• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

It's really confusing to me because in the Armory some of the new exotics say they require level 30 to equip, and some require level 40. So if they are stuck at 34, can they still equip some of the new TTK loot? Or is it all locked to expansion whether they meet level requirement or not?

Yeah the level 30 gear is to allow non-TTK owners to equip it.

I had always read that everyone gets 40, that addendum in the patch notes was new to me.

I checked a couple of sites now and yes, lvl 40 requires TTK.

So it's like a WoW/FF14 situation where you need a certain expansion to raise your maximum level cap.

Quite some content being lvl 40 only and I can't tell yet if lvl 34 gear, as in actual lvl 34 gear,not the lvl 20 stuff we have atm, can get you to 240 light for higher difficulty missions.

Will have to wait for Tuesday to find out.

People will be locked to mostly Year 1 stuff, I reckon. Most, if not all, Y2 Legendaries and Exotics will be locked to level 40.

Klyka

Banned
People will be locked to mostly Year 1 stuff, I reckon. Most, if not all, Y2 Legendaries and Exotics will be locked to level 40.

Yeah agreed. Blues should work though, right?
If we go by Year 1, then legendaries started at 20,which would now be 40 in year 2.
So technically 34 should have blues going on that give decent enough light for heroic missions.

Lvl 40 is tied to TTK?

Lol, looks like that's it with Destiny for me then.

Question:

What Destiny content do you own and what were your plans for the game without TTK?

KxoZz

At Round 5 PoE 34 with a friend. Anyone care to help? psn: kxozz
We're not using mics though, but should be fine if we all know what we're doing.

Wallach

If we go by Year 1, then legendaries started at 20,which would now be 40 in year 2.
So technically 34 should have blues going on that give decent enough light for heroic missions.

Almost all of the TTK exotics seem to be level 30 in the Armory (except a few Primaries and the reputation class items), and there are a lot of level 30 legendaries it seems. Assuming they can equip the new items and actually participate in activities, I would guess they could clear 240 Light.

On a side note, if the Armory information is correct does that mean we need to Infuse all these exotics to get them to level capped Attack & Defense?

eFKac

Question:

What Destiny content do you own and what were your plans for the game without TTK?

Vanilla, for about a month.

Plans? Basically everything I could do without TTK, mostly gear collecting and making good builds, that's probably the most addicting part of the game for me. Now it looks like I'm blocked from the interesting gear. TTK is way too expensive for me though, I planned to buy it discounted, but from what I've learned going in late into Destiny, it doesn't give the same experience as coming early.

Klyka

Banned
Almost all of the TTK exotics seem to be level 30 in the Armory (except a few Primaries and the reputation class items), and there are a lot of level 30 legendaries it seems. Assuming they can equip the new items and actually participate in activities, I would guess they could clear 240 Light.

On a side note, if the Armory information is correct does that mean we need to Infuse all these exotics to get them to level capped Attack & Defense?

Hm interesting.

And they can equip, my friend has all HOW items equipped and he doesn't own it.
So possession of DLC does not hinder usage of an item you get.

Nah armoury is wrong, if you look at the requirements in game they require 40, it also says you can reforge everything which you can't

Klyka

Banned
Vanilla, for about a month.

Plans? Basically everything I could do without TTK, mostly gear collecting and making good builds, that's probably the most addicting part of the game for me. Now it looks like I'm blocked from the interesting gear. TTK is way too expensive for me though, I planned to buy it discounted, but from what I've learned going in late into Destiny, it doesn't give the same experience as coming early.

Yeah it's an old problem with MMOs that if you join late, it kinda feels like you are treading ground everyone else has already forgotten about.
If you like gear collecting of course, that's all there, whether you join tomorrow or next year.

If it's too expensive for you, I understand not picking it up.

I'd like to ask you to give the game a bit more time before you shelve it and don't let emotion guide you to resent it now. We are just two days away from actually seeing what you can all get/do as a lvl 34.
I guarantee you, there will be at least some things that will be new for you and entertaining for a while. I'm not saying you'll suddenly be glued to the game for weeks or something, but give it a fair chance, ok? :)

Wallach

Nah armoury is wrong, if you look another requirements in game they require 40, it also says you can reforge everything which you can't

That makes more sense. They also list the Attack & Defense of the level 30 stuff as the same as 40, all at 280 (except the 290 rep class items).

That makes more sense. They also list the Attack & Defense of the level 30 stuff as the same as 40, all at 280 (except the 290 rep class items).

Yep just confirmed it does indeed require 40

12002949_950466054991666_4196241117055794544_n.jpg

Yeah it's an old problem with MMOs that if you join late, it kinda feels like you are treading ground everyone else has already forgotten about.
If you like gear collecting of course, that's all there, whether you join tomorrow or next year

That's true. I'm so excited about being able to go into a raid blind for once. I came in late with both VoG and CE, by which time everyone already knew just how it went.

eFKac

If you like gear collecting of course, that's all there, whether you join tomorrow or next year.

If it's too expensive for you, I understand not picking it up.

I'd like to ask you to give the game a bit more time before you shelve it and don't let emotion guide you to resent it now. We are just two days away from actually seeing what you can all get/do as a lvl 34.
I guarantee you, there will be at least some things that will be new for you and entertaining for a while. I'm not saying you'll suddenly be glued to the game for weeks or something, but give it a fair chance, ok? :)

Don't worry man, I won't resent it, I had a good time from what I've played, it's a game that speaks to my OCD :)
Just a shame that I've wasted time I've grinded preparing engrams to feed Rahool and all the stuff for rep, but that's not a big deal.

If I'm gonna be blocked from basically all higher lvl PVE activities, and most importantly gear, there's not much for me to do, and there's only so much I can play of PVP.

DGaf is a fantastic community though so I'll miss that for sure :-(

Klyka

Banned
That's true. I'm so excited about being able to go into a raid blind for once. I came in late with both VoG and CE, by which time everyone already knew just how it went.

Doing Crota for the first time for me was maddening.

I was being sherpad through it and everything was cheese.
The Crota fight wasn't even a fight, there was just...nothing.

I would have loved to see it done "proper".

Wallach

Destiny 2.0 is great.

I've never been a crucible fan and I'm loving the mayhem mode.

Me, Hawkian and... rob (sorry your tag is really hard to remember) jumped into Mayhem last night and I thought it was a pretty good time. It's also amazing at clearing out PvP bounties!

X-Frame

Wow, so if you have a Shotgun with Luck in the Chamber, the lucky bullet is always right after you reload. Insane. Definitely not intended.

It may have always been like this but now that we can hear the audio cue when it procs we know for sure.

Defuser

I'm more or less convinced pulse rifles are the new dominant in the crucible. They were the second most popular weapon to use before the patch due to hopscotch and messenger but now the big 3 HC got nerfed pulse rifles have no problems taking the top spot.

If you have 55A-allfate type or the Messenger type and plus with the stability perks you can laser point anybody and outbeat them. Even the spare change which everybody shit on but if you slap on counterbalance perk it can be a fucking killer.

ocean

Banned
Wow, so if you have a Shotgun with Luck in the Chamber, the lucky bullet is always right after you reload. Insane. Definitely not intended.

It may have always been like this but now that we can hear the audio cue when it procs we know for sure.
Always been like this. Same reason you can reload Thorn when you have 1 shot left and then your first shot on the next mag will be Final Round (don't know if 2.0 fixed this).

phen0m24

I'm more or less convinced pulse rifles are the new dominant in the crucible. They were the second most popular weapon to use before the patch due to hopscotch and messenger but now the big 3 HC got nerfed pulse rifles have no problems taking the top spot.

If you have 55A-allfate type or the Messenger type and plus with the stability perks you can laser point anybody and outbeat them. Even the spare change which everybody shit on but if you slap on counterbalance perk it can be a fucking killer.

Welcome to the Age of the Timepiece

Gordon

Oh yeah, after trying out 7 or 8 different PRs (including BJJ, Timepiece, Allfate, and Red Death) I have to say, Aegis of The Kell is surprisingly amazing. Whodathunkit.

Yeah i noticed this. Evetytime I reloaded, it was my first shot after. Tried dozens of times. Weird.

Doing Crota for the first time for me was maddening.

I was being sherpad through it and everything was cheese.
The Crota fight wasn't even a fight, there was just...nothing.

I would have loved to see it done "proper".

The abyss and bridge are fun without cheese, but there really isn't cheese for Crota himself. It's a really boring fight for everyone other than the sword runner.

phen0m24

The age being equivalent to two days. You guys are starting to scare me.

They're effective though, Todd. Nothing will change in TTK apart from Iron Banana.

Yes there will be new weapons. Some good, some not so.

But the pulse rifles are rocking. You think they won't still be for a while? Why are we seeing posts from Math rocking her TDYK a year later? You know what I'm saying and I also get your point. There will be new stuff. It might be great. We'll see.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've been leveling my Titan this weekend (28 now) and I think I might actually prefer it to warlock, at least in crucible. I love that striker shoulder charge.

Born2Live

How hard is it to get the Necrochasm now?

Your relying on two drops. Husk dropping from a Hive Knight which you then need to level to Eidolon Ally. Eidolon then needs to be leveled up to the last node which will allow you to upgrade it to Necrochasm if you've obtained the Crux which drops from killing HM Crota.

Can be quite long winded if RNG doesn't smile kindly on you.

DjRalford

Ok, I just found out that after filling my messages with the postmaster after 20 means stuff moves to lost items, if I'd known that I could have saved another 10 packages or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom