• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm how many new people do you have? I guess I can run you guys thro it if no one else is available at this hour..I have another person as well. add iRAWRasaurus

If you want too try and just get this done asap I can load up a Crota CP, will have no mic but you can run sword?

Edit Sentinal, IRawr+1 have held there hands up, if you want to start from Crota let me know I'll login and give someone the CP

Afrocious

I'll do a Crucible train tomorrow but I think i'm spent on Rift for the time being. The settings and spawns need to be tweaked. Big Team Objective was my home in Halo, but Rift is virtually everyone wrong with Objective game modes. If a team can't push you out of your tiny spawns to spawn trap you, they'll grab the rift and hold onto it while they slay, or just pick it up to reset it.

It also doesn't belong on maps with a bunch of corridors, but I guess that's half of the maps in the game...

Trains don't make people good IMO. I was being somewhat sarcastic about being carried. I do wanna get better though.

TBH I don't like Crucible/PvP in this game. I can say that without any salt in my words as well. I'll even compare it to Halo 2 and 3 since you used those examples.

I was a Team Slayer and Team Objective guy. I hated Big Team Battle because my internet was ass, but it was fun when I could get a stable game going. Rift blows in this game because all the maps are fucking hallways and corners. That's all this game is. That's all fucking Vault of Glass is at some points just to bring that up.

What was that map on the moon that was pretty big? I want more maps like that instead of these shitty versions of Ivory Tower.

ocean

Banned
Hopefully the new weapons are interesting because i'm officially uninterested in Crucible. Basically, Red Death and Bad Juju or GTFO. It's funy seeing Bad Juju take Thorn's place considering they were both considered trash when the game launched. Frankly I wouldn't mind seeing both of them go back to that state.

So much for 2.0. Already waiting for 3.0
Last night's tourney disappointed me so much. Hand Cannons are in such a terrible state that of an opponent is near you, you can just forget your primary. All the engagements were either super distant MIDA/Red Death tags or close up shotties.

Shotguns are less effective than they were (barely but still), but having no decent primary to hold them off at close range makes them even more attractive than they used to be.

Afrocious

That moon map was this game's Blood Gulch/Coagulation. And Bungie got rid of it with all these shitty HoW maps that look the fucking same.

Bannerfall and Memento are the only two maps I like. Everything else I've played is straight ass.

Trains don't make people good IMO. I was being somewhat sarcastic about being carried. I do wanna get better though.

TBH I don't like Crucible/PvP in this game. I can say that without any salt in my words as well. I'll even compare it to Halo 2 and 3 since you used those examples.

I was a Team Slayer and Team Objective guy. I hated Big Team Battle because my internet was ass, but it was fun when I could get a stable game going. Rift blows in this game because all the maps are fucking hallways and corners. That's all this game is. That's all fucking Vault of Glass is at some points just to bring that up.

What was that map on the moon that was pretty big? I want more maps like that instead of these shitty versions of Ivory Tower.

Yes they have a very bad habit of making everything flat and narrow. Some of these hallways are beyond puzzling. I doubt the AI would even be able to move in them, let alone a bunch of players.

That's what happens when the game is designed for you to shoot while you stand still. All of the paths must be narrow and flat and it's disappointing.

I think I'll post my Destiny map design tomorrow. With any luck, someone from Bungie will take it and use it for the next DLC.

Last night's tourney disappointed me so much. Hand Cannons are in such a terrible state that of an opponent is near you, you can just forget your primary. All the engagements were either super distant MIDA/Red Death tags or close up shotties.

Shotguns are less effective than they were (barely but still), but having no decent primary to hold them off at close range makes them even more attractive than they used to be.

I had a Titan skate towards me, slide, shoulder charge and take down 90% of my health with Felwinter's before I could kill him with the Jewel.

This is does not a balanced game make.

Also, Blink is still broken as fuck. Outside the top heavy on Thieves' den and somebody is on the bottom. He blinks all the way up the stairs and slide shotguns me.

It's like Bungie wants me to be 100m from players at all times, and at that point the Hand Cannon rang dropoff makes it useless.

Rainmaker

Banned
I could only get it to work for one of my characters.
qZAn6f8.jpg

I hope Felwinter's archetype of bullshitguns doesn't exist in the Taken King, at least then they will be obsolete in Trials/Iron lagger 2.0.

Who am I kidding, they will definitely still be there.

Marvel

could never
IT'S A NEW DAY YES IT IS!

OHHHHH DGAAAAAF, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR! CLAAAAAP YOUR HANDS AND FEEEEEEL THE POWERRRRRRRRR!

HWTqgSz.gif

OF THE SUPERIOR SUNBREAKER TITAN

All other classes are booty, yeah I said booty.

Just hours away now, the hype. You feel it too don't you?

ocean

Banned
I had a Titan skate towards me, slide, shoulder charge and take down 90% of my health with Felwinter's before I could kill him with the Jewel.

This is does not a balanced game make.

It's like Bungie wants me to be 100m from players at all times, and at that point the Hand Cannon rang dropoff makes it useless.
I'll keep playing for fun for a few weeks doing all the quests and stuff but I think I'll drop PvP almost completely once I do the rewards. Without Hand Cannons I just don't have nearly as much fun. No quick killing primary in close quarters has made Crucible a lame Pulse fest at long distance.

Afrocious

I hope 2.0 makes bosses less of bullet sponges. I missed out on updates between Vanilla and the end of HoW, but Omnigul and the PoE bosses are spongy to the point where I'd never touch PoE if it wasn't for Triumphs and helping people out.

I do like the mechanics in the fights, but that amount of health + the enemies gets kinda ridiculous. Also it doesn't help Skolas and the Servitors hide sometimes.

TBH, in catching up with the new stuff added to Destiny, I find the Crota fight to be one of the best fights in the game. It's not perfect at all considering how easy it is, but the idea that someone can only damage him by using the sword after his shields are down is perfect. I feel the other 5 teammates could be doing more, however. He also doesn't feel like he's a sponge either, but that might be because I have 170 light.

Take away the Presence of Crota, all of the adds, and put him in a flat arena, and I think that would be a great Strike boss. Atheon would be a great Strike boss too without the portals.

Basically, I think Bungie should do what they're doing for raid bosses, and put them into strikes but with less mechanics. In no sense of the word should taking down Omnigul take longer than killing Crota or Atheon. Omnigul is awful.

kiri

Morning all! Hate to sound like I'm begging but can anyone help me run through Skolas PoE in about 10 hours from now?

It's my last triumph and getting awfully close to the timer running out~

I'll keep playing for fun for a few weeks doing all the quests and stuff but I think I'll drop PvP almost completely once I do the rewards. Without Hand Cannons I just don't have nearly as much fun. No quick killing primary in close quarters has made Crucible a lame Pulse fest at long distance.

If they could adjust the agg ballistics/range nerf for hand cannons only I think we'd be in a pretty good spot

Acidote

I get stuck at 25% everytime. I tried it at home, stuck at 25% and now the same 25% at the office. I guess I won't watch it.

Must be an EU glitch, didn't have any swords disappearing on my side but crota did refuse to kneel a few times when shot with rockets.

Yes please that would be great! Unfortunately PSN isn't letting me send you guys requests... I'll keep at it, you're welcome to try sending me one as well.

Are either of you two still looking to do Skolas? I could do at least one more run today.

Morning all! Hate to sound like I'm begging but can anyone help me run through Skolas PoE in about 10 hours from now?

It's my last triumph and getting awfully close to the timer running out~

Are you on PS4? If so I could help.

Rated-G

Are either of you two still looking to do Skolas? I could do at least one more run today.

Are you on PS4? If so I could help.

Just finished getting Crota, thanks to all who helped, so yes! Skolas is the last one I need! If be extremely greatful if you could help!!

Raybunny

I do not feel at ease without my handcannons in pvp. Surely they were OP but playing with scouts or pulses is not for me. I feel like I am spitting at others faces with those weapons. PvE will be my focus unless the new HC feel somehow better.

Outside of pvp, TTK activites better not bore us after 1 month. The public arena event with the Tier keys surely will be fun but for how long? If it is like warframe where those events have a purpose ( rare material drops, rare weapon blueprints, ability leveling, etc...) I will spend some time there.

Jinjo

My Titan:

https://www.destinythegame.com/lege...686018428583688.2305843009215524968&version=2

Vex Destroyer Jinjo The Stalker

Top 2% Vex Hobgoblin kills. Appropiate since I hate the fuckers so much. Most lethal exotic is my Gjallarhorn. No shame lol. Also got a 208m crucible kill which is apparently in the top 1%. Top 2% IB kills even though I only participate every so often.

My Hunter:

https://www.destinythegame.com/lege...686018428583688.2305843009231269036&version=2

Adjucator Jinjo Unbound

Hawkmoon is my most lethal exotic. Definitly more
PvP oriented than my Titan.

Is there a reason to get the legendary boxed edition instead of TTK + Collector's stuff when they're the same price?

I don't need another disc and it seems like the dlc is all digital anyway.

Trace

Banned
Speaking about Bad Juju - I'm not seeing how it's OP. Especially not seeing how it's as bad as the Thorn was.

It's not nearly as bad as Thorn was. It's just strong atm, but I don't think it's going to be anywhere near the strongest once we start picking up strong TTK legendaries/exotics.

k1t4j

Guys does the redbull promo not exist in Europe?

I have been looking for it here in Madrid but I can't find anything :(

My Titan Legend video is pretty funny: Drizzay Titan, my main character

Cabal Destroyer DrDrizzay101, The Legion Breaker (wtf? this name is terrible)
  • 14 Flawless Trials
  • 11,572 Gjallarhorn Kills
  • 163 Strength of the Wolf
  • 15 Cabal Goliath Kills, Top 2% (wtf is this crap?)
  • 22,078 Fellow Guardians Played With, Enough to form 7359 Fireteams

How the F have I played with 22k people on one character? What who what what why when how....

You guys need to try out your vestian in close quarters in pvp. Thing is a monster.

Pulse meta is best meta

Tried it. Shotguns > it.

I've been messing around with the Vestian and it does perform well but top tier shotguns can one shot you at the range where the Vestian starts to get a little wonky. It seems to me that at range the projectiles either don't register fast enough or have a tendency to somehow not register at all.

k1t4j

My Titan Legend video is pretty funny: Drizzay Titan, my main character

Cabal Destroyer DrDrizzay101, The Legion Breaker (wtf? this name is terrible)
  • 14 Flawless Trials
  • 11,572 Gjallarhorn Kills
  • 163 Strength of the Wolf
  • 15 Cabal Goliath Kills, Top 2% (wtf is this crap?)
  • 22,078 Fellow Guardians Played With, Enough to form 7359 Fireteams

How the F have I played with 22k people on one character? What who what what why when how....

Ahahaha that was fun to watch, did not know about this... brb trying with my hunter :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom