• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Island

Had the Astro A50s but they aren't working now. Not sure why. Everything is connected and powered up but no audio coming through headset.

Plug in the Turtle Beach 500p set that I got as a replacement. They work fine so it's not a settings issue. Ugh, the Astros are far superior. Wish I could get them to work.
I have A50s too. Make sure you have the mix set correctly (right side ear button can go left or right. You will hear a double beep when it's centered.) you can test if this is the problem by going into settings on your PS and toggle chat only audio. If that gives you sound but no chat then your mix is off. I've also had to do a firmware upgrade when I first got them on the audio mix amp.

And a few times I've had to toggle dts and dolby to get it to remember.

They are super finicky Headphones but when they work they are godly.

Yeah I got one of those on venus but then nothing happened...

Oh that's what that was. I heard him mention it just as I'd started to go to orbit. Spent 30 mins back on Venus waiting for it again. Dammit.

What's with the dead ghost BTW on Venus in a random chest room that keeps respawning no matter how many time I pick it up?

I participated in my first Prison of Elders. I only died twice, so, I think it went fairly well. I was hoping to get an Armored Core out of it, but it doesn't seem like luck was on my side.

I was also rewarded an abnormal amount of Strange Coins during my time in Crucible.

Shotguns are so bad in PvE now. Just garbage.

Was running the last weekly. Took me all four rounds in my Invective to bring down a red bar Captain. A red bar!

And mêlée is a total non-starter for close range damage. What a staggering overreaction.

Anything stronger than a dreg rushes you? You should run away now. And what's crazy is that they made all these changes to try to get us to stop camping and using stuff like Icebreaker and Black hammer. Haha. Completely undercut by the shotgun nerf.

Sigh.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Well that's a thing...

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/4175392107

The grind is real.

THATS NOT IT

HAND ME THE HYDROSPAMMER

FxyRoPc.jpg

Was running the last weekly. Took me all four rounds in my Invective to bring down a red bar Captain. A red bar!

And mêlée is a total non-starter for close range damage. What a staggering overreaction.

Anything stronger than a dreg rushes you? You should run away now. And what's crazy is that they made all these changes to try to get us to stop camping and using stuff like Icebreaker and Black hammer. Haha. Completely undercut by the shotgun nerf.

Sigh.

They definitely needed to nerf them. Ever since the buff, I've had no reason to use a Fusion Rifle or a Sniper in PvE. Shotguns wrecked everything. It made the game more fun of course, but also took away most of the challenge.

But this nerf (like most of Bungie's nerfs) was way overdone. Shotguns are next to useless now. There's no more reward for being close to the enemy, so the encounters have gotten so much slower. And Fusion Rifles still aren't great so they aren't any better.

smh

I participated in my first Prison of Elders. I only died twice, so, I think it went fairly well. I was hoping to get an Armored Core out of it, but it doesn't seem like luck was on my side.

I was also rewarded an abnormal amount of Strange Coins during my time in Crucible.

I'm assuming since it was your first time you did the level 28 one? You don't get an Armour Core from that but it is a guaranteed reward from completing the level 32 one.

Armor cores should be a guaranteed drop in the level 32 and 35 prisons once a week, I don't believe they drop at all in the 28 or 34.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

Sigh.

Yup. It's dumb. PVP should never be OHK unless you're inside the person and PVE needs a slight buff. Cutting the damage in half was a mistake.

They definitely needed to nerf them. Ever since the buff, I've had no reason to use a Fusion Rifle or a Sniper in PvE. Shotguns wrecked everything. It made the game more fun of course, but also took away most of the challenge.

But this nerf (like most of Bungie's nerfs) was way overdone. Shotguns are next to useless now. There's no more reward for being close to the enemy, so the encounters have gotten so much slower. And Fusion Rifles still aren't great so they aren't any better.

smh

Yeah. Don't get me wrong. They needed a nerf. But wooooooooooow.

NeOak

smh

Yup. It's dumb. PVP should never be OHK unless you're inside the person and PVE needs a slight buff. Cutting the damage in half was a mistake.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong. They needed a nerf. But wooooooooooow.

After how they nerfed the Mythoclast back then? What did you expect?

E92 M3

You guys are going to summon ocean with all these shotgun complaints, lol.

Haha, there is a fine line between challenge and useless. Also, the most important metric Bungie had to look at was the popular reception the buff received. At the end of the day that's all that matters.

DjRalford

Generally my experience since the rebalance was 2 guardians would run and shotgun each other, then both melee each other, and both die, with one getting a postmortem medal.

Rinse
Repeat

SpecX

Helping a friend with sub-class quests, one spot if anyone wants to join for undying mind orb generation / major kills part.
Damn, if I didn't have family over I would be in. All the randoms I've tried this with fuck that part up for chaining. One guy starting firing horns off and wasn't generating orbs to help while the other guy kept dying.

Anastasis

Is there any downside to pledging factions? Do you still get full crucible/vanguard marks for bounties, but a little faction rep as well? What percentage goes to the faction? Finally, are strange coins to buy heavy ammo synth to turn into rep likely the best way of quickly getting rep? Thanks!

NeOak

Is there any downside to pledging factions? Do you still get full crucible/vanguard marks for bounties, but a little faction rep as well? What percentage goes to the faction? Finally, are strange coins to buy heavy ammo synth to turn into rep likely the best way of quickly getting rep? Thanks!

100% rep goes to the faction

Mindlog

Haha, there is a fine line between challenge and useless. Also, the most important metric Bungie had to look at was the popular reception the buff received. At the end of the day that's all that matters.
They're far from useless.
They were at Gjallarhorn levels of OP. Why else would no one blink an eye at trying to use a solar weapon against an arc shielded enemy?

Wallach

From what I remember the other night, it looked like 50% of your rep gains towards Vanguard or Crucible go towards your pledged faction as well.

100% rep goes to the faction
No it does not. When you pledge to a faction, reputation gains go to vanguard/crucible as well as your faction. The faction seems to get half as much reputation gains s compared to vanguard/crucible. For instance, the nightfall this week gave 500 vanguard and 250 faction.

PreyForYou

Neo Member
Is it possible to do Skolas at light level 162? Or should I just come to grips with the fact I will not be able to finish triumphs?

BokehKing

Banned
just ran two strikes, 20 radiance kills is tough....especially when the first few grenade kills didn't seem to register as kills at all, never completed it
kept getting my kills stealed, having the same problem on my warlock as I did on my hunter though "max out your skill tree" when its already maxed out, going to orbit is not doing anything....bummed

Ah, I see. It was my first time, so the only option available was 28. I'll try it again tomorrow. Thanks.

The nice thing is the first time you use a treasure key to open the big chest you get a guaranteed exotic. Though I'm not sure if treasure keys are obtainable at the moment if you didn't get one before the patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom