• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastasis

Ahahahahahahahahaa nah just 2 this time. A weird low impact sniper and a weird fusion rifle.

They're kind of neat and unique but its hard making the adjustment to a new weapon archetype. To be honest the sniper is OK, you can quick tap off a followup if you miss but the flinch is huge and only 4 shot mag. The problem is that it's really frustrating to use unfamiliar weapons in crucible that don't immediately feel amazing.

I somehow railed off a killstreak with it in cauldron control because the whole other team just crowded a doorway so I guess it just takes one lucky break hahaha.

I'm so, so bad at crucible. I guess I'll try again tomorrow. Only 30% done, but all others are finished.

ElRenoRaven

whoaaaa so I was putzing about in the tower and Dan Miller just jumped in my fireteam. We'd just grouped up once before so I was kinda stunned to see him. Thanked me for running the Vault of Glass newbie raids (thanking me for taking people through a raid that he! worked on! so cool holy crap!) and said they've been following our threads. Gave me a guided tour of the new stuff in the tower, I'm taking things very slow and hadn't seen everything yet, hooked him up with Eva's Atlantean shader and he explained how Armsday works. He also mentioned he is currently working on something "bigger and better" than VoG zomg what is it what is it what is it. Seems like such a cool dude.

As thanks for him being so awesome I have to share this Super Good Advice tweet he put out:

You heard the man! Enjoy it!

Yea Dan is a good guy. Have enjoyed the times we have hooked up and played. Hell I find most of the Bungie folks are usually cool cats.

For anyone who decided to start a fresh character to experience the restructured story, did you get a quest for Shrine of Orynx or Summoning pits?

The questlines split a into Crotas stuff with DLC1 missions, and also into the distress call to Venus.

But Shrine of Orynx and Summoning pits appeared on my moon map even though they weren't given as quests.

Prior to this, every mission was questified

Play how you want of course. If it's more fun for you to rush then rush. I thought it was a point worth replicating for people to whom it applies. Sorry if it was offensive.
Damn so you didn't hear from them either. hrnnnmm

Offensive, no, but perhaps lacking a bit of self-awareness. I don't necessarily want to breeze through TTK's content, but I can't fault anyone for being lost in 2.0 currently.

Perhaps that's a bit of a tangent.

Kalamari

So, I got my FPS+ and have only had a short time to play around with it, but that isn't what this post is about. In order to accommodate my headset I bought a usb sound card, and hot damn, the sound is so much better than plugging the headset into the DS4. It's a life changing experience, DGAF, you should try it. I'm never plugging my headset into the DS4 ever again!

Btw, my sound card was too fat to fit directly into the ps4, so I needed a usb extension for it to work, just a tip for those who consider my advice.

Offensive, no, but perhaps lacking a bit of self-awareness. I don't necessarily want to breeze through TTK's content, but I can't fault anyone for being lost in 2.0 currently.

Perhaps that's a bit of a tangent.

I may or may not have taken most of next week off for TTK. I lack self-awareness, sanity, etc etc.

I'm totally on a tangent. I'm not even directly replying to your comment. Just letting everyone know I may have a problem.

So, I got my FPS+ and have only had a short time to play around with it, but that isn't what this post is about. In order to accommodate my headset I bought a usb sound card, and hot damn, the sound is so much better than plugging the headset into the DS4. It's a life changing experience, DGAF, you should try it. I'm never plugging my headset into the DS4 ever again!

Btw, my sound card was too fat to fit directly into the ps4, so I needed a usb extension for it to work, just a tip for those who consider my advice.

Could you link whatever sound card you're using? I might try this.

Anastasis

So anyone with gunsmith rank 1? Are you able to order anything for next week? I thought I remember them saying in an interview that it would only be after rank 2.

Juraash

So did anyone who tried to contact red bull when their code didn't work hear anything back? I'm sure whoever is handling that in their end is pretty swamped, but I would be curious what other people's turnarounds were.

Don't tease me. Tell me about the Hori Pad.

Actually doing one more Nightfall for coy, so feel free to join. PSN ArkkAngel007

Edit: And runs over. Good one too, with everyone now at 34!

Got the Awoken 3, Rasputin 5, and The Last Word 4 grimoire earlier. Was really cool seeing all that new stuff - the new areas we were in looked very nice, but I'm sure this has been talked about here.

R0ckman

What I'm confused at is why Bungie is afraid of everyone using the same guns, no matter what people are always going to collectively gravitate to the better choices. You see threads with people asking what are the best weapons. Despite this, there are clearly players that will chose the weapons they like that suit their playstyle. I wish Bungie would recognize this more.

Just got kicked off of Destiny and having issues with PSN. Anyone else?

No issues here so far and I'm done for the night. Hopefully that was just an off occurrence for you.

Edit: Received Pest Control Matrix. Seems like a really nice High RoF, High Impact AR. Icarus seems like an odd choice though as far as mods go.

Edit: There's a locking mechanism to avoid dismantling equipment!?

omg i just realized i have Hard Light in my vault.

tumblr_inline_n9gq692Skv1rog1c3.png

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
The few games I played I found it interesting, what don't you like about it?

I don't like that the central mechanic involves camping the middle, but I would let it slide if the respawns weren't so attached with the main mechanic as well.

I understand the need to have your character respawn back at base for protection, however this led to giving the aggressors team way to much time to fan out and dominate the middle all over again while 1 or two people gave a shot at dunking the rift. This happened in all 5 games I played including ones where I was on the winning team (so I'm not saying this from a poor loser mentality). Even in a rift runner stop the opposing team had the middle all locked up by the time the ball was halfway charged

Just my two cents though. I have no real idea how I would try and fix my issues.

shermas

whoaaaa so I was putzing about in the tower and Dan Miller just jumped in my fireteam. We'd just grouped up once before so I was kinda stunned to see him. Thanked me for running the Vault of Glass newbie raids (thanking me for taking people through a raid that he! worked on! so cool holy crap!) and said they've been following our threads. Gave me a guided tour of the new stuff in the tower, I'm taking things very slow and hadn't seen everything yet, hooked him up with Eva's Atlantean shader and he explained how Armsday works. He also mentioned he is currently working on something "bigger and better" than VoG zomg what is it what is it what is it. Seems like such a cool dude.

As thanks for him being so awesome I have to share this Super Good Advice tweet he put out:

You heard the man! Enjoy it!

That's pretty incredible. Amazing story. Nice to see Bungie checking in and following the community.

deoee

I returned from China \o/

All the new stuff... I'm so hyped (when PSN decides to DL me all of this - LOL)

Anyone up for the Nightfall and the Raids later in the day? :)

Year 2 Hard Light when? I fell in love with this weapon immediately, and was so disappointed it wasn't in a viable state. Now, I love it- and I NEED it to come to Year 2 with me. Sorry Suros, you don't fill my needs.

shermas

If any xbones need the Garden Spire for the Stranger Rifle, I'm running that mission right now. I'm not sure if you have to do the entire quest line or not..

If you just need the last mission, send me a note and join in. I deleted mine, so I'm trying to get another one.

Played several hours of Rift on Xbox, my thoughts:

• New maps seem pretty good. I still don't understand the layout of Frontier but finally figured out Vertigo is in a U-shape. Overall they are an improvement from Vanilla maps.
  • Thorn is still a beast, it feels almost exactly the same as it did before patch
  • Auto rifles are better, but are still B-tier weapons due to the high TTK and poor range. I tried a maxed Hard Light, a partially upgraded Suros, and the Summoner, and seemed to do best with Summoner.
  • Vex seems like a mess, it seems to be worse than before, at least with Aggressive Ballistics; I need to re-try it with Smart Drift Control but it seems to me like the nerf to Send It hurts it considerably.
  • Hopscotch Pilgrim with Reactive Reload/Braced Frame/Outlaw still wrecks (just like a 55A-Allfate would with the same perks) so I'm not completely salty about the nerf since I was never able to get my Allfate to roll that perkset.
  • Stranger's rifle isn't nearly as good as it was before, now that Fitted Stock and Accurized Ballistics are nerfed.
  • TLW is just okay now. Seems to take more shots to put someone down, I feel like more of my hipfire misses. Was using Soft Ballistics+Perfect Balance.
  • With the other pulse rifles kicking more, my old Spare Change.25 with Braced Frame/Counterbalance doesn't feel as bad as it used to. I hope I can get a new version of this to drop with those perks, although without re-rolling I guess it will be a lot harder.
  • Felwinter's archetype shotguns don't really feel any different to me at all, playing on my Titan and therefore not trying any blink-shotgun tricks. My Matador 64 with Kneepads and Shot Package was still quite good.
  • I ran around with universal remote and a sniper for the lols and got a positive K/D, I think it's still subpar though. Might be better with a blade dancer using Quick Draw, the handling speed on universal remote feels slow without Snapshot and using that kills the range from Hammer Forged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom