• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeletron

Newb here looking to join anyone for VoG, Crota, or Skolas. I have a level 34 defender with Saint-14. Never done any of the raids. I have a mic.

Traxus12 on PSN.

Only because they were easy kills.

Pulse Rifles killing across the map in 2 shots are far more annoying to me and they're just as easy to use as Hand Cannons were.

Thorn and The Last Word are gone but the game has otherwise gotten worse.

Totally agree

Only because they were easy kills.

Pulse Rifles killing across the map in 2 shots are far more annoying to me and they're just as easy to use as Hand Cannons were.

That makes sense though. I'm cool getting killed within an acceptable range by a pulse, it's a mid-long range weapon. Whether or not they are easier to use or not is irrelevant imo.

That makes sense though. I'm cool getting killed within an acceptable range by a pulse, it's a mid-long range weapon. Whether or not they are easier to use or not is irrelevant imo.

I disagree. Nothing that can kill in 2 shots across the map should be easy to use and Pulse Rifles that can do so are far too forgiving.

Hand Cannons sniping across the map was an aim assist problem, not a range problem. You can't hit stuff at long range with a Hand Cannon consistently if the aim assist drops off.

I'm not using Pulse Rifles because they aren't fun to use and they aren't fun to fight against. Maybe there is a wider variety of weapons on the field now than there were before, but I think the game has gotten more shallow for it. 2 shot kill Pulse Rifles are going to be the new meta and it'll be the same thing all over again, only your screen wont be turning green.

Mupod

Haven't really played since MGS5 came out and I'm gonna do some Crucible later. I read the weapon patch notes and the pulse rifle changes didn't seem like huge buffs. Or buffs at all. Are they that much better or is it just that they didn't get nerfed as hard as the other go-to weapons?

Regardless I liked Messenger better than the handcannons so I will stick with it. Hoping to find a nice fusion rifle to go with it. I have Plan C leveled but I've also got Pocket Infinity lying around.

I read the weapon patch notes and the pulse rifle changes didn't seem like huge buffs. Or buffs at all. Are they that much better or is it just that they didn't get nerfed as hard as the other go-to weapons?

Regardless I liked Messenger better than the handcannons so I will stick with it. Hoping to find a nice fusion rifle to go with it. I have Plan C leveled but I've also got Pocket Infinity lying around.

Hand Cannons got nerfed and Pulse Rifles are overstepping into their niche. Autos are still useless and Scouts are only good if they're rapid fire.

Current weapon tiers:

Pulse Rifles
Scout Rifles
Hand Cannons
Auto RIfles

noomi

ooooo!

11th ghost found! Doesn't need to be glitched either!

this is the 2nd new ghost in the black garden. I cannot understand how people find these lol

Youtube Link

I went to look at the new exotic armor perks for the new armor and I must say that the Titan is not the bad

many of complained that Titan got the worst of it but I disagree, I think the Hunter got the worst batch of new exoitic armor for Year 2 new ones.

Only GRAVITON FORFEIT and SEALED AHAMKARA GRASPS interest me for the Hunter.

while Titan has the TAIKONAUT that gives free tracking on Rockets which pretty much makes any Grenades and Horseshoe RL turn it a poor man's Truth

IMMOLATION FISTS gauntlets free up a Sunbreaker perk Explosive Pyre. Free perks are welcomed.

the DUNEMARCHERS leg armor which makes your guy sprint faster, slide further, increased movement speed while aiming

I really need to see how the new weapons play. I expect them to be mostly identical to current ones, but I'm holding out hope that somehow the new ones will shake up the current meta.

I really need to see how the new weapons play. I expect them to be mostly identical to current ones, but I'm holding out hope that somehow the new ones will shake up the current meta.

I don't think the new weapons are doing anything significant that the old weapons aren't capable of, and even if they were the old weapons would still be in play for normal Crucible.

The meta might shift for level advantages enabled playlists, but if the new stuff is inferior to the old stuff, I don't anticipate it shifting beyond that.

Trickster

I think churmom is a no-show, want to join up our VoG HM? Just need one more assuming Afro's network issues resolve.

I already did normal VoG this week, dunno if I can do HM as well on that same character?

I'd love to join if I can though. light lvl 145 ish, no mic

PSN - SC-Trickster

Let me know and I'll go boot up the ps4
Edit - I see someone beat me to it

I don't think the new weapons are doing anything that the old weapons aren't capable of, and even if they were the old weapons would still be in play for normal Crucible.

That's what I figured. Just hoping. As for regular Crucible play I imagine we'll see mostly the new stuff and not too many people using old guns. I sure as hell will only use the new stuff because I want to be comfortable with the weapons I'll end up using for trials and Iron Banner.

That's what I figured. Just hoping. As for regular Crucible play I imagine we'll see mostly the new stuff and not too many people using old guns. I sure as hell will only use the new stuff because I want to be comfortable with the weapons I'll end up using for trials and Iron Banner.

i'm hoping there's a Hand Cannon I can roll with Icarus and Firefly. Beyond that, the new stuff doesn't particularly interest me for Crucible. Now more than ever, especially on these maps, I'll need to retain the ability to shoot while moving. Pulse Rifles don't do that, and Sidearms only do it up close.

X-Frame

I went to look at the new exotic armor perks for the new armor and I must say that the Titan is not the bad

many of complained that Titan got the worst of it but I disagree, I think the Hunter got the worst batch of new exoitic armor for Year 2 new ones.

Only GRAVITON FORFEIT and SEALED AHAMKARA GRASPS interest me for the Hunter.

while Titan has the TAIKONAUT that gives free tracking on Rockets which pretty much makes any Grenades and Horseshoe RL turn it a poor man's Truth

IMMOLATION FISTS gauntlets free up a Sunbreaker perk Explosive Pyre. Free perks are welcomed.

the DUNEMARCHERS leg armor which makes your guy sprint faster, slide further, increased movement speed while aiming

Or the Titan chest piece that provides an in-air evade, that one could be very interesting if it still allows the Titan to maintain their air speed/momentum.

ocean

Banned
I'll just say this: if there were a playlist with 1.2 weapon balaning instead of 2.0 I'd only ever play there. Don't like this slow long range pulse situation.

Trace

Banned
I'll just say this: if there were a playlist with 1.2 weapon vauqvcinf instead of 2.0 I'd only ever play there. Don't like this slow long range pulse situation.

Could always be some broken stuff in TTK, don't judge too much on this one week.

I'll just say this: if there were a playlist with 1.2 weapon balaning instead of 2.0 I'd only ever play there. Don't like this slow long range pulse situation.

1.2 was bad - let's not soon forget - but this didn't fix it properly.

It was nice to see people experiment throughout the week, but everyone has quickly discovered that high impact pulse rifles are the king and now the game is essentially the same with different skins. That's fantastic news for Pulse Rifle users, but for everyone else it only foreshadows another season of power creep.

FyreWulff

Also, with House of Wolves PvP maps going free:

After 1 year of Destiny:

Free maps: 18

Paid maps: 8 (7 on Xbox)

After 8 years of Halo 3 in 2015:

Free maps: 15

Paid maps: 9

Karl2177

I don't know what happened to Tower Ghost, but man is it slow as shit now.

i'm hoping there's a Hand Cannon I can roll with Icarus and Firefly. Beyond that, the new stuff doesn't particularly interest me for Crucible. Now more than ever, especially on these maps, I'll need to retain the ability to shoot while moving. Pulse Rifles don't do that, and Sidearms only do it up close.

I have a 55AllFate with hip fire and counter balance. It's fairly good at being able to shoot at people while still moving.

Yeah I really hope I can find a suitable hand cannon. Using other weapons just doesn't feel right. Scouts are okay feeling, but pulse rifles and ARs just make me feel like I'm shooting peashooters that somehow wreck.

I don't know what happened to Tower Ghost, but man is it slow as shit now.

I have a 55AllFate with hip fire and counter balance. It's fairly good at being able to shoot at people while still moving.

That sounds like something I can look into, but it depends on the gun model. Pulse Rifles are distracting.

I mean, what is this?
SilveredContinuumMSCPulseRifle.png

Bungie pls
B9WI5hECAAAibAu.jpg:large

bitsurugi

Anyone knows how muck rep you get for the Queen if you finish the HoW quest line? I got the feeling it ain't enough for me to rank up, need like 1200 rep, getting 65 per step...

FyreWulff

ayy where are you getting 18 free maps? I only count 7

habit from halo days, where everyone generally called the base maps 'free'.

only counting DLC, it's 7 free for Destiny after one year, and 3 free for Halo 3 after 8 years. Reach is at zero after 5...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom