• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Man I hope there is some kind of really fun gun in TTK that will be good in PVP because if the new meta is gonna consist of pulse rifles for days I'm gonna be out....zzzzzz.

I'm just thankful that most people are choosing to compliment their Pulse with a Shotgun instead of with a sniper, because a Pulse/Scout Rifle + Sniper rifle meta is my worst possible nightmare, the camping that would go on in games would put the campfests that currently go on in Rift to shame. That would be the end of Destiny PvP for me tbh, I wouldn't touch it again once it became like that.

Pulse Rifles having such long range and sucking so much close up is a real bummer.

At least when HCs were snipers they were also super easy to use close up. Now everybody uses a pulse which means gunfights take place at a distance, but they get super slow and awkward up close.

I miss how easily you could maneuver and engage close up with TLW. The range cut was necessary but the accuracy hit was excessive.

Now I feel pacing is too slow. If fights slowed because of lower damage I wouldn't mind. But fights getting slow because you can't hit the damn opponent with slow-aiming pulses or inaccurate hand cannons? Ugh

HCs need accuracy and Pulse range needs to get cut so HCs, Pulse and Scout each dominate their respective ranges (HC close, PR mid, SR long). That, along with the death of the Felwinter's archetype (mod them all to Judgment tier impact / RoF) to remove one shot at long range / make Fusion viable...and we'd be at a great place.

As it is, quick strafing Pulse at long range for slow ass battles where so many bullets go wasted is more balanced but less fun than what we had a week ago.

Yeah, you're right, PvP is the most balanced it's been since launch, but lord is it boring to watch and play. Sweaties aren't very fun to watch anymore, the pace of them has slowed down considerably now that everyone is rocking Pulse's and Scouts, the Warrior playstyle has become extinct.

Say what you want about Thorn + Blink Shotgun meta and how unfair and cheap it was, but the top players turned it into an entertaining art form which was fantastic to behold. Hopefully the new guns will allow both the warrior and passive play to thrive, that would be true balance.

Man I hope there is some kind of really fun gun in TTK that will be good in PVP because if the new meta is gonna consist of pulse rifles for days I'm gonna be out....zzzzzz.

I want something that's flexible and has style. I got a lot of hope in the Chaperone being cool at least.

This pulse rifle shit is worse than Hand Cannons IMO.

Well, nothing's worse than age of Thorn but Pulse Rifles are as bad as Autos were.

Kalamari

Pulse Rifles having such long range and sucking so much close up is a real bummer.

At least when HCs were snipers they were also super easy to use close up. Now everybody uses a pulse which means gunfights take place at a distance, but they get super slow and awkward up close.

I miss how easily you could maneuver and engage close up with TLW. The range cut was necessary but the accuracy hit was excessive.

Now I feel pacing is too slow. If fights slowed because of lower damage I wouldn't mind. But fights getting slow because you can't hit the damn opponent with slow-aiming pulses or inaccurate hand cannons? Ugh

HCs need accuracy and Pulse range needs to get cut so HCs, Pulse and Scout each dominate their respective ranges (HC close, PR mid, SR long). That, along with the death of the Felwinter's archetype (mod them all to Judgment tier impact / RoF) to remove one shot at long range / make Fusion viable...and we'd be at a great place.

As it is, quick strafing Pulse at long range for slow ass battles where so many bullets go wasted is more balanced but less fun than what we had a week ago.

Have you tried Red Death and snapshot? It might alleviate your problem with low aiming PRs.

ocean

Banned
I'm just thankful that most people are choosing to compliment their Pulse with a Shotgun instead of with a sniper, because a Pulse/Scout Rifle + Sniper rifle meta is my worst possible nightmare, the camping that would go on in games would put the campfests that currently go on in Rift to shame. That would be the end of Destiny PvP for me tbh, I wouldn't touch it again once it became like that.

Yeah, you're right, PvP is the most balanced it's been since launch, but lord is it boring to watch and play. Sweaties aren't very fun to watch anymore, the pace of them has slowed down considerably now that everyone is rocking Pulse's and Scouts, the Warrior playstyle has become extinct.

Say what you want about Thorn + Blink Shotgun meta and how unfair and cheap it was, but the top players turned it into an entertaining art form which was fantastic to behold.
The thing is, high level play had room for Thorn/TLW/Sniper/Shotgun and all of these got used.

With Thorn and TLW having the range they had, many things took place at mid range. But quick snipers also managed the long range. And close up was a big focus with shotguns and TLW.

Now it's like everybody stays on their side firing slow Messenger bursts across the map and it's sad. Part of this is probably how garbage our Super/Frenade cooldowns are. Mayhem feels more like pre 2.0 with a lot more close up engagements, but it's ultimately madness.

I think Pulse Rifles having such huge range and perfect accuracy will slow the game down way too much.

darthbob

wQAWIr2.jpg
rSNxqPa.jpg

3VF-LGC-RLX

Cool.

Not super interesting, but it looks like this emblem used to be another emblem called Star Antigen.

ocean

Banned
Have you tried Red Death and snapshot? It might alleviate your problem with low aiming PRs.
It's not so much RoF or ADS speed, it's the field of view. Quickly turning to aim at a close up opponent with Pulse Rifles is trickier than with HCs. Close up, things get awkward compared to the relative ease with which you can keep your sights on a nearby opponent with a HC. Problem is, HC accuracy is now so garbage that keeping them on sights means nothing. Range cut was needed but the accuracy nerf means there's no comfortable close up scenario with primaries right now IMO which incentivized shotgun spam despite their being less effective now

neoism

fucking shitstop...
:(

you only get the 20 bone trade in bonus for physical leg version. really dont want a disc just to use it as a key unlock...
not sure .. what do?

Strider

Finally got Monte Carlo. Only took a whole year(I was delighted though especially with the buff).

I've been doing pretty well with it in PvP recently.
It was the first exotic I ever got in vanilla destiny. Leveled it up all the way and it still sucked so I'm just glad I can use it now.

Who else will be sharing the pain of waiting for their GameStop/EB to open to get their TTK CE before being able to play Tuesday morning?
Might want to check your local store to see if they are doing a midnight event. Mine is, and since I'm in California, they are actually holding it at 9pm Monday night. Bit of a pain to have to go wait in line, but I should be set well before servers go live.

Might want to check your local store to see if they are doing a midnight event. Mine is, and since I'm in California, they are actually holding it at 9pm Monday night. Bit of a pain to have to go wait in line, but I should be set well before servers go live.

Already checked :(

No dice. Thanks for the tip tho

Well, nothing's worse than age of Thorn but Pulse Rifles are as bad as Autos were.

I used to play with thorn for a while then stopped as i liked TLW more, it was a harder gun to play with and it had some cool animations. I didnt see Thorn as a problem even after getting killed by it many times. I still killed thorn users as well. Im not saying that thorn isnt OP, cause it is, but i dont have an issue with that at all, i stilled killed thorn users.

I am currently still using TLW but its worse than before obviously and sometimes its just downright useless. They nerfed it way to much imo.

I dont like this new meta, I hate auto rifles and pulse, they are no fun to play with compared to a handcannon. I equipped my bad juju and wrecked in pvp today, 20+ kills in almost all of the matches i played. Same with the messenger. I still didnt enjoy playing with them like i do with HC :-(

I think Bungie might have ruined PVP for me unless some new handcannon arrives that is fun to play with.

Nope. TLW/Hawkmoon/Thorn can go die and fuck themselves.

yea let's take one 2 shot kill weapon you can move around with and change it to another 2 shot kill weapon you have to stand still to use.

these aren't Battle Rifles. You're glued to the ground when you use them and when you fight against them you flinch all over the place.

I've disliked Pulse Rifles since Day 1 and this new meta cements that dislike.

Bogeypop

I'm up for VoG.

im down psn v1br4t1ons

I'm game. Psn thaennon

I'm game for VoG runs, NM or HM. I just want exotics. I'm not on Destiny atm but if anyone allows me to join, I'll hop on.

I'll join. PSN churmom

Since Marvel's eating and three_muffins went with mehrmentrout's group, I guess I'll take Biggy instead, that's six. Gonna start sending out FRs and Invites

I disagree the way things are is way better than it was before. Having hand cannons kill you from across the map was BS.

I disagree the way things are is way better than it was before. Having hand cannons kill you from across the map was BS.

Only because they were easy kills.

Pulse Rifles killing across the map in 2 shots are far more annoying to me and they're just as easy to use as Hand Cannons were.

Thorn and The Last Word are gone but the game has otherwise gotten worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom