• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPCTRE

tonari_no_kabaru_by_fadingz-d98g7jk.png
I would watch that show

Dineren

Banned
Is the only reward for finishing the Moments of Triumph an emblem? It's bugging me that I didn't finish it, but I can't decide if it's worth trying to find a group for Skolas or not.

Frenden

Banned
Spare Change's weird recoil pattern is largely mitigated by the increased stability of Braced Frame in the middle column.

It doesn't stop the spread from being up and to the left, but it does stabilize the gun enough that the grouping of shots is so tight that one being slightly left of the others doesn't often result in a missed critical shot. That opens up the third perk column for something other than Counterbalance.

I'm using Hidden Hand and like this build a lot so far:

Third Eye, Braced, Hidden.

It doesn't make up for my lost Hopscotch with the same rolls, but if you have a spare Spare Change, it's preeeetty darn close.

Spare has a slightly better AA, ads, and handling value than Messenger IIRC, so I didn't mind investing some motes into it.

I thought they patched blink? I've been playing mayhem and it seems to me blink voidwalkers have a huge advantage over the other classes in that particular game mode.

Lmaooooooo I'm reading a pre-review at PD of the new exotic armor and I'm only two pieces in and I'm already giggling at how ridiculous some of these new pieces are.

Frenden

Banned
I thought they patched blink? I've been playing mayhem and it seems to me blink voidwalkers have a huge advantage over the other classes in that particular game mode.
I just went up an entire team of shotty blinkers with Thorn. It's totally viable still and scumbaggier than ever.

Juraash

My understanding of the blink changes is that they mainly impacted how fast you ready your weapon as you finish blink. Not sure it impacts supers at all. Despite playing Voidwalker, I don't use blink so I may not be up to speed on the changes.

Afrocious

Is the only reward for finishing the Moments of Triumph an emblem? It's bugging me that I didn't finish it, but I can't decide if it's worth trying to find a group for Skolas or not.

How many more triumphs do you need? Skolas isn't hard (easier than fucking Qodon IMO). I can help out later if you want. DrDrizzay probably could do, but I think he hates me for advertising him like a Big Mac.

X-Frame

Anyone else realize that they seemed to reduce the hit boxes of aim assist or melee attacks? Including Shoulder Charge.

Also, the blast radius of Nova Bomb and Fist of Havoc seem to be noticeably smaller as well.

There needs to be more patch notes because there is tons of other stealth updates that weren't in the 2.0 notes.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So come TTK can I still get the gear and weapons from VoG and Crota that I didn't get on past goes?

Spare Change's weird recoil pattern is largely mitigated by the increased stability of Braced Frame in the middle column.

It doesn't stop the spread from being up and to the left, but it does stabilize the gun enough that the grouping of shots is so tight that one being slightly left of the others doesn't often result in a missed critical shot. That opens up the third perk column for something other than Counterbalance.

I'm using Hidden Hand and like this build a lot so far:

Third Eye, Braced, Hidden.

It doesn't make up for my lost Hopscotch with the same rolls, but if you have a spare Spare Change, it's preeeetty darn close.

Spare has a slightly better AA, ads, and handling value than Messenger IIRC, so I didn't mind investing some motes into it.

I love spare change. hand laid stock or counterbalance pretty much negate the weird recoil pattern.

I've got two of them. One with battle runner, hand laid stock and hidden hand. The other with rodeo, braced frame and counter balance. They both are great.

Spare Change also has the best stock range.

Anyone else realize that they seemed to reduce the hit boxes of aim assist or melee attacks? Including Shoulder Charge.

Also, the blast radius of Nova Bomb and Fist of Havoc seem to be noticeably smaller as well.

There needs to be more patch notes because there is tons of other stealth updates that weren't in the 2.0 notes.

Yeah the melees, especially warlock, no longer seem to do all the aiming for you. It used to be that with a warlock you could look five feet left of a person and hitting melee would cause you to turn and smack him like nothing.

Frenden

Banned
I love spare change. hand laid stock or counterbalance pretty much negate the weird recoil pattern.

I've got two of them. One with battle runner, hand laid stock and hidden hand. The other with rodeo, braced frame and counter balance. They both are great.
Yeah. Handlaid or Braced for the middle are musts. I've been testing a couple of rolls too.

Hopscotch was a bit more of a laser, but Spare is holding its own. It's the best of what's left.

Frenden

Banned
Getting all your Crucible bounties done in a single match is so nice. I never had trouble finishing the others pre 2.0, but these new bounties are soooo quick and easy.

I'm curious to see what the Nightfall tier Crucible bounties/rewards they've talked about look like next week.

Dineren

Banned
How many more triumphs do you need? Skolas isn't hard (easier than fucking Qodon IMO). I can help out later if you want. DrDrizzay probably could do, but I think he hates me for advertising him like a Big Mac.

I need Skolas and hard mode Crota. I would probably end up doing Crota anyway since I would like to get the shader, but PoE always felt like a grind to me so I hadn't done 35 yet. If you don't mind doing it again that would be great.

X-Frame

Yeah the melees, especially warlock, no longer seem to do all the aiming for you. It used to be that with a warlock you could look five feet left of a person and hitting melee would cause you to turn and smack him like nothing.

As a Titan this makes me happy. Strangely and anecdotally the Titan melee feels better than before, even if Shoulder Charge has been adjusted with less auto-aim.

There seems to be some extra range with the Titan melee now, or I could just be imagining it because I am getting blasted less often by shotguns.

matmanx1

Spare Change also has the best stock range.

I have Counterbalance on mine with Outlaw. Middle column perks are High Caliber Rounds, Quickdraw and Casket Mag. I like it a lot, especially with the weird recoil pattern negated by Counterbalance.

That being said, for PVP I like my 55A-allFate even more. It's got Spray and Play, Hand Laid Stock (which almost maxes stability) and Army of One. It's basically a laser beam at medium range and it is much, much easier to land critical hits with than the Spare Change.

Klyka

Banned
Getting all your Crucible bounties done in a single match is so nice. I never had trouble finishing the others pre 2.0, but these new bounties are soooo quick and easy.

I'm curious to see what the Nightfall tier Crucible bounties/rewards they've talked about look like next week.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3hnl7l/the_taken_king_weekly_crucible_bounties/

https://imgur.com/a/f9luu

Win 2 Crucible matches with an individual score of at least 1500.
Win 7 matches.
Win one game in three different Crucible game modes.
Earn points in any featured playlist. Crucible wins are worth 3 points. Starting a new match costs 1 point.
Complete the Crucible Daily on 3 different days.
Complete all 5 of Shaxx's weekly bounties in one week.

These are what we have seen so far.

ocean

Banned
So I'm on Patrol (Cosmodrome) and Ghost starts saying there's a message he can't decode. Automatically, I have a Patrol bounty selected.

The objective is called "The First Enigma" and the description is just a bunch of question marks.

No clue how to advance the bounty

Da fuq

Frenden

Banned
So if you did an epic Hopscotch quest... how do you feel now after the monster Nerf?

125+ strikes. Two god rolls that took hundreds of motes and weapon parts. Two dead guns.

I think the Hopscotch archetype change is maybe the shittiest nerf they've ever pulled.

All they had to do was reduce the base stability to Spare Change levels and I wouldn't feel totally gyped out of those resources and time.

I'm not angry or anything, but I think it was a ham fisted solution. Messenger still exists. Spare still exists. Why nerf Hopscotch into a smoldering crater when you could just make it as good as the other two?

Bad call IMO.

EL CUCO

The best thing about not needing to use an exotic HC anymore, I can rock the nasty troll Truth. Sniping people with it on Crossroads is amazing

ocean

Banned
Ok so the first part cleared with a Public Event.

Then I had to collect Spinmetal

Then next step was killing Vandals and looting their bodies

End result for this mysterious strange Patrol mission I never even picked up?

Nothing. What is this :p

Trace

Banned

Patrols and the Vanguard playlist aren't dropping anything atm, they will next week.

Tovarisc

Those are bugged atm according Bungie and should actually reward you with... something. They start working on 15th.

wooo a red ghost?

I thought only that collector's ghost would ever get a red shell guess not

What it looks like?

CE shell;
maxresdefault.jpg

phen0m24

Micah sitting in my PS4 chair.

Setting up LEGO Marvel for him.

Come back in my room and he's playing Rift with Comms and Deaf.

AGAINST WICKED AND RUBENOV LOL

Klyka

Banned
So I'm on Patrol (Cosmodrome) and Ghost starts saying there's a message he can't decode. Automatically, I have a Patrol bounty selected.

The objective is called "The First Enigma" and the description is just a bunch of question marks.

No clue how to advance the bounty

Da fuq

Try some stuff, walk around a bit and keep an eye on the ????? they will slowly reveal themselves.

You will get rewards once TTK is out. Right now patrols give nothing.

Those are bugged atm according Bungie and should actually reward you with... something. They start working on 15th.

What it looks like?

CE shell;
maxresdefault.jpg

same but the white stripe is metallic gray

name is BOLD RED SHELL low level 90
I don't need it but I got it for collections sake :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom