• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaaz

Total Mayhem on Memento:

Kd51VW.gif

https://youtu.be/RXhug8cam0E

Shaxx gets soooo excited.

So I've activated all the quest lines for the campaign, the quests for the character classes and haVe a full list of bounties to complete. There's no point in actually finishing any of them until the 15th though, right?

I'd complete the subclass quests, they're a bit of a time sink/grind. Just don't hand them in until the 15th so you get the XP/Rep

KxoZz

Not anymore as you can't run that mission on hard anymore. Its intended, normal, level spawns next to no hive.

Thats why I say 1500-1700 :)
Previously about 2400 an hour were possible on the heroic difficulties.
There's still ~25 Thrall that spawn per wakening and it takes just uder a minute to kill them all.

X-Frame

Defender Titan + Monte Carlo + No Backup Plans in PvP is so much fun now.

Less people seem to be using shotguns, more auto-rifle spraying means I can close in for the melee and activate Force Barrier very often. Very tanky!

Raybunny

Thats why I say 1500-1700 :)
Previously about 2400 an hour were possible on the heroic difficulties.
There's still ~25 Thrall that spawn per wakening and it takes just uder a minute to kill them all.

Started at 17h38. Will check you guys in 1 hour.

Hedge

I finally did my Sunsinger quest!
I had to solo Devils Lair, though, because matchmaking strikes would kill all the mobs before I got a chance to use radiance. :c

Phloxy

Welp, thanks to Lasagna I completed my first ever level 35 Skolas, only to not bring a treasure key. Got my emblem tho!

matmanx1

Postman came. Not sure what I was expecting with this to be honest. Turns out it's the exact same Destiny disc with a download token for the expansions that either a) I can't use until the 15th or b) someone has already used. I would have been safer pre-ordering digital but I saved a couple of pounds at least. There's also a free month trial of ps+ in there.

Another funny thing: I deleted Destiny off of my PS4 HDD last night so that I could go ahead and do the pre-download of the original game + the new patch since I am switching from a physical disc to a full digital install. I figured that since Destiny was taking up about 37GB on the HDD that the original game was about 18GB and the new patch was about 18GB so I figured I had a long night of downloading in front of me.

Once I got the downloads que'ed up I noticed something. The Destiny game file on PSN is about 189MB and it only has 1 patch listed which is the 18.7GB update that we just got on Tuesday. That 18.7GB unpacks to the whole 37GB install file on the HDD. That is the entire game.

So yeah, that physical disc isn't doing anything at all at this point except making sure that you have permission to play the game by virtue of it being in the drive. We've all gone completely digital whether we realized it or not! Oh well, at least I got my disc drive back. =)

KxoZz

Just came to the realisation that my 2 month vacation will be over in 2 days. Damn. So much Destiny was played. Probably more than will be during the rest of the year.

HigXx

Just had some weird mission pop up after I tried one of the new Patrol missions!

First I had to dance, second I had to blow heads off and 3rd I had to collect spirit blooms. Was pretty fun trying to figure out what I had to do for each part!

Welp, thanks to Lasagna I completed my first ever level 35 Skolas, only to not bring a treasure key. Got my emblem tho!

Glad you guys were able to get it done, sorry I had to bail on you guys to take my dog to the vet. That death with like 3% life left on Skolas really stung.

sajj316

If I'm going to spend any time doing old content that give me a handful of motes then I sure as hell don't want it to take longer than it should, so I think increasing the difficulty of it is a bad idea.

Any time spent on old content by Bungie is just wasted resources unless they make changes/enhancements to fit with current lore and events in the game's timeline.

Missed my last edit. Provided they provide year 2 content as rewards. Upgrade the raids to year 2. If not, keep it as is for people like me that want specific challenges.

Deku Tree

Missed my last edit. Provided they provide year 2 content as rewards. Upgrade the raids to year 2. If not, keep it as is for people like me that want specific challenges.

Not gonna happen. Bungie has already made that clear. Old raids are staying in the past. Play them for fun.

FyreWulff

They aren't going to. They're officially removing Vault of Glass and Crota's End from the "required" content to keep progressing in the end game - this happens in any other MMO, and they want Destiny to be "compatible with real life", so they aren't going to have 3 raids on your "checklist" per week.

The same thing will eventually happen to King's Fall too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom