• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
5Qw2AiU.jpg

Hzoltan69

Looking at my grimoire cards, I'm missing the 'Exo'.
Not too optimistic, but is there any way to unlock it without deleting one of my chars and starting an Exo?

Raybunny

Looking at my grimoire cards, I'm missing the 'Exo'.
Not too optimistic, but is there any way to unlock it without deleting one of my chars and starting an Exo?

Not that I know off. There is no grimoire score attached to it though. I miss the puny humans and the puny exos.

daedalius

I've had better luck with vestian, but I don't think I've gotten a great shotgun roll either, always range finder and no shot package.

Nuszka

1. You're missing one new dance per Class, along with an Exotic Class Item which boosts XP gains to level up to 40 / level up new subclasses more quickly and three shaders

digital-content-collectors-edition.png

2. Yeah you can get it all by purchasing the US$20 upgrade when it goes up for sale tomorrow

Still on the fence if i should bother spending $20 on those things. Exotic class items are gonna be completely useless once you level up your sub class, so paying this amount of money for 3 shaders and three class dances... Think i might pass.
Anyway less then 24h to go!!!

Kyoufu

Still on the fence if i should bother spending $20 on those thing. Exotic class items are gonna be completely useless once you level up your sub class, so paying this amount of money for 3 shaders and three class dances... Think i might pass.

The exotic class item gives 10% XP buff too so no, it won't be completely useless. I've been using it while glimmer farming for extra motes.

Rated-G

Drizzay has Skolas on total lockdown, poor guy doesn't have a chance anymore. :p

Yes, oh my god, that fight looks like it could have been incredibly stressful and difficult but you guys made it fun. Thank you both!

And thanks to everyone who helped me get the last three Moments of Triumph tonight! I can't believe after weeks trying to get my group together to do these I was able to get them in one night because of you guys. I really appreciate the time and effort!

Raybunny

Drizzay has Skolas on total lockdown, poor guy doesn't have a chance anymore. :p

The prison is no place for mercy!

Regarding TTK:

11377401_538740182948349_1576188172_n.jpg

The exotic class item gives 10% XP buff too so no, it won't be completely useless. I've been using it while glimmer farming for extra motes.

Them motes!

Yes, oh my god, that fight looks like it could have been incredibly stressful and difficult but you guys made it fun. Thank you both!

And thanks to everyone who helped me get the last three Moments of Triumph tonight! I can't believe after weeks trying to get my group together to do these I was able to get them in one night because of you guys. I really appreciate the time and effort!

My fellow guardian welcome to GAF.

FyreWulff

By the way, I know nobody in this thread plays on PS3, but 2.0 brought back comparing equipped weapons/armor to ones in your vault on PS3.

ocean

Banned
Still on the fence if i should bother spending $20 on those things. Exotic class items are gonna be completely useless once you level up your sub class, so paying this amount of money for 3 shaders and three class dances... Think i might pass.
I'd probably pay it for even a single shader if it looked good, but I think from most people's value perspective this probably isn't worth it.

The extra XP is a solution to an issue we'll have for a day or two at most. After that, specially with how few bubbles gear has and the ability to use Motes to feed XP, an XP buff is rather useless. Faction class items with rep buffs are likely a better investment anyways.

Like, you either want it for the cosmetics or not but I don't think you can justify this in terms of usefulness :p

Bradach

I stopped playing about 2 months ago due to burnout. I've been lurking on and off in this thread for the past few days and I haven't a clue what is going on anymore!

I used to know this game inside out but it has changed so much its actually pretty daunting trying to get my head around.

I'll pick up TTK tomorrow anyway. If you see me wandering the hallyways in utter confusion point me in the right direction!

Skele7on

Banned
I stopped playing about 2 months ago due to burnout. I've been lurking on and off in this thread for the past few days and I haven't a clue what is going on anymore!

I used to know this game inside out but it has changed so much its actually pretty daunting trying to get my head around.

I'll pick up TTK tomorrow anyway. If you see me wandering the hallyways in utter confusion point me in the right direction!

I'll point you to be the first sacrifice to Oryx ;)

Just getting ready to head up to London to play TTK this afternoon with the party this evening.

I will get as much info as possible for you and a lot of pictures.

Raybunny

Will be a pleasure to guide you if requested. If you want to get your head over the taken king expansion, I recommend you to watch on youtube the last 3 Bungie streams.

amar212

ADVICES NEEDED.

Thank you in advance Death, Zoba, Ocean and all other knowledgeable members for participation!

1. Should I wait to turn solved (stacked) Vanguard/Crucible bounties tommorow or not?

2. Should I open all saved Cryptarch packages at Postmaster immediatly when TTK activates or should I wait reaching higher levels (LV40) with my guardians?

3. Should I use Red Bull XP-booster immediately tommorow or wait to reach higher guardian levels (LV38-39)? What is the best moment to use it?

Thank you in advance guys.

Congrats dude!!! Great run.

Haha thanks dude, and thanks for helping out. That was a silky smooth run. No wipes except the intentional ones to let you rejoin.

Taking the wife to work btw, so won't be back for a bit.

You have one question to ask yourself.

Do you want to see this, for the rest of your life with Destiny:
classitems.jpg

Skeletron

Many thanks to Kenni for taking me through VoG, and Crota. That was wild. I'll be on later today if anyone has a group for Skolas. I've heard it can take forever but it's last triumph I have yet to accomplish. PSN Traxus12

FyreWulff

classitems.jpg

don't think that will be the case. Everything else that has been exclusive doesn't even show up in the collections if you don't have them.

If they're in the vault without owning them, methinks there's going to be ways to get them to everyone.

It was the same with Reach, they didn't show you the retailer/LE exclusive armor if you didn't have it.

Bradach

I'll point you to be the first sacrifice to Oryx ;)

Just getting ready to head up to London to play TTK this afternoon with the party this evening.

I will get as much info as possible for you and a lot of pictures.

Skele.jpg

Don't believe his lies

Will be a pleasure to guide you if requested. If you want to get your head over the taken king expansion, I recommend you to watch on youtube the last 3 Bungie streams.

Thanks Ray. Will do.

don't think that will be the case. Everything else that has been exclusive doesn't even show up in the collections if you don't have them.

If they're in the vault without owning them, methinks there's going to be ways to get them to everyone.

It was the same with Reach, they didn't show you the retailer/LE exclusive armor if you didn't have it.

(i know, or atleast hope so) But these are not unobtainable if you don't have access to the retailer/promotion. You can buy them at any time from PSN.

GutZ31

ADVICES NEEDED.

Thank you in advance Death, Zoba, Ocean and all other knowledgeable members for participation!

1. Should I wait to turn solved (stacked) Vanguard/Crucible bounties tommorow or not?

2. Should I open all saved Cryptarch packages at Postmaster immediatly when TTK activates or should I wait reaching higher levels (LV40) with my guardians?

3. Should I use Red Bull XP-booster immediately tommorow or wait to reach higher guardian levels (LV38-39)? What is the best moment to use it?

Redbull boosters can be used right away if you plan on grinding levels.

I the packages you collected can be turned in right when TTK drops, but I suspect it will be better to wait till you are higher level for better chance at high level gear.
We will most likely be aiming for blues right away, and once we are close to 40, then get legendaries again, but its your call.

As for the vanguard bounties and such, that is up to you. May be better to hold onto them until you have some gear you want to level up rather fast, or have a faction you wish to upgrade quickly.
Again, it is at your discretion.

Many thanks to Kenni for taking me through VoG, and Crota. That was wild. I'll be on later today if anyone has a group for Skolas. I've heard it can take forever but it's last triumph I have yet to accomplish. PSN Traxus12

For Skolas..takes an ~1 hour and 20 mins give or take..no more than 2 hours..if its pass 2 hours welp doing something wrong :p

duck_sauce

All im missing for the triumph is Skolas. Only donePoE 28 so far.
Any chance Gaf is running Skolas Runs today?
Feel free to add me

psn: three_muffins

noomi

classitems.jpg

The real question is can you handle noomi doing the hammer dance right in front of your face....for the rest of your life...

Hueheuheueheu

ADVICES NEEDED.

Yes, wait till you have your new subclass unlocked before you turn in completed bounties.

Save your packages for lvl 40. Light matters, level doesn't.

Yes when you're using the bounties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom