25+ streak going. I think you were around 20 when you finally ran out. That was a fun watch.

Trickster

Hey does anyone here use an a proper headset instead of that pos standard ps4 mic?

Wondering if I could just plug my headsets mic jack into the ps4 controller and have that work? And also if there's an adapter or something that would allow me to get both mic and audio through my headset via the ps4 controller?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looking for 3 Nightfalls in a row. Gonna start up now with a public party, feel free to join if you need one or two or three or wanna help or for fun. PSN Hawkian

ocean

Banned
I haven't touched a Scout Rifle since 2.0 went live, are they still bad?
They still don't own their range. Hand Cannons can't steal a Scout's lunch anymore but Pulse Rifles have enough range to make Scouts useless.

In the vast majority of encounters, your Measenger will have enough range to outgun a Scout.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I haven't touched a Scout Rifle since 2.0 went live, are they still bad?
I don't think they're bad at all. VoC in particular is stiil surprisingly spry in the Crucible and I've seen more MIDA use lately. I just don't like their optimal engagement distance personally
They still don't own their range. Hand Cannons can't steal a Scout's lunch anymore but Pulse Rifles have enough range to make Scouts useless.

In the vast majority of encounters, your Measenger will have enough range to outgun a Scout.
Outside ideal pulse range, scouts absolutely do own. I think what you mean to imply by "in the vast majority of encounters" is that most maps aren't going to have you engaging at this range very often, which is totally true.

I got to say I love this game

I suck at PVP
I have yet to do a Raid

and still I feel my money was well spent

time to take a break my thumb hurts

got my Hunter to level 16 hope to hit 20 later tonight

Titan 34
Hunter 16
Warlock 2 = going to use the level 25 boost on this

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I got to say I love this game

I suck at PVP
I have yet to do a Raid

and still I feel my money was well spent

time to take a break my thumb hurts

got my Hunter to level 16 hope to hit 20 later tonight

Titan 34
Hunter 16
Warlock 2 = going to use the level 25 boost on this
Join one of our weekly newbie raids when you feel ready, they're a bunch of fun!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
When is the next newbie raid?
Thursday the 17th, it'll be a Vault of Glass. I don't usually post signups until around tuesday but since tuesday is going to be raw chaos...

(CLICK HERE)

PS4 - Thursday, September 17th, 2015 - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid
  • 9:00PM ET - 8:00 PM CT - 6:00PM PT - 2:00 AM Friday BST
  • Minimum Level is 26 for Vault of Glass and 29 for Crota's End.
  • These are specifically geared for first-timers, and all encounters are fully explained for all roles, along with overall raid tips (and maybe even a tiny bit of lore). However, those who have run the raid before and even veterans are welcome if you feel like joining and can be patient with the truebies.
  • First come first serve. If you filled out the form completely and submitted it, your spot is reserved. The form shuts down automatically when the group is full.
  • If you wish to be an alternate, want to help but don't want to take a spot right away, or otherwise want to be kept in mind for the group just send me a PM on GAF or a PSN message.
5 spots remaining.

edit: or go with shem sooner if ya want! :)

what the hell is "wormspore"?

COuKONCWgAAPBpk.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/TheLegendBlue/status/642759348956057601

Mengetsu

Why was I on live from Playstation and someone was live streaming Trials? I thought it was gone for the next few weeks.

Edit:Nm it was a archived stream. Guess it's new in the FW Update.

Arrrammis

So is it still possible to leave Queens wrath since the bounties are gone? I'm about 300 rep short of lvl. 3 and those shaders missing from the kiosk bothers me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm game. Psn thaennon
Ahh, sorry, looks like drassil was still in for one more, my bad. I'll gladly help you with one after if you need it :)

edit: 3 minutes between posts, come on, that's not the DGAF way

edit: again oh- theannon, do you actually need the nightfall rewards? plz reply! drassil said he's step out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom