• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuszka

Now i wonder if the $20 CE items released on tuesday will be locked to the purchasing account like the VIP/preorder stuff. Would be so annoying spending money on stuff that will not even work on my account as end result.

ocean

Banned
Remember how we did the ruling house one yesterday (mine I believe)? There is actually another one in the building later in the mission.

Here's a reddit link with how to find them all. Link

Here is the one you are missing: Youtube Video

One in kings watch.

One towards the end of Ruling House mission. I'll put up a video soon cause the one on the reddit guide has the guy wallbreaching when you can actually get it without wallbreaching by doing the mission.

Edit: nevermind.
Thanks guys!

Still don't understand why we can't see Grimoire score more easily :/

noomi

Totally whooped butt in crucible this morning. 4.08KD, 15 kill streak.

BTRD is life.

Finding my choice layout to be:

- Hawkmoon ( I know I bitched about it last week, had to re-learn how to use it properly)
- Fast RoF Sniper (Preadyths is good)
- BTRD (Rockets are bad now, Heavy MG = win)

Nuszka

Totally whooped butt in crucible this morning. 4.08KD, 15 kill streak.

BTRD is life.

Finding my choice layout to be:

- Hawkmoon ( I know I bitched about it last week, had to re-learn how to use it properly)
- Fast RoF Sniper (Preadyths is good)
- BTRD (Rockets are bad now, Heavy MG = win)

Text me when you are later on, was swapping from one weapon to another in the crucible. So exciting trying to relearn stuff, next up is bad juju, red death and monte.

FyreWulff

Yeah, pretty scummy. I don't get why they only have a 240 Light version now.

I think the only reason we can't get there now is because TTK isn't 100% live and all we can get is year 1 weaps/armor.

Once Year 2 starts I believe even people that don't buy TTK will be able to get > 170 items.

Feel free to make fun of me in a quote if this turns out to not be true.

Deku Tree

Good ol' bungie, gating hard difficulty on everything except the raids behind the next DLC

Not exactly... Tower gear will be 280 light and everyone will be able to buy it.... Once you are able to earn legendary marks... And once an old strike shows up in the NF in two months.

Actually I'm not sure how hard or easy it will be for non-TTK owners to buy or RNG legendary gear and earn legendary marks.

Gordon

I'm just annoyed at the pressure sales tactics - feels like they're trying to hide the fact that Destiny is a subscription service. The whole BS about making it more accessible by changing the light dependent on 4 pieces of gear into light dependent on like 9 pieces of gear has been annoying me.

Wallach

Isn't 34 the max for non-TTK players?

Level-wise it is, but browsing the Armory there are level 30 weapons that have 280 Attack on them with the next level requirement up looking like 36, so I assume ~280 is where you can get to at 34. On the other hand, all of the stuff at 30 or above in the Armory has TTK tags on the icons, and I don't know if that stuff is equippable without TTK or not.

Deku Tree

Yeah it's pretty clear that the latest end game content:

All the time: Latest Raid, Trials of Osirus, Iron Lagger
Frequently; NF, Weekly, Daily Story, Daily Crucible

Are gonna be locked behind buying the latest expansion. You will still be able to play the earlier content that you paid for... And you'll still be able to equip the gear that you need to do that content... But if you don't buy the latest expansion then yeah your not gonna be able to keep doing the latest end game weekly stuff every week.

Klyka

Banned
Not DLC flagged? When they gated IB rep and gear behind HoW a bunch of my buddies were pretty salty. I wouldn't be too surprised if they kept the trend going.

My friend has zero DLC and has the same light level as me, 166.

You get TTK drops,you get TTK quest rewards etc...

Gating certain parts is perfectly fine, but you will never be left out entirely.

You can get to 40. You can get really high light levels. You can still buy EVERYTHING from all faction vendors, crucible and vanguard.

And for none of that you need to own TTK.

Bungies entire model is basically built on charging people for playable content, but not for achievable progress.

I'm just annoyed at the pressure sales tactics - feels like they're trying to hide the fact that Destiny is a subscription service. The whole BS about making it more accessible by changing the light dependent on 4 pieces of gear into light dependent on like 9 pieces of gear has been annoying me.

Light is just item level like in any MMO ever. 4 items or 9 items does not matter because all the items can be:

- bought from vendors.
- drop in the world.
- be rewards for quests.

The game will let you progress as you just play it.

You play the game. You have fun playing the game. You get loot.

Having fun playing the game being THE fundamental essence of why you should or should not play it.

Isn't 34 the max for non-TTK players?

No. Where do you guys read stuff like this?

Level-wise it is, but browsing the Armory there are level 30 weapons that have 280 Attack on them with the next level requirement up looking like 36, so I assume ~280 is where you can get to at 34. On the other hand, all of the stuff at 30 or above in the Armory has TTK tags on the icons, and I don't know if that stuff is equippable without TTK or not.

I could equip the Expansion I vanguard gear without having it, so probably.

Pretty sure I read it, hang on.

Deku Tree

My friend has zero DLC and has the same light level as me, 166.

You get TTK drops,you get TTK quest rewards etc...

Gating certain parts is perfectly fine, but you will never be left out entirely.

You can get to 40. You can get really high light levels. You can still buy EVERYTHING from all faction vendors, crucible and vanguard.

And for none of that you need to own TTK.

Bungies entire model is basically built on charging people for playable content, but not for achievable progress.

^ the question is that it sounds like it could be hard or slow going for non TTK owners to earn legendary marks if they are usually locked behind weekly activities that are locked behind TTK strikes and Crucible most days and weeks... Still unclear about this...

noomi

Well, I've got another busy weekend ahead of me today, places to go, people to see, chores to do :/

See you guys a bit later :D

Text me when you are later on, was swapping from one weapon to another in the crucible. So exciting trying to relearn stuff, next up is bad juju, red death and monte.

Will do :D

Wallach

You mean how it says "once TTK launches it will be 40?"

No, it says "requires Taken King", whereas right above that specifies "34 for all players" - I figure if it were actually going to 40 for all players they would have used that same wording again with the date without even mentioning the TTK requirement.

Deku Tree

Oh wait if NF is level 40 and 280 light, and non-TTK owners are locked at level 34, then they can never do the NF again without TTK.... And they can't be competitive in IB or ToO... Sorry folks!

Wallach

Oh wait if NF is level 40 and 280 light, and non-TTK owners are locked at level 34, then they can never do the NF again without TTK.... And they can't be competitive in IB or ToO... Sorry folks!

It's really confusing to me because in the Armory some of the new exotics say they require level 30 to equip, and some require level 40. So if they are stuck at 34, can they still equip some of the new TTK loot? Or is it all locked to expansion whether they meet level requirement or not?

Klyka

Banned
It says it requires taken king...

I had always read that everyone gets 40, that addendum in the patch notes was new to me.

I checked a couple of sites now and yes, lvl 40 requires TTK.

So it's like a WoW/FF14 situation where you need a certain expansion to raise your maximum level cap.

Quite some content being lvl 40 only and I can't tell yet if lvl 34 gear, as in actual lvl 34 gear,not the lvl 20 stuff we have atm, can get you to 240 light for higher difficulty missions.

Will have to wait for Tuesday to find out.

I've been trying to get my hands on a NM Gatekeeper checkpoint for a bit, not sure if anyone has one right now.

Raybunzy and kyoufu2 are there now and probably will be for the next two days :d

That's it for a couple of days for me, everything edged to within a sliver of rank up, all shards and energies traded for motes, old armour deleted, new emblems and shaders bought and glimmer maxed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom