• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Poshy is u believably quick at making twitchy, precise movements to aim and blink around.

And this on an unfamiliar PS4 controller. Sometimes I watch these guys and just feel I don't know how to play at all :p

WTFisPoshy btw is the Twitch, he's warming up for the tournament. That team of his is so damn stacked. When General Matsumoto is a freaking sub on your team you know the roster is insane.

ocean

Banned
If there's a third person, I can play unless there's a group needing one more person - then I'd recommend you join them.
"If you don't manage to be someone's third, I'll be yours"

Would sound like such a ridiculous and nonsense concept to a non Destiny player.

Juraash

That's interesting. I didn't think about that. So you're saying a pledge lasts a week, not necessarily just to the reset? I has assumed it only lasted to the reset.

It lasts until you change it as far as I know. You can only flip it once a week, which presumably resets...when everything else does on Tuesday.

The Strat is pretty genius and as someone who has all 3 factions edged, this will cut down on how long it takes me to get to my desired one.

DjRalford

It lasts until you change it as far as I know. You can only flip it once a week, which presumably resets...when everything else does on Tuesday.

The Strat is pretty genius and as someone who has all 3 factions edged, this will cut down on how long it takes me to get to my desired one.

Yeah i pledged on thursday when i realised, means i can get 3 packages Tuesday, Vanguard, Crucible and Dead Orbit, then change on Thursday for another.

I have 1 cryptarch package in the office with enough engrams to level him up twice more fresh after release, just in case they make old packages drop year 1 stuff, ~tinfoilhat

Frenden

Banned
That's interesting. I didn't think about that. So you're saying a pledge lasts a week, not necessarily just to the reset? I has assumed it only lasted to the reset.

My understanding is it lasts forever and can only be changed once a week. Is that not how it works?

DjRalford

Has anything been said about when the 3rd subclass will be available, do we know how many missions we need to go through before it unlocks? or is it immediate.

Eyeron

I'm very interested in tagging along on a Skolas run. Never done it. 34 Warlock. Please keep me in mind for upcoming guided tours. =D

PSN Eyeron80

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Great job on the POE 34 guys.
Sadly, my plan to ascend my Murmur has failed, since it now apparently requires 25 legendary marks. Boo.

If anyone's up for some Crota hard tonight, I'm a fairly experienced sword bearer, and even managed to clear CE without dying a few months ago for that damn plat. Please consider me.

PSN: Mejilan

GutZ31

I don't know if it was posted yet, but I remember people saying TTK would go live at 12:00AM on the 15th everywhere.
I think that data was for PST only, and an error on Sony's part.

This is the current release schedule for TTK.

Time Zone Day Time
British Summer Time BST Sept 15 10:00 AM
Eastern Daylight Time, US EDT Sept 15 05:00 AM
Central Daylight Time, US CDT Sept 15 04:00 AM
Pacific Daylight Time, US PDT Sept 15 02:00 AM
Australian Eastern Standard Time AEST Sept 15 19:00 PM
Australian Western Standard Time AWST Sept 15 17:00 PM
Japan Standard Time JST Sept 17 11:00 AM – 13:00 PM​

If it is changed, I think bungie will update us about it.

ocean

Banned
The hoops to match two teams in this game for a private match, 1 year after launch, from the creators of Halo, is literally unbelievable

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I don't know if it was posted yet, but I remember people saying TTK would go live at 12:00AM on the 15th everywhere.

Time Zone Day Time

days late gutz days lol. However, this is great for those not familiar with how to convert from pst

Anastasis

Time Zone Day Time

Bungie's countdown confirms your times as well. Thanks!

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
The hoops to match two teams in this game for a private match, 1 year after launch, from the creators of Halo, is literally unbelievable

wait. how can you do this at all?

free for all and...? no seriously how do you do this

I just heard Nolan droid say 'We've woken the hive'

SMH

I'm 100% certain now that when Dinklage recorded his lines, he actually played the game and understood the context and situation, and thus his delivery matched the scenarios.

Nolan was just given the script to record at home or something. He has zero emotion, he's just reading lines from a piece of paper :(

NeOak

SMH

I'm 100% certain now that when Dinklage recorded his lines, he actually played the game and understood the context and situation, and this his delivery matched the scenarios.

Nolan was just given the script to record at a home or something. He has zero emotion, he's just reading lines from a piece of paer :(

This is why people that hated Dinklage were full of shit.

But the script is made of pure shit though.

ocean

Banned
wait. how can you do this at all?

free for all and...? no seriously how do you do this
Two teams make...oh god it's so wrong.

Two people who are geographically close to each other host their respective fire teams. Coordinating over party chat, they press Launch to the playlist at the same time (1, 2, 3 searching...) and pray that it doesn't take long to be put together. Maybe it takes a minute, sometimes it's an hour.

And if you beat the opponent team by 2x their score, matchmaking breaks you off and you gotta do that all over again to keep playing.

Edit: Posh and his team finally matched, the game is on now

SMH

I'm 100% certain now that when Dinklage recorded his lines, he actually played the game and understood the context and situation, and thus his delivery matched the scenarios.

Nolan was just given the script to record at home or something. He has zero emotion, he's just reading lines from a piece of paper :(

Dinklage understood the original game, but he wasn't directed properly.

Nolan didn't hear any of Dinklage's original lines. He was just given the script to interpret his own way.

The majority of the lines I've heard from Nolan have been completely out of touch with the scene they take place in. Yes, the script is bad, but that doesn't excuse bad tone and inflection.

rNilla

Dinklage was bad and inconsistent though aside from a handful of lines.

I'd be surprised if he played any of the game versus being in a sound booth given direction by someone at Bungie. Maybe with some concept art or alpha footage (actual Alpha, not "marketed as Alpha" but actually a Beta).

3096785117_1_13_NJmMXjgP.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom