• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
Speaking of high impact HCs, I have an Ill Will with the Ikarus, Extended Mag, and Hipfire. Why can't I get that on my Fulcrum, Banshee? This is not the gun to be an aerial cowboy with, heh.

Welcome to why no one uses any high impact hand cannon that isn't Hawkmoon.

Yea I just looked over the chart again.

2b325d667180e3e5691b167061d7208c.png

This makes no sense.

Faster should take more shots.
Slower should take less shots.

If Word of Crota kills faster than the Jewel with the same amount of shots, why am I using the Jewel?

Trace

Banned
I just hate how rigid they force you to play. Bungie has done the PR justice but damn, how can I go back to basically playing Halo-lite once I tasted how awesome and fast paced TLW made this game. I feel like HCs (well TLW at least) where indicative of this game's true spirit of fun instead of this slow ass burst junk.

Like I legit feel like I'm fucked now when I play solo because PRs encourage team shotting and forcing you to play with others and taking things super safe in order have a chance. Yes it encourages team work but I hate that I feel handicapped to use a bland workhorse PR because others couldn't get over the skill gap for TLW.

People can complain about TLW all the want but it wasn't the easy mode the way Thorn was. If you killed me with TLW I trust you knew what you were doing instead of being a lazy cheapo with Thorn. It's a shame I see so few up in arms about TLW's death and swaths of people on Reddit and the like are all "GJ Bungie, Crucible feels so good and balanced now trollface.jpg".

If I'm being honest, it's the dudes who didn't main TLW in the first place (aka most of the population) who are the only ones that are happy.

It just boggles my mind that THORN is still usable at close to mid, while TLW has been rekt to shit.

I've said it before but even if my team was shit I could count on TLW to let me destroy individual targets, and now good luck doing that against a team of competent PR users with your own slow ass PR.

Again, none of this is a problem with competent teammates but that is not the case at all with randoms in this game. Next to Titanfall, I feel like this is one of the bigger FPSes where you see maybe one or two dudes who destroy on the leaderboards and a whole bunch of -0.9 guys.

Damn yo, I'm just salty asf, I feel like Batman and my Robin has been murdered and now I got this fat, slow Robin who is so sloooooow to react.

Ayyyyy dis rant felt good tho. #notsorry

The Last Word was worse than Thorn at the end there. You could not contest that weapon with any other weapon at Crucible-ranges, except for Shotguns. It was absolutely ridiculous, and I'm happy that it's gone.

I just hate how rigid they force you to play. Bungie has done the PR justice but damn, how can I go back to basically playing Halo-lite once I tasted how awesome and fast paced TLW made this game. I feel like HCs (well TLW at least) where indicative of this game's true spirit of fun instead of this slow ass burst junk.

Like I legit feel like I'm fucked now when I play solo because PRs encourage team shotting and forcing you to play with others and taking things super safe in order have a chance. Yes it encourages team work but I hate that I feel handicapped to use a bland workhorse PR because others couldn't get over the skill gap for TLW.

People can complain about TLW all the want but it wasn't the easy mode the way Thorn was. If you killed me with TLW I trust you knew what you were doing instead of being a lazy cheapo with Thorn. It's a shame I see so few up in arms about TLW's death and swaths of people on Reddit and the like are all "GJ Bungie, Crucible feels so good and balanced now trollface.jpg".

If I'm being honest, it's the dudes who didn't main TLW in the first place (aka most of the population) who are the only ones that are happy.

It just boggles my mind that THORN is still usable at close to mid, while TLW has been rekt to shit.

I've said it before but even if my team was shit I could count on TLW to let me destroy individual targets, and now good luck doing that against a team of competent PR users with your own slow ass PR.

Again, none of this is a problem with competent teammates but that is not the case at all with randoms in this game. Next to Titanfall, I feel like this is one of the bigger FPSes where you see maybe one or two dudes who destroy on the leaderboards and a whole bunch of -0.9 guys.

Damn yo, I'm just salty asf, I feel like Batman and my Robin has been murdered and now I got this fat, slow Robin who is so sloooooow to react.

Ayyyyy dis rant felt good tho. #notsorry

The day this turns into a teamshooting game is the day I'm done. If I wanted teamshooting I'd play Halo. You can't have a teamshooting game when there are a million OHK abilities in the game.

This makes no sense.

If Word of Crota kills faster than the Jewel with the same amount of shots, why am I using the Jewel?

Word of Crota is surprisingly useful lol.

Frenden

Banned

This makes no sense.

Yeah.

I've got two Revelators (Word of Crota class HC, the faster firing like you point out) and an Up the Ante and think that rolling those for nimble play might be the better route for up close HC encounters.

Even the medium RoF HCs are too slow against the super accurate, low ttk PRs right now.

But a Revelator (awesome AA, awesome ADS, awesome overall handling values), might just be able to spam yourself out of a situation.

I did a test yesterday with my Hori (my first time using the rapid fire) and found that a Revelator with auto-fire felt more like an old TLW than the current TLW. Sad.

I won't be using the autofire because it feels too cheaty, but it was interesting to see what a non-nerfed high RoF HC felt like with autofire and decent AA. TLW's accuracy really got nerfed well beyond the legendary HCs in that class.

What's the point of a low impact pulse if it takes 5 bursts to kill someone?

It fires faster than high impact, meaning you can ping someone at long range consistently and have more changes to correct your shots. If you miss with the Messenger, you're fucked.

The numbers are not perfect but that's the general direction I want to see Bungie go. If rate of fire doesn't affect the number of shots it takes to kill, then I don't see the point in having different RoF tiers to begin with.

It fires faster than high impact, meaning you can ping someone at long range consistently and have more changes to correct your shots. If you miss with the Messenger, you're fucked.

The numbers are not perfect but that's the general direction I want to see Bungie go. If rate of fire doesn't affect the number of shots it takes to kill, then I don't see the point in having different RoF tiers to begin with.

The different RoF tiers are for different skill levels. If you can headshot go high RoF, if not go high impact.

ocean

Banned

As it is, all hand cannons are 3 headshot kills. High impact tiers don't help at all. Revelator, Thorn and Word of Crota are the only HCs I can think of with low impact but they've got the best Time to Kill in their weapon class right now, ignoring Exotic perk fuckery.

HC damage and TTK is fine I think. But their accuracy is too low and PR range too high, leading to a slower longer distance game I'm slowly accepting I won't like.

Typically, the faster the rate of fire, the more trouble you'll have consistently hitting crits over a given period.

Anyway, I guess my main point was that there is a sweet spot for every weapon class. High impact HCs may not be that sweet spot for that weapon class, but neither are low impact pulses. Why would you use either one?

Need some info about how the year one rewards will work for taken king.

I have preordered and paid for the taken king dlc on psn on my ps4.
I have also paid for a taken king limited ed PS4 console that comes with the CE taken king.

My brother is using a sub account on another PS4. He plays destiny like me, been hooked since it was released.
My plan was to give him the blu ray disc to install after i have installed it. Will he still get the year one rewards that way?

Typically, the faster the rate of fire, the more trouble you'll have consistently hitting crits over a given period.

Anyway, I guess my main point was that there is a sweet spot for every weapon class. High impact HCs may not be that sweet spot for that weapon class, but neither are low impact pulses. Why would you use either one?

Well look at how the Special weapons do it:

low impact sniper rifles can double body tap or kill a lot of enemies in quick succession
high impact sniper rifles can revive snipe and snipe through supers, but require more precision

low impact shotguns have a faster rate of fire
high impact shotguns are slow

low impact fusion rifles have faster charge times
high impact fusion rifles have slower charge times

They all have tradeoffs. If there's no reason to use a weapon tier outside of its sweetspot, then it may as well not exist. Bungie's just making a bunch of junk weapons at that point.

ocean

Banned

Low impact Pulse Rifles are hard to use effectively but at least hypothetically they have the best TTK in their weapon class.

High impact HCs are no easier to use, clunky as hell, and slowest to kill. Literally nothing about them is attractive.

Edited: I means high impact HCs

Trickster

Crota's End HM!

1. Liam_Croft

I'll join. Though I'm probably an undergeared ( 150 ish light level ) striker titan. And I have never done the raid before...and I dunno if I can get my mic to work.

If that's okay, then my psn is SC-Trickster

That sounds sloppy to me and it's why there are so many clear choices when it comes to the meta game.

Yeah it makes me avoid the 55A class of pulse rifle completely. No point in using it when you can just as easily land the same amount of headshots in a shorter period of time. It's why Mida is the only competitive scout too.

Trace

Banned
Low impact Pulse Rifles are hard to use effectively but at least hypothetically they have the best TTK in their weapon class.

Low impact HCs are no easier to use, clunky as hell, and slowest to kill. Literally nothing about them is attractive.

Are we looking at the same stats? You mean High-Impact right? Low-impact HCs have the fastest TTK of all HCs.

If you can't admit that TLW was OP as fuck, then I dunno what to say to you.

I don't think anyone will disagree that a 0.26 second kill time on a primary while aiming down sights is unfair.

But biased as it may be, I would rather play a game dominated by Last Words than one dominated by 2 burst Pulse Rifles.

I don't need the raids for Triumph
I would need 46 PVP kills and a whole lot of Gold Chests
I suck at PVP no way will I get 46 kills by deadline

just want to do a Raid at least once

Tovarisc

I never went on a raid before

so got lost in the menu I do not have a headset for mic so I heard everyone in the party

oh well

Decent headphones and mic is all you need for raiding imho, especially if doing with friends and community. Hopefully first little rough experience didn't burn too bad and you give raiding new go some time.

DjRalford

Need some info about how the year one rewards will work for taken king.

I have preordered and paid for the taken king dlc on psn on my ps4.
I have also paid for a taken king limited ed PS4 console that comes with the CE taken king.

My brother is using a sub account on another PS4. He plays destiny like me, been hooked since it was released.
My plan was to give him the blu ray disc to install after i have installed it. Will he still get the year one rewards that way?

You will not have to install the disc if you already have the download, the expansions etc come as codes afaik

The rewards will likely be a code also, contained within the CE

Frenden

Banned
If you can't admit that TLW was OP as fuck, then I dunno what to say to you.

It was. And it needed a nerf. But I think they went too far.

Fixing the ADS glitch and reducing the range was all it needed. It feels like the accuracy is in the toilet even at close range, though.

And then there's the general hip fire nerf Bungie made

1328295584821.jpg

Too many grenades. Too many AoE supers. Too many obstructed lines of sight. I don't want to stand still.

DjRalford

I have the download on my old
Ps4 but have not yet received the new limited ed PS4.. Will have to re-download it or use the disc i get with the console.

If you use the disc to install you will have to play from the disc, your better off downloading from your library, but that means the base game and the massive patch, so it'll take a while.

If you ordered the expansion on PSN, if you want both of you to have the year one rewards you'll have to buy the digital pack when it becomes available for you, and give the whole CE away so they get the rewards also.

Decent headphones and mic is all you need for raiding imho, especially if doing with friends and community. Hopefully first little rough experience didn't burn too bad and you give raiding new go some time.

seems such a major part of the game

Strikes are so easy to join so I never really thought about it
does an iPhone earbud work for speaking on PS4?

I never went on a raid before

so got lost in the menu I do not have a headset for mic so I heard everyone in the party

oh well

Don't worry about it, though its a bit difficult to see what your doing/get you to join with no mic. Do you not have the pack in ear piece or iPhone earbuds? They work just fine

I'll try to get you through one tomorrow, if I know you have no mic from the start it will be easier

DjRalford

It was funny when I went back to Halo MCC and had to remind myself that I could actually snipe somebody while I was in the air. In Destiny, you have to do a button combo to pull that off.

Whats with the lack of weapon power from the air? is it designed to stop hoppers?

Tovarisc

seems such a major part of the game

Strikes are so easy to join so I never really thought about it
does an iPhone earbud work for speaking on PS4?

Afaik it does, yes.

Even now VoG, CE and PoE being in farm and something "vets" rolfstomp through with 1-2 newbies in tow they still require some communications via VOIP. Also don't stress too much about being first timer, we all started raiding from that point.

Simbo

Neo Member
Wondering if anyone can help........

For the past few weeks none of my friends can join my fireteam. I have to send them an invite before they can join. It was absolutely fine since launch and I havent changed any settings.

There is some instructions on the Bungie website that I have followed (Xbox dash > Friends > My Profile > Join In > Destiny > Change setting to Set to joinable) but that hasnt helped.

My Xbox tells me my NAT is open.

Completely stumped with this and its becoming very annoying.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom