• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think the PvP arms day bounties were unfair. You have the entire week to do them. And it's not like you have to do them. Just do the PvE ones if you don't enjoy crucible. Otherwise, work on getting a kill or two a day. You'll have them done by reset.

In terms of the weapons, sniper was a one shot kill on a headshot just like any other sniper. If you're complaining about sniper impact, you're doing it wrong. Read: headshots. Took a bit to get used to but I was cruising with it after a bit. Fusion rifle was a little tougher for me with the long charge time. I tend to be a reactive PvP player (versus aggressive/proactive) so I prefer faster charge times even if impact has to be sacrificed a little.

Yay OT30 already, also great OP Hawkian.

Just woke up and see that I missed out on the Gunslinger emblem :(
Also, the map is Crossroads is hilarious. Jumped through the teleporter and got launched to the other side. Mid-air I shot a rocket and landed only to see my rocket coming from behind me and killing two guys.

I didn't think the PvP arms day bounties were unfair. You have the entire week to do them. And it's not like you have to do them. Just do the PvE ones if you don't enjoy crucible. Otherwise, work on getting a kill or two a day. You'll have them done by reset.

In terms of the weapons, sniper was a one shot kill on a headshot just like any other sniper. If you're complaining about sniper impact, you're doing it wrong. Read: headshots. Took a bit to get used to but I was cruising with it after a bit. Fusion rifle was a little tougher for me with the long charge time. I tend to be a reactive PvP player (versus aggressive/proactive) so I prefer faster charge times even if impact has to be sacrificed a little.

Yeah getting like ten kills is easy as shit over a week long period. It's no problem. I understand not liking low impact though. I prefer being able to revive snipe or at least a quick tag and easy switch to kill.

stb

So the gunsmith has 5 weapons to test.

Completing each gives you 250 rep toward his "faction".

250 rep * 5 weapons = 1,250 rep

But Level 1 takes 1500 rep...

Does this mean I won't be able to get a weapon from him next Wednesday?

Gordon

So the gunsmith has 5 weapons to test.

Completing each gives you 250 rep toward his "faction".

250 rep * 5 weapons = 1,250 rep

But Level 1 takes 1500 rep...

Does this mean I won't be able to get a weapon from him next Wednesday?
Nightfall buff

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
just had a public event where they dropped a fallen walker at the ember caves of all places. had to laugh

literally a white walker

huehuehue

Burn (Arc, Void, Solar) Skulls now only increases player damage by 2x (down from 3x). Combatant damage to player is unchanged at 3x.

Would this mean strike playlists are beginning to get modifiers? That's the way I am reading it, maybe just burns to start with? Unless it just means weekly and NF.

EDIT: Copied wrong line.

SheHateMe

Done for tonight. Finished up the Armsday guns.

I almost sharded that Fusion Rifle immediately after it completed. It's my least favorite weapon in Destiny as a whole.

I love the look of that Sniper Rifle, though.

Less than 118 hours and counting until TTK. My body is ready.

Yeah getting like ten kills is easy as shit over a week long period. It's no problem. I understand not liking low impact though. I prefer being able to revive snipe or at least a quick tag and easy switch to kill.

I understand not liking them. But my point was that it's a bounty for a reason. It's not a weapon you have to use for very long. It's a skill-based bounty and that's it.

GhaleonEB

Burn (Arc, Void, Solar) Skulls now only increases player damage by 2x (down from 3x). Combatant damage to player is unchanged at 3x.

Would this mean strike playlists are beginning to get modifiers? That's the way I am reading it, maybe just burns to start with? Unless it just means weekly and NF.

EDIT: Copied wrong line.

They are for the Nightfall and sometimes weekly playlist. However, there are burn resistances on sets of armor. So upon collecting them, you'll offset the 3x reduction to some degree; I'm guessing down to 2x to match the newly reduced damage output. That should make them much less punishing, though more difficult at first.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

naw breh

that impact is crazy low. 100 per hit? that's disgusting. and in skirmish, you need snipers that can kill immediately off of a revive.

i mean yeah, headshots are headshots and all but no body bats 1.000. those non-headshots need to knock off a lot more than just 100 damage. it should be possible for some titans to walk through two body shots i think...

Feorax

I still need to get the clan strike trophy weirdly. One of those ones I never quite got round to.

Anyone from SFKL fancy running Nexus or something real quick?

naw breh

that impact is crazy low. 100 per hit? that's disgusting. and in skirmish, you need snipers that can kill immediately off of a revive.

i mean yeah, headshots are headshots and all but no body bats 1.000. those non-headshots need to knock off a lot more than just 100 damage. it should be possible for some titans to walk through three body shots i think...

Would agree if this was a long term weapon. But as I said, this is a skill based bounty using some white weapon. It's basically a headshot bounty. 10 headshots completes the bounty.

GutZ31

Yeah I gotchu. There's not much reason to bother with it if you don't like the weapon.
I didn't think I would like the hakke weapons as much as I do.
The Omolom weapons were a real disappointment from the arms day list, and the rocket launcher is pretty shit as expected with its stats.

HMD

Guys if you wanna finish your crucible arms day bounties, just play control and hope for one of the big three maps, plenty of time to snipe on one of those. And for anyone complaining about the Omolon fusion rifle, wtf? that is literally the best fusion rifle I have ever played with on Destiny.

Waldini

... TLW. May you rest in peace. You, unlike your cousin Thorn, took atleast SOME skill to use.

Anyway, I quite like the Omolon sniper :)

Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuull!
8YhAk1x.gif

Meh, the Suros preorder stuff is still nowhere to be found for me.

The purchase doesnt get billed until 13-15 September though, guessing that's what the problem is.

They are for the Nightfall and sometimes weekly playlist. However, there are burn resistances on sets of armor. So upon collecting them, you'll offset the 3x reduction to some degree; I'm guessing down to 2x to match the newly reduced damage output. That should make them much less punishing, though more difficult at first.

Yep understand the numbers side of it, it was just listed under Strikes in the reddit post so thought maybe they were going to introduce random burns to the strike playlist. Perhaps not.

Oh well, one day!

Pre ordered this on bone as that is where my main RL friend is but he always goes hard for a week or two then gets boredom. Tempted to cut my losses and get it on PS4 now, much longer lifespan with GAF.

I haven't really sat down and played regular Crucible in a while. What the hell was Bungie thinking with hammer forged weapons? Now people have perfect shotguns among other weapons. No matter what Bungie does they'll still have the best combinations of mods on these things to maximize effectiveness. That type of shit does not belong in a competitive landscape.

I didn't think I would like the hakke weapons as much as I do.
The Omolom weapons were a real disappointment from the arms day list, and the rocket launcher is pretty shit as expected with its stats.

I thought the pulse was OK, would be better with perks. I didn't like either snipers because their damage archetypes and poor scopes in my opinion. The rocket is shit, but beautiful.

colinp

Banned
Meh, the Suros preorder stuff is still nowhere to be found for me.

The purchase doesnt get billed until 13-15 September though, guessing that's what the problem is.

Don't worry, you aren't supposed to get it until the 15th. Some people are getting it early.

Nuszka

Hello dgaf, I'm currently on my 5th day of holiday in Italy, only managed to glance at the thread but since Tuesday it's practically impossible to keep up. Just wanted to say this community is amazing, wanted to make a quick post as I don't have much time to do those and I'm a bit scared that I will piss off my wife haha
Hello from Italy
11990551_495186703979032_8108666788009640939_n.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks to bungie and this dgaf for at least when I will be leaving this place I will have a lot to look forward to.
Ps - which OT should I mostly stick with for lurking purposes?

OT30 !!!

What a ride. It's been an amazing and crazy year with DGAF.
I adore this community and this game so much. <3
MGS V is consuming every bit of my spare time atm, but I can't wait to get back to DGAF once TTK hits. It'll be GLORIOUS.

Hello dgaf, I'm currently on my 5th day of holiday in Italy, only managed to glance at the thread but since Tuesday it's practically impossible to keep up. Just wanted to say this community is amazing, wanted to make a quick post as I don't have much time to do those and I'm a bit scared that I will piss off my wife haha
Hello from Italy
11990551_495186703979032_8108666788009640939_n.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks to bungie and this dgaf for at least when I will be leaving this place I will have a lot to look forward to.
Ps - which OT should I mostly stick with for lurking purposes?

Wow super jealous! This OT is probably your best bet but it is probably going to get crazy from here on out. If you want to just keep up with destiny stuff the reddit sub for Destiny is good as well as PlanetDestiny.com

Wallach

Why? It's not like we don't use guns in crucible or anything, plus it gives the people who purely crucible a chance to earn some rep. They are not going to hand everything to you on a silver platter, kinda need to work for it.

What the fuck are you even talking about getting things handed to you?

I'm talking about the fact that they pulled a bunch of PvP bounties that were about specific weapon types because they were overly influencing play patterns, and just replaced them with the same problem. If you put a mission in the game that requires you to PvP with some specific weapon that is what people are going to do, so now all week people will be running around with these same two weapons. It's the same player agency problem as those PvP bounties but worse; at least then players could slot different weapons of that category, and the Crucible disruption was on a per-day basis rather than a per-week one.

Oh cool, so if we go do the field test quests and get rank 1 we should be able to order a package next week. Neat.

Probably extremely obvious things to most already, I am only just getting caught up now!

People complaining about the crucible test sniper are upset because it can't kill freshly revived guardians? Ok, move along. Being able to do that is stupid to begin with (yeah yeah "don't die in the open/don't revive with a sniper watching" it's still stupid).

Regarding Armsday, I completed 2 weapons before doing the nightfall, ended up 62 rep short of rank 1. But if I understand correctly, there are no orders to place this week, meaning first orders will be available next Armsday and will arrive the one after that (2 weeks from now). So I'm not missing out on anything.

Feorax

Reset my hunter, firstly for the Awoken Grimoire card, and secondly to see how the campaign had improved.

All I can say is wow. Massive, massive improvement.

I'm talking about the fact that they pulled a bunch of PvP bounties that were about specific weapon types because they were overly influencing play patterns, and just replaced them with the same problem. If you put a mission in the game that requires you to PvP with some specific weapon that is what people are going to do, so now all week people will be running around with these same two weapons. It's the same player agency problem as those PvP bounties but worse; at least then players could slot different weapons of that category, and the Crucible disruption was on a per-day basis rather than a per-week one.

Well your original statement was that it is stupid that they have crucible requirements. You didn't say why... Didn't have much to go on, so I assumed (evidently incorrectly) that, like others, you were complaining about it being to hard. My apologies for offending you.

ocean

Banned

Per week means it's not a problem. Most people who care about this will be done in the first day or two. It's a serious non-issue man.

If we had weapon-specific bounties changing every day that'd be different. Expect lots of Armsday weapons on Wednesday and Thursday. During the weekend I'm pretty sure anyone still using them is only doing it cause they like them. After 2-3 matches you're done with the bounties anyways.

Ozone

Boguester is the man. Totally patient with explaining how the Skolas fight goes and led us to a smooth victory. Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom