• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is holding down L2 in the character menu screen to show weapon damage types new? Please say so because otherwise I was oblivious to it all year

Now that I think of it, I wish there was a little more going on in the background of the character screen, either a different color or some misty smoke

Yeah, that's new

Are Crucible/Vanguard packages from leveling them up pre-rolled, or should I save them for Tuesday?

Pre-rolled

Kyoufu

Does anyone know how the Exotic Weapon Blueprint kiosk will work (i.e. the Discovery Required part)? For example, I know I found and sharded Dragon's Breath on my hunter, but it says "Discovery Required" to reforge the gun.

You need to own the item in your inventory for the kiosk to remember it.

ocean

Banned
I'm not Zoba but is this what you want?

nJ4quiZ.gif
This needs to be used on a very popular gaming side thread and become an ElToro level legend.

That's how I feel about a lot of these new maps.

Same thing with Anomaly. I snipe but I always have to switch to shotgun on that map because of reasons.

-Bannerfall is primarily a sniper map. Skirmish is insane because of how many sniper duels happen across the middle.
-Dungeons is a good balance of both, but the sniper comes out on top
-Crossroads depends on where you are.
-Drifter is almost like Anomaly. You can watch long sightlines with a sniper, but can be flanked with a Shotgun
-Frontier's sightlines are weird, but it can still be sniped
-Memento is basically two sniper lanes and then shotgun stairs
-Vertigo is definitely a shotgun map
-Sector is shotgun haven

I snipe on every map no exceptions.

I dont own a shotgun

Yea that's basically the root of my Bladedancer post from earlier.

Sniping is more interesting to watch than Shotgunning. Slide + Shotgun kills can feel cool, but when you pull off a series of CQB snipes, it's standing ovation material. I like that challenge and I think it forces the player to play smarter.

Put it this way - if two teams of equal skill are going against each other with one team running 3 shotguns and the other team running 3 snipers, the snipers will win the majority of the time regardless of the map.

I figured about marks. I was just wondering because I started a new character and wanted to get my light level higher. Won't matter by Tuesday anyways though.

Leveling must have changed.

I deleted my hunter and started a new one mainly for the Hoodless neckscarf starting class item but I felt like replaying the story with NolAndroid before TTK. I'v just unlocked the Venus and still have the strike on the moon to do (phogoth) and I'm level 17 Which seems way too high honestly. The missions are level 9.

I did play a few games of Mayhem but only about 7-9

GutZ31

But what is the point then? Why would you want a gun you already have in your inventory?

It is for new players, not us that have had pretty much every gun ever.

It is to make it easier to get back stuff you deemed worthless after bungie makes some drastic update to it and makes it relevant again.
Also makes it so you can get more than one per account by only finding one.

I deleted my hunter and started a new one mainly for the Hoodless neckscarf starting class item but I felt like replaying the story with NolAndroid before TTK. I'v just unlocked the Venus and still have the strike on the moon to do (phogoth) and I'm level 17 Which seems way too high honestly. The missions are level 9.

It did for this week for some reason. All of the Hard difficulties are gone.

DjRalford

I rolled a warlock to start fresh, he's currently 21 and i'm only on the second moon mission, mainly because i got into rift the other day for a good few hours.

I noticed too hard modes were not available, and they had a recommended light level of 240?

noomi

That's actually really great to hear, leveling from scratch was always a huge pain in the butt.

Any idea how many hours you've played? Getting 1-20 used to take about 5-6 hours.

I am getting the physical CE so I won't be able to play until 10am EST since the store opens at 9:30am EST

Everyone will be level 40 and have all exotics by then. I'll be too late.

Dat Strange Coin replica being placed next to my Ghost will be worth it

That's actually really great to hear, leveling from scratch was always a huge pain in the butt.

Any idea how many hours you've played? Getting 1-20 used to take about 5-6 hours.

About 3 currently. I could get to 20 in the next hour if I really wanted but I'm taking it easy.

SpecX

I am getting the physical CE so I won't be able to play until 10am EST since the store opens at 9:30am EST

Lol, I was having this same panic. I then decided I couldn't let that happen and bought the digital copy from PSN so i can play right at the release. Bungie and Destiny have me hooked ;_;

Afrocious

Running around FF14 atm, but if anyone needs some help with PvE stuff/Triumph stuff, I'm down. PSN: Afrodeeziyak

I would like to get some folks to do PoE 34 so I can get the etheric light, but that's not a huge priority for me.

Frenden

Banned
I wasn't going to edge my factions, but I ended up edging all on all characters except for FWC on my Titan.

I should have 3x

Vanguard
Crucible
Dead Orbit
FWC (Only x2, boo)
New Monarchy

And a few saved Cryptatch packages.

That's ~14 guaranteed legendaries. I'll have to juggle pledges which is a bit of a pain, but oh well.

Pledge a faction this week that is close to rollover. Get rep next week, roll it over. Pledge a new faction--you can only do this one time per week. Get that rep.

So, if you pledge now you get two packages next week, but only one if you wait until Tuesday. So get in those pledges!

Juraash

Any planned crucible trains today? I'd like to hit rank 3 or at least edge it to 3. GAF train + bounties would wrap that up pretty fast I imagine.

Kyoufu

I wasn't going to edge my factions, but I ended up edging all on all characters except for FWC on my Titan.

I should have 3x

Vanguard
Crucible
Dead Orbit
FWC (Only x2, boo)
New Monarchy

That's ~14 guaranteed legendaries. I'll have to juggle pledges which is a bit of a pain, but oh well.

Pledge a faction this week that is close to rollover. Get rep next week, roll it over. Pledge a new faction--you can only do this one time per week. Get that rep.

So, if you pledge now you get two packages next week, but only one if you wait until Tuesday. So get in those pledges!

I calculated how much rep I'd be able to get with Heavy Ammo synths on Tuesday and it comes to around 106k rep which is basically 42 rank ups.

That's 42 guaranteed legendaries.

Getting the CE as well but they are doing a midnight release. I will get home. Install. Sleep. Wake up at 4am and go!

Anastasis

I should have 3x

Vanguard
Crucible
Dead Orbit
FWC (Only x2, boo)
New Monarchy

That's interesting. I didn't think about that. So you're saying a pledge lasts a week, not necessarily just to the reset? I has assumed it only lasted to the reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom