• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whaaaaaat

Is there a video of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCXXo6BpaAc

Top of page edit: 5 days 4 hrs!

tumblr_nq46igNTRz1qja7k2o2_500.gif

I just want to point out something real quick about the test weapons. The Hakke weapons and the Suros rocket this week are perfectly fine. The point of them is to go into PvE and use a variety of weapons. The two Omolon guns are the opposite of good. A player's weapon affects their own experience as well as the experience of 11 other players. Since Destiny, like many other games nowadays, uses a perfect imbalance system, it means that there are weapons that are designed to be more powerful than others. This means you could be giving the player a weapon that is incredibly powerful and isn't fun to fight against or you could be giving a weapon that is weak and isn't fun to use.

It would be a lot better if there wasn't a Crucible requirement for any armsday guns. I figured they would have learned from their mistakes with Halo: Reach that you can't create "bounties" that are too specific to a weapon without it negatively affecting the player experience. If you want to bring those weapons into Crucible because you want to use them there, then fine. But it's not a good idea gambling with the player experience like that.

ps the omolon sniper is shitty beyond belief.

Agreed. I gave up on that Omolon sniper, I just don't have the patience. If someone shouts in my direction the aim goes haywire. Not fun so I'm not gonna stress it.

Arrrammis

I just did the Sepiks Prime strike and there area behind the final boss battle is now opened up!

Unfortunately it'll give you a "turn back" message if you try to go

The door in Rasputin's bunker (Siege of the Warmind mission)also opened up! When you would turn left after you first encounter the hive inside the vault, keep going straight. Eventually you hit a dead end, but you get the name of a new area to show up. Name:
War Bunker 4

Defyler

So if I grabbed the three faction quests on all three toons will they be broken regardless if I finish or leave them?

Hoping I can continue working on them through the week but leave off a few strikes till Ttk drops...

Afrocious

Time to finally get the rest of these golden chests. Surprised I never finished getting them when I was into this game back in vanilla.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I just saw somebody with a 172 Nechro. What's with that?

Also, the people woth the blue Ghost shells. Are those from the CE or something?

Edit: nvm i see the speaker has them.

The Necro is 172 if you buy it from the kiosk. The Vex is a touch higher there as well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
whoaaaa so I was putzing about in the tower and Dan Miller just jumped in my fireteam. We'd just grouped up once before so I was kinda stunned to see him. Thanked me for running the Vault of Glass newbie raids (thanking me for taking people through a raid that he! worked on! so cool holy crap!) and said they've been following our threads. Gave me a guided tour of the new stuff in the tower, I'm taking things very slow and hadn't seen everything yet, hooked him up with Eva's Atlantean shader and he explained how Armsday works. He also mentioned he is currently working on something "bigger and better" than VoG zomg what is it what is it what is it. Seems like such a cool dude.

As thanks for him being so awesome I have to share this Super Good Advice tweet he put out:
My recommendation for #TheTakenKing and #destiny : don't rush it guys. I see lots of people sprinting to max their level-Just enjoy the ride
You heard the man! Enjoy it!

whoaaaa so I was putzing about in the tower and Dan Miller just jumped in my fireteam. We'd just grouped up once before so I was kinda stunned to see him. Thanked me for running the Vault of Glass newbie raids (thanking me for taking people through a raid that he! worked on! so cool holy crap!) and said they've been following our threads. Gave me a guided tour of the new stuff in the tower, I'm taking things very slow and hadn't seen everything yet, hooked him up with Eva's Atlantean shader and he explained how Armsday works. He also mentioned he is currently working on something "bigger and better" than VoG zomg what is it what is it what is it. Seems like such a cool dude.

As thanks for him being so awesome I have to share this Super Good Advice tweet he put out:

Wow, that's pretty awesome! Reminds me of the Guild Wars 2 streams where we would all follow along with the guy that worked at ANet (of course now I'm spacing on his name)

E92 M3

That's awesome - seems like a passionate fellow. Will be hard to not rush with the raid next Friday lol.

Deku Tree

he tweeted this two days ago:

Dan Miller ‏@dmiller360 Sep 7
Thanks to DGAF for the entertaining words throughout year 1. I'm excited to see the reactions in year 2!

coy

1 more needed for Nightfall as well if Silvard's group is full or they finish their run.

PSN ArkkAngel007
Sorry Arkk my headphones are being uncooperative atm. I can hear y'all fine though.

Edit: Yeah I'm down. Will try to find my pther headphones too.

Anastasis

That's awesome! So how does Armsday work?

SnakeEyes

Banned
he tweeted this two days ago:

Dan Miller ‏@dmiller360 Sep 7
Thanks to DGAF for the entertaining words throughout year 1. I'm excited to see the reactions in year 2!
I've played with the dude before, when I was in a party with GutZ. He's a cool guy to play with :)

So yeah, I think I'm think gonna need help with this Skolas. DRIZZZAAAAY ;P

Lol just finished a run. I can do some more Skolasses tonight if newbies are around.

i had it happen in the tower a few times and crucible at least twice, but never on patrol

I ran into iRawr in the Tower once, pretty funny.

IRL True story: I ran into an old high school friend in the middle of the Louvre several years ago. Craziest thing.

Wow, that's really cool!

BTM

You try to get 10 kills with an awful sniper in crucible and get really annoyed with the gunsmith for making you test such an awful gun.

Eh, I didn't think it was terrible. But that's probably because I haven't played Destiny in months and I'm not sure which snipers are good and which ones aren't.

I don't mind grinding quests in MMOs, but for some reason these ones are not fun. At all.

Maybe it's just because everything is "locked" this week, but running to Cosmodrome each time I want to farm Hive Majors is a pain in the ass. I expected some more clever stuff but these just look like Bounties chained together.

Or perhaps it's because Destiny is already grindy as is and this is more grinding.

I cannot obey this advice. Faster I finish it = faster I can start helping others. Have we heard from the Atticus family yet? We can do the run tomorrow or whenever if it gets too late.

Still looking to do it if you have room. PSN: LordNimon

Sure, sounds good. Just waiting to hear back from someone who had been asking about it.

Wait, seriously?! They all have to be done in Crucible, or is that specifically for the Sniper Rifle one?

One of the snipers and the fusion rifle require 10 Crucible kills. They are both pretty meh weapons.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Play how you want of course. If it's more fun for you to rush then rush. I thought it was a point worth replicating for people to whom it applies. Sorry if it was offensive.
I cannot obey this advice. Faster I finish it = faster I can start helping others. Have we heard from the Atticus family yet? We can do the run tomorrow or whenever if it gets too late.
Damn so you didn't hear from them either. hrnnnmm

Man, bad juju is just a squirt gun

Really? I was doing pretty well with it tonight. If anything the hand cannons are squirt guns now. With a pretty comparable drop off in range too.

It feels like HCs are only useful at short to medium range and from then on every other weapon just destroys them. And since shotties didn't seem to receive much of a nerf it seems like they can take out the now short range HCs pretty easily or you can just pick off a HC user from a bit further than medium range with ease using a pulse or auto.

Messenger + Shotgun is the new op'd combo now from what I saw tonight.

Play how you want of course. If it's more fun for you to rush then rush. I thought it was a point worth replicating for people to whom it applies. Sorry if it was offensive.
Damn so you didn't hear from them either. hrnnnmm

Not sure if the first part was referring to me but I wasn't offended whatsoever. I was just joking, I wouldn't be able to take the new content slow even if I wanted, haha. It's definitely good advice for the majority of people.

I'll check again to see if they're online but otherwise I'll probably fire up another newbie run soon if we don't hear anything.

Wait, seriously?! They all have to be done in Crucible, or is that specifically for the Sniper Rifle one?

Ahahahahahahahahaa nah just 2 this time. A weird low impact sniper and a weird fusion rifle.

Eh, I didn't think it was terrible. But that's probably because I haven't played Destiny in months and I'm not sure which snipers are good and which ones aren't.

They're kind of neat and unique but its hard making the adjustment to a new weapon archetype. To be honest the sniper is OK, you can quick tap off a followup if you miss but the flinch is huge and only 4 shot mag. The problem is that it's really frustrating to use unfamiliar weapons in crucible that don't immediately feel amazing.

I'm on that step!

Edit: I should cheese it with some of you all in rumble. Snip me 10 times and be done with it!

I somehow railed off a killstreak with it in cauldron control because the whole other team just crowded a doorway so I guess it just takes one lucky break hahaha.

Mindlog

Apparnetly the yellow bars on Undying Mind aren't Majors

._______.
The ones at the end of the Strike are. Something between 20-32 spawn in total. Easiest place to complete a bunch of different tasks.
The middle part is just about killing the Cyclops quickly and then running past everything. Spam orbs for each other as necessary.

Would anyone be kind to lend a helping hand to be sword bearer on Crota normal I've been running sword but Crota refuses to play nice. PSN MutenTurtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom