• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. We're already at OT 30.

That's... excellent. *nods head in approval*

Anyone up for a quick NF? Just need one.

PSN Instant__Vintage

Edit:

I'm down!

I'll join psn chiquili59, no mic atm though

New OT! Aside from some disappointment with the new voice, I'm really enjoying this update. GHorn wasn't half-bad in Nightfall either, though Solar burn likely had a lot to do with that.

Heading on now.

Right after I posted, I got an invite from friends on Ps4. Sorry!

Maybe Vestian and Strangers are much better than we think. That, or they're going to serve some other purpose. I mean there has to be a reason it takes the new legendary marks.

So are the fallen wolves bounties done? The first expansion had the blades of Crota stuff spawning everywhere. When the second expansion launched the blades spawns disapeared. Now the Fallen KIng is launching and the Wolves stuff from the second expansion are being retired? Are we just paying for events as opposed to additional content? It seems everytime they introduce new stuff they're rapping up old stuff.
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, I just haven' seen anyone mentioning anything about it.

That is a bit of a pet peeve I have with the game. The few activities they have to make Patrols interesting are temporary.

Also, if new players get the game now. Do they miss out on all the Grimoire points? Does Petra bounties disappear? What are we left with when all is said and done. A sorry ass PoE and a couple of campaign missions?

With mag sizes already lower, I prefer Smallbore. Hand cannons need range now.

got that too

Deku Tree

The completionist in me just made me spend a lot of money on eva just because of those collections -_-

I decided to buy every emblem, every ship, and every shader that I can buy in the tower.

It's only glimmer.

I raided VoG and CE a lot in the past so I have a massive glimmer hord in the form of shards... might as well use them.

Mac went into a hard sleep when I messaged to join in on Silverd. Backed out when Error popped in and claimed the invite, so I'm open for some Nightfalls.

PSN(PS4): ArkkAngel007

I just did the Sepiks Prime strike and there area behind the final boss battle is now opened up!

Unfortunately it'll give you a "turn back" message if you try to go

ERMint13

Dungeon needs to re-evaluate the spawn situation. I've been spawn killed a handful of times on that map only playing it twice. None of the other new maps seem to have that issue currently.

Karl2177

I just want to point out something real quick about the test weapons. The Hakke weapons and the Suros rocket this week are perfectly fine. The point of them is to go into PvE and use a variety of weapons. The two Omolon guns are the opposite of good. A player's weapon affects their own experience as well as the experience of 11 other players. Since Destiny, like many other games nowadays, uses a perfect imbalance system, it means that there are weapons that are designed to be more powerful than others. This means you could be giving the player a weapon that is incredibly powerful and isn't fun to fight against or you could be giving a weapon that is weak and isn't fun to use.

It would be a lot better if there wasn't a Crucible requirement for any armsday guns. I figured they would have learned from their mistakes with Halo: Reach that you can't create "bounties" that are too specific to a weapon without it negatively affecting the player experience. If you want to bring those weapons into Crucible because you want to use them there, then fine. But it's not a good idea gambling with the player experience like that.

ps the omolon sniper is shitty beyond belief.

Deku Tree

Emblem collection page 2 under Class Starter. They used to be given out in the Beta when you created your class, they obviously added them back. You can only access the ones for the class you are on though. So the Aspect of Dust is for Hunters.

^^^^
It was available on my Hunter in the emblem collection. I believe it is a hunter specific emblem, but I'm not exactly sure how I earned it.

Thx. They are the alpha and beta emblems for each class. Now each class has three.

petmis

Basically. HoW patrol events are gone, and while I haven't checked that likely goes for bounties as well. Eric Morn bounties are also gone.

Right now, the only bounties are the ones from the main bounty vendor afaik.

Right. And based on this thread https://www.bungie.net/en-us/Forum/Post/151209652/0/0 this is totally the case. So I'm buying temporary bounties. I do the story suff once, but then the content that keeps on giving only does so until the next expansion comes out, then Bungie jettisons the content I paid for. I'm not able to use it any more.
This game has been criticized for not having enough content. Four months after Bungie adds more content for $20 (more depending on location) they then remove it again. Bungie has fucked this game up so much it's sad. I argued in their favour, that this game was good despite what you may have heard, up until this point, but now I don't see the point in continuing that support, from both a financial nor a game play stand point.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, well I was too busy killing Wolves but fool me a third time.... well, I'll play the Taken king because I still think the game is fundamentally good, but I'm done after that. Er.. you won't fool me again. Your shit is broken.

Wilde

Does anyone have the hard Gorgon checkpoint? Trying to help a friend who is new to the game get some exotics.

Namikaze1

Got back the Stranger's Rifle. Making sure I don't dismantle it this time around. I'll go back and get the Vestian tomorrow. It's getting late.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I just saw somebody with a 172 Nechro. What's with that?

Also, the people woth the blue Ghost shells. Are those from the CE or something?

Edit: nvm i see the speaker has them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom