• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kade

Is it possible to enter the Hard Mode Raids as someone who hasn't even completed the normal difficulty if the Fireteam Leader has it selected in the Director?

I want to get the Year One emblem but don't know anyone who is raiding and want to get it done before Tuesday, as well as PoE. I work until 6 tonight but I have all of Sunday and Monday to play. PSN: dygbert

Do we know how much extra rep you get from the exotic faction class items? Assuming 10%, which means 32 rep per heavy donation plus an extra 3.2 which will poetically round to 35 rep, which is 76 heavies to fully level.

So I'll have 4 rank ups from heavy donation plus the commendations for 1200 marks and 1000 hadronic essence. Tuesday morning will be fun. I can smell that space ferrari already.

Defyler

Omnigul is the last of Crota's generals. She is the architect of her master's wakening. As long as she lives, the threat of Crota's return will haunt this world.

So many times... It's burned into my mind

You can run the nightfalls in place of the heroic strike. Still counts and much faster with the solar burn and ghorn.

Got 30 done between all three characters for dead orbit's faction quest.

I like Mayhem when I just want to sit back and relax. No stress, just slinging Nova Bombs all day.
I'm usually voidwalker all day, but in Mayhem I've been having fun with Sunsinger + Radiant Skin + Solar Grenades + Touch of Flame + Viking Funeral and topping it all of with Sunbreakers. I actually got my first Scorch the Earth medal thanks to Mayhem.

Total Mayhem on Memento:

Kd51VW.gif

https://youtu.be/RXhug8cam0E

Shaxx gets soooo excited.

1st rule of mayhem: split up

KxoZz

You can run the nightfalls in place of the heroic strike. Still counts and much faster with the solar burn and ghorn.

Got 30 done between all three characters for dead orbit's faction quest.

Problem with that is that it doesn't have matchmaking. If I had a team then I would do that and not think twice about it since it's much faster, but soloing it is too risky because if I die then I just wasted a whole bunch of time.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So vault of glass says it's a level 26 raid. for what light level should I go in there at, I don't even have a full set of 20 gear, did they redo vault of glass so it's easier? There is no way just being 26 is going to let you live

Start Vault of Glass. Find an enemy outside the Vault and let it kill you. It should show up the top right what Light level the enemy was. I did my first run at 26 last year and didn't really suffer that much.

shanafan

You mean and excluding the Taken King? No, it's everything. Good value.

If you don't own any of the expansions, this is the best way to get TTK.

I own Destiny and its current expansions for Xbox One and PS4. I currently have the GameStop Collector's Edition preordered for Xbox One, but I want some of the extras for the PS4 as well. I know the CE comes with new emotes, but I care more about the weapons and armor.

AFAIK, the only way to get those extras is either get the CE from GameStop, or the CE digital download. Do the other releases contain any extras?

it makes no sense to nerf the pilgrim and not spare change.25

i love this game, but they make some very weird tuning choices.
Been thinking about it, might have been an attempt to stop hype from building around the slow pulse rifles. Hopscotch was incredibly rare and the best of the archetype, which draws some comparisons to Felwinter's after its first Iron Banner. A rare weapon that can no longer be obtained that definitely gives all owners of it some unfair advantages, so much so that the moment weapons of a similar quality are released everyone flocks to them and creates another horrible quick-kill meta.

It could also be that they simply forgot to update the others into the medium impact archetype in this patch and that happens in 2.0.1. I doubt it, though, as some of the new TTK pulse rifles are in the slow archetype, but that may just be early datamining showing old plans.

So my thoughts for 2.0 at this point:

-The Last Word and Hawkmoon need an accuracy buff
-Felwinter's shotgun archetype needs to be removed
-Pulse Rifles need a damage and/or stagger reduction
-Fusion Rifles need slight damage buff

I think the game will be "balanced" with these changes. Thorn is good, but Hawkmoon and The Last Word are inconsistent. Felwinter's archetype is still broken in PvP and is useless in PvE, so it shouldn't exist. Pulse Rifles that can 2 shot kill also stagger the opponent ridiculously, making them annoying to fight against with any other weapon. And Fusion Rifles need to retake their niche from the long ranged Shotguns.

neoism

feels bad man...

shame they didnt make enough new crucible quests ive been saving them i have 13 completed i go to the tower and all 5 i already have...
:(
they should have made over 35 new ones ....

ViciousDS

Banned
Start Vault of Glass. Find an enemy outside the Vault and let it kill you. It should show up the top right what Light level the enemy was. I did my first run at 26 last year and didn't really suffer that much.

Nice thinking....130 for VoG normal....I should start making a list of updated Req levels for this lol

Why is skyshock a thing .. Why does it even exist .. No one plays the objectives ..in the 4 or 5 times I've played that map it has went to time limit every single time I think.

Oh and I hate randoms with all my being ... I would rather drag my balls through broken glass than have to deal with these fools

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I own Destiny and its current expansions for Xbox One and PS4. I currently have the GameStop Collector's Edition preordered for Xbox One, but I want some of the extras for the PS4 as well. I know the CE comes with new emotes, but I care more about the weapons and armor.

AFAIK, the only way to get those extras is either get the CE from GameStop, or the CE digital download. Do the other releases contain any extras?
You shouldn't really... they'll all be nigh-useless in comparison to gear you get from play.

Althought I think any preorder of any kind, CE or not, gets you at least the Suros Pack.

I think the game will be "balanced" with these changes. Thorn is good, but Hawkmoon and The Last Word are inconsistent. Felwinter's archetype is still broken in PvP and is useless in PvE, so it shouldn't exist. Pulse Rifles that can 2 shot kill also stagger the opponent ridiculously, making them annoying to fight against with any other weapon. And Fusion Rifles need to retake their niche from the long ranged Shotguns.
Endorsed! The pulse rifle tweak would give some of the most aggressive scouts a competitive angle at that range.

Yeah The Last Word is so incredibly useless now. I can still get hip fire kills which is all fine.. But when it's close range and I'm aiming down sights and hitting nothing at all.. That makes no sense whatsoever

NeOak

Yeah The Last Word is so incredibly useless now. I can still get hip fire kills which is all fine.. But when it's close range and I'm aiming down sights and hitting nothing at all.. That makes no sense whatsoever
I threw my TLW and Thorn into my vault and just use Red Death atm.

can i still get the suros pre-order stuff? do i just buy it straight from the console and i automatically will get it? i'm on xb1.
Yes

Klyka

Banned
Why is skyshock a thing .. Why does it even exist .. No one plays the objectives ..in the 4 or 5 times I've played that map it has went to time limit every single time I think.

Oh and I hate randoms with all my being ... I would rather drag my balls through broken glass than have to deal with these fools

What would you say if I told you that to the randoms, YOU are the random?

shanafan

You shouldn't really... they'll all be nigh-useless in comparison to gear you get from play.

Althought I think any preorder of any kind, CE or not, gets you at least the Suros Pack.

Endorsed! The pulse rifle tweak would give some of the most aggressive scouts a competitive angle at that range.

Right. Those Vanguard weapons from the original preorder of Destiny were nothing hot after a short time.

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I am going to preorder the digital version of TTK for PS4 at $40 to get the extras, and keep GameStop CE for Xbox One for the physical stuff. Too bad the codes in the Xbox One are not usable with the PS4 ;)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Shotgun users have found a new way to be scummy, terrible.
Hmm, I've... seen a lot of scummy play in my time, but I really don't think that qualifies. The dude on the ground had like six months to kill him at a predictable speed and angle. He got a few hits in and was punished for not closing the deal. The range the trigger was pulled at is an approprite one for a shotgun to kill from. If you just mean slide-shotgunning in general that's nothing "new" :p

Klyka

Banned
feels bad man...

shame they didnt make enough new crucible quests ive been saving them i have 13 completed i go to the tower and all 5 i already have...
they should have made over 35 new ones ....

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3hnl7l/the_taken_king_weekly_crucible_bounties/

https://imgur.com/a/f9luu

Win 2 Crucible matches with an individual score of at least 1500.
Win 7 matches.
Win one game in three different Crucible game modes.
Earn points in any featured playlist. Crucible wins are worth 3 points. Starting a new match costs 1 point.
Complete the Crucible Daily on 3 different days.
Complete all 5 of Shaxx's weekly bounties in one week.

These are what we have seen so far.

Felwinter's archetype is still broken in PvP and is useless in PvE, so it shouldn't exist.

Agreed. The 5-8 RoF, 67 Impact and 11 RoF, 64 Impact shotguns need to be changed into at least 14 RoF, 61 Impact shotguns. Judgement VI with a bit of a range nerf (say, base 8?) would be a good thing to aim for with this archetype.

Unfortunately I can see a few in the database that are still like this. Oddly enough, one of them is the Vanguard shotgun, so at least it won't show up much with PvP-only players.

Trials spoilers that may be subject to change:
Of course the new ToO Shotgun is a Matador clone with more range at this point in time. Of course it is. I'm sure that won't cause ANY problems down the line.

Yea I hope they don't leave them the way they are. I've never been a fan of Pulse Rifles but I don't mind them being powerful so long as they don't overstep their niche. Hand Cannon against Pulse Rifles is very skewed towards Pulse Rifles because of their accuracy, and then they stagger snipers on top of it. Competitives are saying there's no reason to use a Legendary HC over a Pulse Rifle, and that to me is a big problem.

Don't like the thought of Pulse + Felwinter's becoming the new meta.

ADS is decent if they're right in front of your face, but with long ranged shotguns that range is just too risky to even put yourself in.

Agreed. The 5-8 RoF, 67 Impact and 11 RoF, 64 Impact shotguns need to be changed into at least 14 RoF, 61 Impact shotguns. Judgement VI with a bit of a range nerf (say, base 8?) would be a good thing to aim for with this archetype.

Unfortunately I can see a few in the database that are still like this. Oddly enough, one of them is the Vanguard shotgun, so at least it won't show up much with PvP-only players.

Trials spoilers that may be subject to change:
Of course the new ToO Shotgun is a Matador clone with more range at this point in time. Of course it is. I'm sure that won't cause ANY problems down the line.

Well PvP people don't mind playing PvE stuff to get weapons (like Thorn), but with Legendary Marks, it'll be easier than before for them to pick it up.

Judgement isn't OP like the others so I wouldn't mind that. I'd rather Shotguns prioritize 2 shot kills or 1 shot + melee though. The whole blink or slide + 1 shot = equal kill needs to go unless you're right up in their face. Otherwise, there wont be any room for fusion rifles and the game will still play the same as ti did before.

Since Bungie.net redid their site, I can't find a place to look at all the possible medals I've ever earned, and ones I haven't.

Anyone know what section it's under?

Edit: Nevermind, just found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom