• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
Oh no, what have I done...

j4oKtoY.gif

Unstable

Got a quest from the Dead Orbit vendor.

"For Dead Orbit!

Represent Dead Orbit in Strikes and the Crucible while wearing a Dead Orbit shader, emblem and class armor."

I would absolutely love to Dead Orbit. One little problem. YOU ASSHOLES NEVER GAVE ME A SHADER. NOT ONE. AFTER 50 LEVELS. NOT ONE.

Jerks

Sudden thought I had and can't find an answer to; what's not going to be carrying over to TTK, and what happens to it?

I know Vanguard/Crucible marks are being replaced with Legendary marks, but do those you already have convert, or just disappear? What about Ascendant materials? Anything else that should be used up before TTK?

What Sentinal said.

I still don't have a pvp faction quest...

You get it automatically at rank 25. .

Sudden thought I had and can't find an answer to; what not going to be carrying over to TTK, and what happens to it?

I know Vanguard/Crucible marks are being replaced with Legendary marks, but do those you already have convert, or just disappear? What about Ascendant materials? Anything else that should be used up before TTK?

Vanguard and Crucible are converted into commendations at a rate of 50:1. Ascendant and Radiant stuff can be still converted at the speaker. Etheric light is unknown at the moment and if you want buy heavy synths from Xur as you can trade them in for faction rep at the respective vendor.

SgtCobra

I'm mentally preparing myself for the "long range meta" PvP will have.
Snipers are still disgusting, haven't been killed by shotguns in 2 days and fusion rifles seem better now, scouts and pulse rifles are very good now. Seriously disappointed by the decrease of stability for the auto rifles.

Ovek

7Member7

I would absolutely love to Dead Orbit. One little problem. YOU ASSHOLES NEVER GAVE ME A SHADER. NOT ONE. AFTER 50 LEVELS. NOT ONE.

Jerks

Holy shit, I got them all after only 20... Did you even get the ship?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Headsup, guys - Eva Lavante is selling 4 of the (actually) Rare Emblems today.

These are:
- The Victory Eagle
Victory_eagle_ii1.jpg

- The Alchemist Cast
Alchemist_cast1.jpg

- The Sigil of Seven
Sigil_of_seven1.jpg

- The Little Light
2a4cc803d12a4141ac168ea1419c8353.jpg

Wallach

Jerks

Better than me dude - I don't PvP much and they removed the only way to gain non-Vanguard rep in PvE a long time ago, so my New Monarchy rank was like 4 when 2.0 hit. Vanguard was like 26, but that doesn't seem to be worth shit in TTK.

Better than me dude - I don't PvP much and they removed the only way to gain non-Vanguard rep in PvE a long time ago, so my New Monarchy rank was like 4 when 2.0 hit. Vanguard was like 26, but that doesn't seem to be worth shit in TTK.

What? You could earn Rep from bounties, Strikes and Nightfalls in the place of Vanguard rep if you had the class item on?

Deku Tree

Jerks

After Tuesday they have a better rank up package smart loot system. So hopefully you can get a shader soon.

Huh?

You have always been able to get faction rep just by wearing the faction class item. In PvE and PvP. Nothing changed or got removed.

Wallach

...oh yeah. I'm not sure why I never wore mine. Edit - I remember now, I'm thinking of Crucible rep, not factions.

They did remove the materials thing for Crucible, though.

Ovek

7Member7
After Tuesday they have a better rank up package smart loot system. So hopefully you can get a shader soon.

I don't know why they didn't have a milestone system in place, so when you reach level five you get a shader or when you get to level thirty you get the posh ship. They could have even had cool exotic faction armour for reaching really high level.

At the moment its pointless levelling them past 3 because you can just buy everything from the faction vendor, unless you want that very specific shader.

...oh yeah. I'm not sure why I never wore mine.

They did remove the materials thing, though.

lol

True, but that's because it was not worth it so they changed it to being able to buy them with marks. You really got to NM rank 4 just by handing in mats? What a grind!

Edit: ooooooohhhhh okay I'm not sure what the point is now

Wallach

lol

True, but that's because it was not worth it so they changed it to being able to buy them with marks. You really got to NM rank 4 just by handing in mats? What a grind!

I think I actually got my Crucible rep that way back then, not NM. I must have gotten to rank 3 for something specific and forgot about it after that. There wasn't much difference to me before TTK which one I was working on since I wasn't chasing a shader or anything.

I think I actually got my Crucible rep that way back then, not NM. I must have gotten to rank 3 for something specific and forgot about it after that. There wasn't much difference to me before TTK which one I was working on since I wasn't chasing a shader or anything.

Why would you put yourself through that?

Wallach

Why would you put yourself through that?

I think it was more that I didn't have anything else to do with my materials back then. I used to farm patrols a bunch and Relic Iron in particular would just pile up. I remember before finding out that exchange existed I had like 900 in the vault. So I would just offload it into the Crucible guy.

Either way, I would have liked something to be related to Vanguard rank. There wasn't exactly a telegraph that faction rep was going to be so much more important down the road.

Tovarisc

First we found out about Three of Coins and now Vex Chronospanner.

"Single-use piece of Vex technology. If you complete a given week's Nightfall or Weekly Heroic Strike with this token in your Inventory, and then play through that activity again in the same week, you'll be re-eligible for rewards as if it was your first playthrough."
http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/4175392107

A friend of mine is at Skolas now and has been trying to kill him for a couple of hours but the people with him have left. I've joined him, is there some kind soul willing to come and help us finish Skolas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom