• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

forrest

formerly nacire
I've been watching all of The Taken King coverage as the game release closes in and contemplating whether or not to pick it up. I've invested so many hours and had so much fun with Destiny before taking a break some time after HoW, but I'm just not sure that break is over yet. I've downloaded the update and messed about the tower and it looks like they've added some good changes to continue addressing some of the issues with the game. Some of the pve stuff looks pretty great and I would love to check out the new raid, but I think I'm going to pass on year 2 as it stands right now.

I have no doubts I would enjoy it and I'll miss playing with a lot of the great community here at NeoGAF. Who knows, maybe I'll pick it up at some point down the line just to check things out. For now, I just don't feel the need to be at the front line, signing in every Tuesday to grind out whatever checklist and caps are in place for progression or loot grind.

I'm looking forward to everyone's thoughts and impressions on the new content in the coming weeks. Anyhow, if I succumb to the itch and pick it up, please disregard this post. :p

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Hey Gunslingers,

Has anyone ever bothered to break down Golden Gun accuracy? That is, what is the gap between ADS and hip fire? Is it in line with most guns?

Frenden

Banned
Haven't seen TLW in one single game since patch.

Timepiece and Red Death for me.
Red Death and Spare Change for me. I have a Payment with a great roll too.

I'm partial to the slower RoF, higher impact PRs, so Timepiece and Juju haven't gotten a ton of use here yet.

The low impact PRs have a good TTK, but you have to be super accurate with them, no?

X-Frame

So ... which Elder Cipher weapon should I choose now?

Is Lord of Wolves still worth it for PvE? Is the Bow good for PvP? And I'm sure the Greg still sucks ..

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I would just like to give a shoutout to Kennii. I know you're out there somewhere, and I appreciate you and your crew going out of your way to help me finish my year one objectives. It's neat to have people willing to bring you up to speed after a prolonged absence.

Juraash

Haven't seen TLW in one single game since patch.

Timepiece and Red Death for me.

I still really like it, but I'm also not particularly great. I also really have only ever used it as a hip fire weapon, so it doesn't seem all that different to me.

Frenden

Banned
They aren't going to fix TLW any time soon. Unless their balance patches come a looooot quicker than they have historically, this meta is probably here for a while.

RIP PvE-shotguns and TLW.

They aren't going to fix TLW any time soon. Unless their balance patches come a looooot quicker than they have historically, this meta is probably here for a while.

Earliest we'll see another sandbox balance update is November, and not a day before the first TTK Iron Banner.

Haha oh man. Battle Runner plus max agility is great fun. I'm literally walking while reloading at a faster speed than my default walk after an engagement. See ya!

todd360

Destiny 2 next September bottom of the page hype!

Meta.... has changed.

jaaz

Been using Hard Light and Bad Juju in Crucible with success. Trying Red Death and Timepiece next. I don't think I've fired my Timepiece once.

But damn, Hard Light is a satisfying gun to use in Crucible.

ocean

Banned
Earliest we'll see another sandbox balance update is November, and not a day before the first TTK Iron Banner.
I expect a December patch.

If we're lucky it'll cut Pulse range so Scouts make sense, slightly buff PvE shotguns, delete high impact shotgun archetype, give HCs a slight accuracy buff while keeping the range nerf, and we're gold.

Kalamari

I might be a little picky, but I am not completely sold on the FPS+. Triggers are well designed, but seem to be pressure sensitive so assertive trigger pulls are necessary. The bumpers are teeter-tottery are in an odd position and give a wishy-washy feel when pressed. Joysticks are solid but are a bit stiff when pressing R3 and L3. Overall fit is good, probably more comfortable than the DS4 for people with large hands. Lack of a mic jack isn't a big deal since a usb sound card gives much better quality sound anyway.

I haven't given up on it yet, I will continue to use and see if I can become better accustomed with its idiosyncrasies.

If someone designed a Xbox 360 controller with buttons in place of triggers I would buy one for each day of the week because it would be the most perfect controller ever conceived.

NeoRausch

Somebody explain to me what motes of lights do now.

I now that you can use them to upgrade something, but the menu doesn't bother what "USE" means in that case.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Zoba, can you make me a gif that has tom hardy as bane while he's in the plane and instead of saying "the fire rises" can you make it a caption that says the "the hype rises" please pretty pleassseee

Somebody explain to me what motes of lights do now.

I now that you can use them to upgrade something, but the menu doesn't bother what "USE" means in that case.
They upgrade any gear you're wearing by dismantling them

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hm apparently all I need is Skolas to finish the year one triumph thingy. How hard is it w/o any experience? Or is it stupid easy like CE was a week after it was released.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Anyone up for some POE 34 (need one more Etheric Light) or Crota hard (never got a Crux)?
If we do Crota, I'd like to go for the three new dead ghosts added to the event.

PS(4)N: Mejilan

Ok, so i have max armor and Atheons can melt me as fast as a heavy machine gun from relatively far away. Wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom