• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be home all day that day.

No I won't watch any of the streams going on as much as I want. Gonna try and get my Titan gear ready.

Missed this earlier. I'll be available to go whenever on Friday. I'll probably stay away from the thread though, so make sure to message me on PSN.

Ramirez

faction exotics allow you to wear them with other exotic armors

also in regards to random perks: I haven't seen anything in regards to gear from the taken king that doesn't have reforge icon in the databases.

Ah, coulda swore someone said the TTK CE exotic pieces counted, do they have different rules, or maybe they were just wrong.

Need a third for lv35 PoE on PS4, if anyone can help.

Usernames TotalBiscuit257. Not tried it before, so would really appreciate if someone can help us out!

You still need help? I could hop in now.

I'm looking for a group on PS4 to help me kill skolas on hard. I'm 34 in all classes. Psn The_Reckoning thanks

I can do some more runs tonight if you're still looking.

I kinda sorta wanna hit triple digit Skolas clears before TTK, haha. Nothing else to do.

EL CUCO

I actually like Drifter - has a nice flow to it.

When does Mayhem end?
Drifter has flow? I couldn't tell, I was too busy weaving through tunnels getting bumped around by my teammates.

I would imagine once TTK drops, it'll depend if Bungie will keep Mayhem in the rotation for another week.

Ah, coulda swore someone said the TTK CE exotic pieces counted, do they have different rules, or maybe they were just wrong.

I already have my CE exotics and I cannot wear them with any other exotic armor piece

but faction exotics is news to me
I think more console had a video about it as a rumor

EloquentM

aka Mannny
wait?

wait

so what if I get one exotic piece from each faction can I wear all exotics or do factions just give one type of exotic like the cape but never boots or helmets

They only reward class items like capes, marks, and bonds at level 25. these class items can be worn even if you have another exotic armor slot used.

:( Sorry doc I was woefully out of practice. Hence my above comment. Appreciate your patience and I need to sharpen up for sure.

Sorry for super slow reply, but no worries Colonel! It was a fun run plus taught me some useful sherpa skills e.g. Instead of saying "grab it grab it grab it" say "grab it *name of person who's turn it is*" since things get hectic and it's easy to forget whose turn it is.

Glad we got it done for your friend! Hopefully I can still help Scarlet, it always makes me sad to hear about people wasting a bunch of time on Skolas then losing the progress due to no CP ;_;

I already have my CE exotics and I cannot wear them with any other exotic armor piece

but faction exotics is news to me
I think more console had a video about it as a rumor

Yeah don't bother with MoreConsole his videos are pretty trash. PlanetDestiny.com is a much better source for anything you want to know.

todd360

Missed this earlier. I'll be available to go whenever on Friday. I'll probably stay away from the thread though, so make sure to message me on PSN.

I will stay away from the thread as well. Math said shes not sure yet about raiding on friday. Said she might be busy last time I talked to her.

Magik

Yeah don't bother with MoreConsole his videos are pretty trash. PlanetDestiny.com is a much better source for anything you want to know.

I'd say most Destiny Youtubers are trash and I would say as well that Planet Destiny would be a more reliable source of information.

ocean

Banned
Not having a Raid group = sad Ocean

Anybody need one more in their team? I'll be on when it goes live and available all weekend long to keep going.

well yeah more console seems to be a PR guy he never complains everything is HYPE
still has info tho he has access

love Planet Destiny a lot spent hours for the podcasts even if most is PVP talk which I do not play

Magik

Anybody need one more in their team? I'll be on when it goes live and available all weekend long to keep going.

I'll be available that day as well. (psn: x_Magik_ox)

I think we can quickly build a group.

noomi

Edit: Top of the page:
Shout outz to ma brothers Noomi and Nuszka.

Hey dude, you should have no problem getting a group together, i know lots of people will be looking to team up.

Not to worry we will still raid again :D

Wow that faction quest reward looks insane! It gives all the atributes and can be equipped at the same time as other exotics and still has other perks wow. My highest rank is 12 tho :(

Where are you seeing the reward? I have the dead orbit quest almost finished.

Messiek and commish are putting a group together it seems :)

GhaleonEB

RE: saving bounties to cash in on the 15th.

I was doing this until I realized two things. First, the ~eight or so story missions are probably designed to get us to 40 anyways, like the old campaign was designed to get us from 1-20. So there's not much point other than to hit a number sooner.

The other is the fact that story missions don't have the option of increasing the difficulty above the fixed level; there's the normal mode, and the much harder setting. Doesn't seem to be in between ones like before. So leveling up a few times, early, will just make you blow through the campaign that much more easily. If you're trying to power through for the raid, I suppose that makes sense, but it will make that first campaign romp a lot less fun, or at least, challenging.

Bonus #3 reason: the XP awarded from story missions scales to how over or under leveled you are. If you run a 34 story mission as a level 38 player, you're going to get a LOT less XP than normal. It will at least partly offset the gains from dumping bounties on the 15h.

At any rate, I piled up 10 of them, and then cashed them out last week when I realized I want to take that first campaign run slowly.

Unrelated, I noticed this last night. The tower on Mars bears a more than passing resemblance to the bases on Valhalla. Wish I could get a shot from that angle further back, as the tower height and general shape is similar to the spire from the MP map.

COwpZyLUwAAbA63.jpg

Since we're talking factions, for those interested:

New Monarchy
Pulse Rifle - NONE
Scout Rifle - NONE
Auto Rifle - Righteous VII
Hand Cannon - Appellant III
Sniper - Antimony XVI
Shotgun - Burden of Proof XI
Fusion Rifle - NONE
Sidearm - Conviction II
Rocket Launcher - NONE
Machine Gun - Objection IV

Dead Orbit
Pulse Rifle - NONE
Scout Rifle - Hung Jury SR4
Auto Rifle - Paleocontact JPK-43
Hand Cannon - NONE
Sniper - Extrasolar RR4
Shotgun - Patch-A
Fusion Rifle - Hitchhiker FR4
Sidearm - NONE
Rocket Launcher - Ceres Lost BMJ-46
Machine Gun - NONE

Future War Cult
Pulse Rifle - The Villiany
Scout Rifle - NONE
Auto Rifle - NONE
Hand Cannon - The Vanity
Sniper - NONE
Shotgun - NONE
Fusion Rifle - The Vacancy and The Vortex
Sidearm - NONE
Rocket Launcher - The Vertigo
Machine Gun - The Variable

Some interesting new perks, sniper rifles that highlight enemies with low health or ARs that highlight enemies with charged supers.

Upset that it looks like they won't just give each faction one of each weapon type, especially with two FWC fusion rifles showing up.

Deku Tree

What is a "poopsock"? Hasn't LS already played TTK?

@thislukesmith: T-minus 36 hours. What are your plans for TTK day? I'm gonna do a 20+ hour poopsock session on 9/15 starting at 2am. Grocery store trip inc

Kyoufu

RE: saving bounties to cash in on the 15th.

I was doing this until I realized two things. First, the ~eight or so story missions are probably designed to get us to 40 anyways, like the old campaign was designed to get us from 1-20. So there's not much point other than to hit a number sooner.

The other is the fact that story missions don't have the option of increasing the difficulty above the fixed level; there's the normal mode, and the much harder setting. Doesn't seem to be in between ones like before. So leveling up a few times, early, will just make you blow through the campaign that much more easily. If you're trying to power through for the raid, I suppose that makes sense, but it will make that first campaign romp a lot less fun, or at least, challenging.

Bonus #3 reason: the XP awarded from story missions scales to how over or under leveled you are. If you run a 34 story mission as a level 38 player, you're going to get a LOT less XP than normal. It will at least partly offset the gains from dumping bounties on the 15h.

The purpose of saved bounties is to feed your new subclass a chunk of XP. Save them until it's unlocked, then go nuts.

Falifax

What is a poopsock?

@thislukesmith: T-minus 36 hours. What are your plans for TTK day? I'm gonna do a 20+ hour poopsock session on 9/15 starting at 2am. Grocery store trip inc

Exactly what it says.

You shit in your socks without the need of going to the toilet when you have to, thus being able to continue playing your game.

What is a "poopsock"?

Old school everquest reference means to take measure to not have to go the the bathroom while leveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom