• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

I never had one of the monster shotguns. But I did have one with a pretty good roll -- a Dead Orbit Hide & Seek with Field Choke, Hammer-Forged, and Shot Package.

It feels like I am still one-shotting a lot of people in the Crucible from a pretty good distance. I probably wouldn't have even noticed this nerf if I didn't know it existed.

Seems like a shame they killed shotguns in PVE and kept them really quite viable in PVP.

Kalamari

Does the Suros stuff from the TTK pre-order come through the post office? Do I need to make space if it's full of PE packages?

Just saw TTK T-shirts worn by Anthony Joshua's ring side crew. Bizarre, didn't expect it to be promoted there.

edit - lol won the fight in 1 round. Activision probably want a refund.

Kade

Is it possible to enter the Hard Mode Raids as someone who hasn't even completed the normal difficulty if the Fireteam Leader has it selected in the Director?

I want to get the Year One emblem but don't know anyone who is raiding and want to get it done before Tuesday, as well as PoE. I work until 6 tonight but I have all of Sunday and Monday to play. PSN: dygbert

Anyone know the answer to this?

Zoba, can you make me a gif that has tom hardy as bane while he's in the plane and instead of saying "the fire rises" can you make it a caption that says the "the hype rises" please pretty pleassseee

They upgrade any gear you're wearing by dismantling them

link to the clip?

I know it's been said a thousand times, but man when that piano piece kicks in during orbit...

So good.gif

it really is

Shito

I know it's been said a thousand times, but man when that piano piece kicks in during orbit...

So good.gif
It's the thing that awed me the most from that pre-Y2 patch at the moment.
Such an awesome change of mood it gives to the game for just a few minutes...

A lot of them have good spots to snipe but I feel like I'm not making the most of the maps sniping.

That's Destiny in a nutshell. Sector 618 in particular is a predominantly Shotgun oriented map, but the map plays so much more interesting to me when I'm sniping. With shotguns, it plays like a maze where there's no penalty for rushing corners blindly.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone know the answer to this?

A guy invited me last week to Crota's End from LFG and I only searched for Normal so once it completed I got all the Hard stuff so I was pretty excited lol. Shame though because I've yet to experience Crota from start to end.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's Destiny in a nutshell. Sector 618 in particular is a predominantly Shotgun oriented map, but the map plays so much more interesting to me when I'm sniping. With shotguns, it plays like a maze where there's no penalty for rushing corners blindly.[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel about a lot of these new maps.

Same thing with Anomaly. I snipe but I always have to switch to shotgun on that map because of reasons.

I got to say, when Colonel posted about Praedyth's Timepiece being a good PvP weapon I was super skeptical. Timepiece of crap I thought. Yesterday one of my clan mates, blazeuk, was piling up some kills with it. Still I was skeptical because he tends to steal my kills. Today I thought alright I'll give it a shot. And it's awesome!

You forgot I killed you and Blaze with the timepiece? It's that good :p

ich00

I might be a little picky, but I am not completely sold on the FPS+. Triggers are well designed, but seem to be pressure sensitive so assertive trigger pulls are necessary. The bumpers are teeter-tottery are in an odd position and give a wishy-washy feel when pressed. Joysticks are solid but are a bit stiff when pressing R3 and L3. Overall fit is good, probably more comfortable than the DS4 for people with large hands. Lack of a mic jack isn't a big deal since a usb sound card gives much better quality sound anyway.

I haven't given up on it yet, I will continue to use and see if I can become better accustomed with its idiosyncrasies.

If someone designed a Xbox 360 controller with buttons in place of triggers I would buy one for each day of the week because it would be the most perfect controller ever conceived.

I'm with you, I'm not 100% sold yet. I'm not sure if it's a bad controller or I'm just not used to it, but my R2 doesn't seem to work well unless I'm really pressing down on it. Overall I like it, just not sure if I'll be keeping it.

Does anyone know how the Exotic Weapon Blueprint kiosk will work (i.e. the Discovery Required part)? For example, I know I found and sharded Dragon's Breath on my hunter, but it says "Discovery Required" to reforge the gun.

BokehKing

Banned
Is holding down L2 in the character menu screen to show weapon damage types new? Please say so because otherwise I was oblivious to it all year

Now that I think of it, I wish there was a little more going on in the background of the character screen, either a different color or some misty smoke

You forgot I killed you and Blaze with the timepiece? It's that good :p

I forgot that, because I Icebreaker'd the whole team :p
Blaze gets killed by everything so I didn't pay attention what killed him. But yeah, it's pretty good indeed. Still haven't found a weapon that would be my #1 choice for Trials. Guess I'll have to wait for some lucky TTK drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom