• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rated-G

Perfect! I'll set a reminder on my phone and then add you shortly!

Let's get that Emblem!

Really anytime between 6PM and 10AM your time is good for me. Unfortunately though, 4AM-10AM is probably the best time for me as I'm less likely to be interrupted by food or needing to devote time to my fiancé.

GutZ31

Super off topic but... Staring at the dark ocean under the stars is eerily soothing. If only I could take a picture that didn't turn out pitch black.
Imagine being out in the middle of the ocean, pitch black, starring at the stars on an inner tube.
The inner tub pops, and you sink slowly into the depths, the stars slowly fading into nothingness.
After hours of falling, you start to see light again, shimmering and moving around you in flashes of brilliant eruptions of blues, greens, and red.
You reach the bottom on the ocean, in its cold, dark splendor, there are still stars.

Of course you died a long time ago, and this is all just stuff you recalled from some ocean documentary as you drowned.

Love the stars, have some feelings about open ocean.

Unstable

Quick! I haven't played in a week and managed to make it to Xur! What's the agreed upon thing to do here? Do I blow all my coins on heavy synth? Cus that's what I'm currently doing.

All 1300 coins...

So step 8 of 'path of sunsinger' quest is it bugged or do I have to complete during 1 strike?

I did a strike and noticed the progress had me at 11 kills out of 20.
Did another strike and it had reset.

anx10us

Banned
Roughly how long does it take to max glimmer if farming here solo?

I would love to play and be social, unfortunately its Sunday morning and have a house full of kids to amuse ....

Just to check, if I join your game, can I just pickup the checkpoint, leave and continue later on my own ?

Quick! I haven't played in a week and managed to make it to Xur! What's the agreed upon thing to do here? Do I blow all my coins on heavy synth? Cus that's what I'm currently doing.

All 1300 coins...

Eh I would save 100 so you can stock up on the three of coins buff Xur sells. (Higher a chance of exotics from Ultras)

All 1300 coins...

By the time you exchange that many coins he will have left as slow as the purchasing process is lol.

I'm hoping this place doesn't become a panic saltfest of getting to 40 and getting exotics when TTK comes out.

I just want to go at my own pace and in past expansions and stuff it's always rush rush and I've got this first blah blah

Can we just play and it not be a competition?

Trials was the last saltfest and gloatfest so I'm not looking forward to this next step.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So step 8 of 'path of sunsinger' quest is it bugged or do I have to complete during 1 strike?

I did a strike and noticed the progress had me at 11 kills out of 20.
Did another strike and it had reset.

Complete in 1 strike. Bit of a pain when others steal kills.

I'm hoping this place doesn't become a panic saltfest of getting to 40 and getting exotics when TTK comes out.

I just want to go at my own pace and in past expansions and stuff it's always rush rush and I've got this first blah blah

Can we just play and it not be a competition?

Trials was the last saltfest and gloatfest so I'm not looking forward to this next step.

We'll all hit 40 day one, the hard bit will be getting armour/guns with enough light

Makikou

Level 20 warlock now. Going to have a rough time since i still have a LOT to do.. Shame i have to play alone :(

(PS4.. Makikou72 - EU)

I'm still confused as to how Light works now. 170 is the current maximum?

171. It is an average scaling of all your gear and weapons and determines how much armour and damage you do. Similar to an item lvl in Wow. It still scales though like damage used to previously against lower tiers. It is just a different way to express it.

Oh of course Variks does, completely skipped my mind.

It's pretty easy to calculate by yourself.

Add every Defense and Attack of everything you have equipped up and devide by 9 (since you have 9 things you can equippe)

BOOM! You light level!

tl;dr: light level=e-peen

Hrmmm but what adds to it? I have all maxed or weapons and armour and I'm at 150? I don't have a ghost or cloak yet since I'm waiting for TTK to do the quests and the bonus items I'll get anyways. Will those two thing really bring it up 21 points? Makes no sense.

Hrmmm but what adds to it? I have all maxed or weapons and armour and I'm at 150? I don't have a ghost or cloak yet since I'm waiting for TTK to do the quests and the bonus items I'll get anyways. Will those two thing really bring it up 21 points? Makes no sense.

Everything adds to it. It averages from what you have. So you need the cloak and ghost.

Essentially it is this:

(Primary + Special + Heavy + Helm + Shoulder + Chest + Boots + Class Item + Ghost) / 9 = Your light level. My hunter has everything at 170 except my cloak so it is ((170*8) +140)/9 = 166.66 which is rounded up to 167.

Zoidberg

These vanguard bounties might give less xp and rep, but being able to complete all 6 in 9 minutes on mars today is really awesome.

Anyone allready get charged for The Taken King? I had 40€ in my wallet and now I only have 1 ct left in it. I'm guessing it was for TTK but I never got a notification for it!? This happen to anybody else?

Ugh. I guess I'll do the quests then. Wanted to wait but I don't want to be at a disadvantage.

Lame.

You won't be at a disadvantage, just wait till TK launches so you get the xp. It is like only 85xp or something though. Plus if you want you can just buy the Ghost shell, no quest required. Will get you to like 165 depending on your class item.

k1t4j

Anyone allready get charged for The Taken King? I had 40€ in my wallet and now I only have 1 ct left in it. I'm guessing it was for TTK but I never got a notification for it!? This happen to anybody else?

Happened to me to, this morning, still no email notification or such :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom