• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man... Dem feels when that piano hits in Orbit. So awesome.

Asymmetrical sticks, eww.

I have had this controller for 3 weeks now and I love it. The 360 pad was my favorite ever and this is the closest I will get on my ps4. It just feels more natural for FPS games to me.

NeOak

That's the controller but I'm not sure if the price is good. Forgot what it was going for on other websites.

Would love to pick it up but the lack of wireless and mic jack is preventing me from doing so. Would have zero chat function due to it missing that port due to my headsets.

I use a cheap USB sound thing with the PS4 for chat.

Asymmetrical sticks, eww.
Symmetrical sticks, eww.

ocean

Banned
BSk vs. Nemesis in ~30mins

Winner goes to finals against raging sweaty try hards wrecking while bitching about PS4 controllers (this team is so OP).

EL CUCO

BSk vs. Nemesis in ~30mins

Winner goes to finals against raging sweaty try hards wrecking while bitching about PS4 controllers (this team is so OP).
BSK has a solid team as well. If they make it to the finals and Posh plays like he did tonight, they're gonna lose.

MildSoss

The thorn, blink and blade dancer nerf hit poshy hard. I'm used to seeing him on top of the leader board not scrapping at the bottom.

Deku Tree

Deku, was this the pad you ordered?:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0106XFCPI/

Yeah I paid $50 USD total including budget media mail shipping and tax.

That's the controller but I'm not sure if the price is good. Forgot what it was going for on other websites.

Would love to pick it up but the lack of wireless and mic jack is preventing me from doing so. Would have zero chat function due to it missing that port due to my headsets.

The cord is really long, I sit far from my TV and it reaches. Also I use the Sony Golds for mic so I don't need a mic jack.

Just trying it out for the first time right now.

Yeah I paid $50 USD total including budget media mail shipping and tax.

The cord is really long, I sit far from my TV and it reaches. Also I use the Sony Golds for mic so I don't need a mic jack.

How good are the Sony Golds? I'm on a Turtle Beach x41 but it's been showing it's age lately so I've been thinking about moving to another head set.

Might go for the Sony Golds and then pick up the Hori to go along with it as well. Heard the Sony headsets have issues though?

Dinklage understood the original game, but he wasn't directed properly.

Nolan didn't hear any of Dinklage's original lines. He was just given the script to interpret his own way.

The majority of the lines I've heard from Nolan have been completely out of touch with the scene they take place in. Yes, the script is bad, but that doesn't excuse bad tone and inflection.

they both are bad, but dinklage was fun bad

Nolandroid's "Guardian Down" is most disappointing.

Quoted for Truth. Part of the negative response to Dinklebot was the terrible writing and direction which all got rolled into "he sucks." Now that those factors are known quantities it's easy to directly compare the voice acting and realize some things Dinklage brought to the role.

I'm very interested in tagging along on a Skolas run. Never done it. 34 Warlock. Please keep me in mind for upcoming guided tours. =D

PSN Eyeron80

I could do another one in a bit if you're still looking.

DjRalford

How good are the Sony Golds? I'm on a Turtle Beach x41 but it's been showing it's age lately so I've been thinking about moving to another head set.

Might go for the Sony Golds and then pick up the Hori to go along with it as well. Heard the Sony headsets have issues though?

The sound is brilliant, especially when you download and set the destiny surround setting from the headset app. Mic is decent enough and clear, the little plastic flaps fall off mine now and again so i have to clip them back on, and others have said their hinges and plastic bits have broke.

MildSoss

Just be careful with them and don't leave them lying around. I've had mine for over a year now and still look brand new. No issues at all.

Lnkn52

Some owners here have questioned the build quality. I have a pair since day one of release and they have no signs of cracking (knock on wood).

They also sound great but please note, these are my first set of gaming headphones so I can't really compare them to any other ones. Plus they sale for less $100, which works with my wallet.

NeOak

If you got any questions or want me to show you how to turbo the R2, just poke me on Destiny.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I've had the Sony Golds since the Destiny beta and it's been going strong. Got over 1300 hours in Destiny over the past year (though not all of it in co-op, of course) and I have no complaints.

Tired of Destiny killing my DS4s though. On my third thanks to broken L3s and/or R2s. For TTK, I bought that Hori FPS Pad Pro and I have been using it since Tuesday. I quickly got used to the changed layout, but I think I prefer it to the DS4 for Destiny, and even managed to put a few dozen hours of Skyrim (PS3) using it. Pretty solid controller, really.

Hopefully it lasts longer than the DS4.

Akai XIII

Dinklage sounded pretty good through the Sony Gold headset with the sound profile. I didn't really see why so many people hated it so much. From what I've heard of Nolanbot, Dinklage actually put more effort and emotion into the VA.

ocean

Banned
As I've said from day one, what little script there is is garbage but Dinklage had a stellar performance.

People complaining about his tone being detached at times are either crazy, or forget that they're referring to a damn robot.

Kyoufu

As I've said from day one, what little script there is is garbage but Dinklage had a stellar performance.

People complaining about his tone being detached at times are either crazy, or forget that they're referring to a damn robot.

The Bounty Tracker in Tower is a robot and has more character than Dinklebot.

ocean

Banned
The Bounty Tracker in Tower is a robot and has more character than Dinklebot.
And we're done here

Ultimately a matter of opinion as there's no objective grounds to base a discussion upon. No such thing as a demonstrably wrong in matters of taste I guess?

The sound is brilliant, especially when you download and set the destiny surround setting from the headset app. Mic is decent enough and clear, the little plastic flaps fall off mine now and again so i have to clip them back on, and others have said their hinges and plastic bits have broke.

Just be careful with them and don't leave them lying around. I've had mine for over a year now and still look brand new. No issues at all.

Some owners here have questioned the build quality. I have a pair since day one of release and they have no signs of cracking (knock on wood).

They also sound great but please note, these are my first set of gaming headphones so I can't really compare them to any other ones. Plus they sale for less $100, which works with my wallet.
Hmm might have to pick it up and give it a try then. It's $74 on Amazon compared to it's $100 release price so it can't be too bad.

I've heard issues of the audio being too low or something.

The thorn, blink and blade dancer nerf hit poshy hard. I'm used to seeing him on top of the leader board not scrapping at the bottom.

giphy.gif

time to git gud

Wilde

Anyone have the hard Gorgon checkpoint? Trying to help a friend get some exotics.

Or the normal Gatekeeper checkpoint for glimmer farming?

ZW33.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom