• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what everyone else's opinion is but I absolutely love Mayhem Crucible. Rift is fun as well. Took a few games to get used to the mechanics. I tried to avoid all videos before playing these game types.

I like it! I actually thought it would be mayhemier though! Just constant supers! But there is some actual play and thought involved.

I forgot how satisfying lightning grenades were. Postmortem double kills all day.

I did the arms day stuff on my 3 characters. The sniper part stayed being a nightmare. I did manage the whole fusion rifle bounty in one game on Bannerfall though. FR still have their place but they're heavily reliant on exploiting high traffic corners.

Kyoufu

Is Radiant Light the nightfall buff? I'm pretty sure they got rid of the buff in TTK

I thought they were taking out radiant light, will it still be gained from the nightfall?

I must have missed this news.

It was stated in the BWU a few weeks ago that Nightfalls will no longer give a buff until they figure out what to do with a new buff that doesn't force you to do NF first every week.

The Radiant Light bonuses will carry over as base gains in TTK. <--- This should be stickied at this point :p

ocean

Banned
VIP patrol bounties are definitely more frequent now

But that Grimoire is still an unimaginable grind I won't submit to

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Hey I'm looking to do VoG and CE hard mode for moments of triumph. diggymow on PS4, I'll probably stick around for around 4 hours tonight and then try again tomorrow. Thanks to those that ran Skolas with me earlier. I really had a great time.

EDIT: Also, farming public events sucks.

Tovarisc

It was stated in the BWU a few weeks ago that Nightfalls will no longer give a buff until they figure out what to do with a new buff that doesn't force you to do NF first every week.

The Radiant Light bonuses will carry over as base gains in TTK. <--- This should be stickied at this point :p

Direct quote for lolz;

Another thing we didn't like about the Year 1 Nightfall was how players could feel forced to play Nightfall as early as possible in the week to maximize the benefit from the Nightfall buff. So, we've shelved that buff until we can reform it into something closer to its original intent - a mark of prestige for having achieved something challenging. We've adjusted sources of XP and Reputation up to account for its absence.
https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---08272015/en/News/News?aid=13430

sajj316

VOG and Crota are more 2-3 man challenges for me. With the 40 level max, I hope Bungie will do some improvement work on existing raids. Just increase the difficulty level to 34. Maybe improve the weapon rewards to year 2 stuff.

Kyoufu

VOG and Crota are more 2-3 man challenges for me. With the 40 level max, I hope Bungie will do some improvement work on existing raids. Just increase the difficulty level to 34.

If I'm going to spend any time doing old content that give me a handful of motes then I sure as hell don't want it to take longer than it should, so I think increasing the difficulty of it is a bad idea.

Any time spent on old content by Bungie is just wasted resources unless they make changes/enhancements to fit with current lore and events in the game's timeline.

New Tower also has Soccer ball in it:

b1C8kuC.jpg

Deku Tree

I can't and won't do it. :p

I don't go out of my way, but if I am doing bounties or just on patrol and I see one then I pick it up and do it. The VIP patrol missions are more frequent for me than any other type now. I see them all over. I'll do three in a row if they pop up in front of my face. But I don't go someplace that I wasn't going to go to just to grind them.

todd360

Just got home and grabbed the mail. There was a magazine size envelope and I entered a state of instant hype. Then I saw my dad's name on it. What a let down.

Shiv47

Hey I'm looking to do VoG and CE hard mode for moments of triumph. diggymow on PS4, I'll probably stick around for around 4 hours tonight and then try again tomorrow. Thanks to those that ran Skolas with me earlier. I really had a great time.

EDIT: Also, farming public events sucks.

I also need to do this, would be happy to join up with whoever to do it.

KxoZz

Cheers. But I feel like not doing the sidearm grimoire.... That things is annoyingly boring.

BTW, just finished PoE34 and I got a legendary Titan Mark with 170 defense.

Sidearm Grimoire looks worse than it is.
You can get about 1500-1700 an hour while waking the hive. Do 30 mins a day and you'll be done in no time.

Gammacide

Cheers. But I feel like not doing the sidearm grimoire.... That things is annoyingly boring.

BTW, just finished PoE34 and I got a legendary Titan Mark with 170 defense.
Just use a sidearm for all your missions when you grind to 40. I plan on doing that with each character. Might be annoying, but at least your mind will be off it.

Deku Tree

You can get about 1500-1700 an hour while waking the hive. Do 30 mins a day and you'll be done in no time.

I did all these weapons grimoires by doing the daily story mission frequently and sticking to the weapon type that I was grinding. Didn't take that long at all.

Tovarisc

Not anymore as you can't run that mission on hard anymore. Its intended, normal, level spawns next to no hive.

Raybunny

Just use a sidearm for all your missions when you grind to 40. I plan on doing that with each character. Might be annoying, but at least your mind will be off it.

Sound like a good plan.

I'll need a couple of beers before I start. The new voice will make me disgusted otherwise.

CREMSteve

So I've activated all the quest lines for the campaign, the quests for the character classes and haVe a full list of bounties to complete. There's no point in actually finishing any of them until the 15th though, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom