• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magik

I need a break from Red Bull. Time to give these codes out, I will PM you an image of the tab so if it fails you can contact Red Bull with an image of the code/tab. So no guarantees or extras from me this time, when they are gone, they are gone!

First 15 to quote get a code, but please, only if you don't already have one yo :)

I'd love one. Thanks!

I need a break from Red Bull. Time to give these codes out, I will PM you an image of the tab so if it fails you can contact Red Bull with an image of the code/tab. So no guarantees or extras from me this time, when they are gone, they are gone!

First 15 to quote get a code, but please, only if you don't already have one yo :)

A code would be great please. Thanks :)

Am I too late?

Yes please!

ngower

So I bought vanilla Destiny because it was cheaper than $20 and I can trade it in for $20 towards the Taken King stuff. First time player here and I'm just working through the single player stuff, but I kind of have no idea what I'm doing. Obviously just working through missions, but like...am I supposed to be looking for certain types of elements or loot or whatever, or is it just drop-based? I was under the impression there was a bit more of a collection aspect to Destiny.

Any relevant guides for newbz? I'm planning on joining in on a Newbie raid once I'm up there, but as far as setting myself up for success at an early stage is there anything I need to know?

P.S. yes, I am working through the OP...there's a lot of content!

I would love one. Don't have one yet either! Thanks!

Raybunny

You sir!

Edit, I got already so ignore me.

Hope that i'am not too late to this awesome party.

Arrrammis

So I bought vanilla Destiny because it was cheaper than $20 and I can trade it in for $20 towards the Taken King stuff. First time player here and I'm just working through the single player stuff, but I kind of have no idea what I'm doing. Obviously just working through missions, but like...am I supposed to be looking for certain types of elements or loot or whatever, or is it just drop-based? I was under the impression there was a bit more of a collection aspect to Destiny.

Any relevant guides for newbz? I'm planning on joining in on a Newbie raid once I'm up there, but as far as setting myself up for success at an early stage is there anything I need to know?

Most of the collection and endgame stuff comes after you complete the story and get to the higher levels (28+). That said, hold on to the first sparrow and ship that you get, because you can never get them again unless you start a new character.

I will take one if there is still one to be had. Thanks.

Still got one for me?

anx10us

Banned

Please ;-)

shamanick

Don't have one and would appreciate it!

Shito

After one year spent nearly only playing this game, I've only discovered today the "button" to activate the fan on top of the postmaster building in the tower...
#towernoob

Daemul

Went over to a friends house who plays Destiny on Playstation to try it out, got the chance to play Sector 618 for the first time since it isn't on Xbox...

giphy.gif

Lord have mercy

Frostburn

I'd love one! Thanks

Frontier Shell is exclusive to Collector's Edition / Limited Edition of Destiny. If you can find one as new/unopened, so codes aren't used, for bargain price it's your ticket for getting one of those babies.

Edit: Funny how they just took Frontier Shell, changed stripe color and called it a day :D

found the new hotness

Sunlit Shell

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/616180714

you can upgrade this yellow one

hope it is easier to find

The game doesn't really start until after the single player missions are done. I'm only sort of kidding.

Do you enjoy PvP? If so, hop in there as you should get some good drops. If you don't deal in PvP, no worries, just continue to get through the missions and then come back here when ready for a raid. Lots of people, Hawkian in particular, run newbs through raids on a regular basis. I'm happy to help as well.

Xeroblade

Id like one as well thank you!

Sullichin

There's no playlist that just has TTK maps right? I'm really not getting a good grasp learning the new maps because some of them are visually similar to old ones and there's a lot of them. And then Rift on Pantheon keeps coming up.

Namikaze1

Oh thank god the code worked. Brother bought a destiny red bull can. Found it empty on the kitchen counter and I immediately took the code.

ngower

Most of the collection and endgame stuff comes after you complete the story and get to the higher levels (28+). That said, hold on to the first sparrow and ship that you get, because you can never get them again unless you start a new character.

The game doesn't really start until after the single player missions are done. I'm only sort of kidding.

Do you enjoy PvP? If so, hop in there as you should get some good drops. If you don't deal in PvP, no worries, just continue to get through the missions and then come back here when ready for a raid. Lots of people, Hawkian in particular, run newbs through raids on a regular basis. I'm happy to help as well.

Excellent! It seemed like there was something missing, so good to know. I've got some friends I can try to help get me up to the 20s, then I'll hop back in.

I apologize if this was already discussed...

Running patrol in Venus today and picked up a mission beacon. It was garbled with title an description all being ???? instead of letters. Letters would fill in over time and you could figure out what you were supposed to do. Also, it had three objectives in a row instead of just one.
The last objective was Do an Emote

Since no rewards are given right now, anyone know if this a new regular thing or a special rare mission?

Did we ever find out why they were so obscure about telling us that we shouldn't, but at first wouldn't say why?

Yeah. They took your highest level gear in your inventory and "grandfathered" you into that level this past Tuesday. If you had dismantled it earlier, you may have been given a lower starting level.

Tovarisc

Did we ever find out why they were so obscure about telling us that we shouldn't, but at first wouldn't say why?

It was so their system could look at all our gear for classes, in inventory and vault, and determine proper level for them. Now that level is determined and 2.0 is live-ish it's safe to breakdown old legendary gear.

OkayRene

Yeah. They took your highest level gear in your inventory and "grandfathered" you into that level this past Tuesday. If you had dismantled it earlier, you may have been given a lower starting level.

It was so their system could look at all our gear for classes, in inventory and vault, and determine proper level for them. Now that level is determined and 2.0 is live-ish it's safe to breakdown old legendary gear.

Oh ok. So I was always okay to break down unleveled legendaries. Thanks guys!

Do we know when they'll sell those emotes and class items for $20?

Trickster

I just forced myself through the heroic omnigul strike again in order to have enough coins for the hunter helmet xur was selling. Complete it, head over to xur, and the fucker is not there. Turns out he left earlier today.

Why does he leave sunday and not monday? why?

Karl2177

It's also because PvP is normalized. The patch changed up the meta a decent amount, so it was a wise idea to hold onto weapons in case they were buffed in 2.0.

phen0m24

that moment when your offspring plays on your account that you had stuff edged on and says

"I got you a package!"

growl

Thaaaanks

Mindlog

Is anyone else running into a problem with Gjallarhorn Wolfpack round grouping vs Crota?

WEBM

If Wolfpack rounds on the first shot don't bloom then Crota's shields have time to regenerate :\
My Hunter can rely on Hawkface Mask and to a lesser extent incendiary grenades. My Warlock has Starfire Protocol. My Titan is pretty boned. Pulse grenades work sort of and magnetic might, but landing them can be hit or miss.

This never happened before the patch.

chur

Is anyone else running into a problem with Gjallarhorn Wolfpack round grouping vs Crota?

WEBM

If Wolfpack rounds on the first shot don't bloom then Crota's shields have time to regenerate :
My Hunter can rely on Hawkface Mask and to a lesser extent incendiary grenades. My Warlock has Starfire Protocol. My Titan is pretty boned. Pulse grenades work sort of and magnetic might, but landing them can be hit or miss.

This never happened before the patch.
I haven't done Crota this week but I have noticed that the ghally doesn't bloom as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom