• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 is still plenty dude. You'll be swimming in coins starting from tomorrow.

I don't think you realize how much heavy synthesis I use. It's the life blood of the Sherpa. Only getting 60% as many packs is rough for me. Plus it's just another unnecessary nerf.

That said, with GHorn obsolete heavy synth might be less critical. Depends on how valuable the new heavy weapons are compared to new special/primary weapons.

What's the story with heavy ammo? Won't they be useable anymore or is it just that you can trade them?

What Noomi said. The only other change (that I'm bitching about) is Xur now gives 3 heavy pack per strange coin instead of 5 packs.

Most people probably don't care, haha.

Kyoufu

Going to repeat this one more time for those that have edged factions:

I recommend discarding your current pledges until you hit level 40 and then re-pledge allegiances.

Why? Because the subclass quest gives Vanguard rep which will tip your rep over and screw things up, so it's best not to have a pledge active.

I don't think you realize how much heavy synthesis I use. It's the life blood of the Sherpa. Only getting 60% as many packs is rough for me. Plus it's just another unnecessary nerf.

That said, with GHorn obsolete heavy synth might be less critical. Depends on how valuable the new heavy weapons are compared to new special/primary weapons.

Well, I don't see us spamming heavy ammo like we used to with Ghorn anyway. I think endgame will be way different than what we're used to right now, so I'm really not worried. Rep here I come :p

noomi

So hyped, need to find ways to speed up the day, cinema, lunch, stuff to keep me busy. Playing destiny does not help, might just pop in tonight for some crucible.

There was an episode of South Park where Cartman was excited for Nintendo Wii release and he didn't want to wait so he froze himself...

There are always alternatives :D

south-park-s10e12-go-god-go_4x3.jpg

Pretty sure the "Fellow Guardians Played With" has to include your opponents in every PvP match that you have ever played.

Yeah that would make sense, I know I'm top 1% in Crucible games played. There's no way otherwise, even though their phrasing makes it confusing. I'm forming fire teams w enemy teams? Lol wut.

sounds good for me

I'm eating breakfast now. I might be able to do a run after but if I can't make it I'll definitely be up for 4-5 runs starting in 10 hours or so.

I recommend discarding your current pledges until you hit level 40 and then re-pledge allegiances.

Why? Because the subclass quest gives Vanguard rep which will tip your rep over and screw things up, so it's best not to have a pledge active.

Well, I don't see us spamming heavy ammo like we used to with Ghorn anyway. I think endgame will be way different than what we're used to right now, so I'm really not worried. Rep here I come :p

It shouldnt matter should it? I'm fucked on vanguard as im with in 50 rep of levelling up on all characters. I'll do it anyway just incase

Edit I don't think I'll be able to p,edge again till Wednesday as the download took forever

Kyoufu

It shouldnt matter should it? I'm fucked on vanguard as im with in 50 rep of levelling up on all characters. I'll do it anyway just incase

You're screwed with Vanguard yes, but not the 3rd party factions that you can pledge allegiance with if you just don't have an active pledge.

I'm very curious what the road to level 40 looks like.

Completing the new story missions probably won't give that much xp (I think?), so I wonder if we will then have to rely on bounties/quests/grinding to get to level 40.

Nah, doing story plus new strikes should get us to 40 easily. According to GI, the third subclass unlocks an hour into the story, so the story itself should be 3 hours or so long.

Bounties and quests would be required to get higher light gear and upgrade the new subclass.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
So is there a consenus about how to best use all the Commendations, packages and mats first thing, Tuesday?

Stuff like package experience will just go straight into our level # at the bottom of the screen right? And commendations for factions. It will be best to do all the class quests before cashing anything in though, right?

Klyka

Banned
Thanks for the reply.

I'm on The Xbox One and when I hover over that icon all I get is an option to ' Snap Party App'.

It's a strange problem as I never used to have problems then all of a sudden, about a month ago, no-one could join my fireteam.

I can't seem to find a solution.

try this:

Xbox One
From the roster section, select the icon at the top of your Fireteam roster. This will take you to Xbox Home.
Select Friends.
Select My profile.
On the right under JOIN IN, select Destiny.
Set the third option to Require invites and not Set to joinable.

Yup! very dangerous for collectors like myself :p

*looks at emblem kiosk*

Hmmm... I'm missing a bunch, better get on it!

Just buy her whole stash every day it rotates. I had almost 0 of the purchasable emblems but now I have most of them after 3 days. They rotate petty well. Shaders too. The new dark blue TTK shader is pretty boss.

Kyoufu

So is there a consenus about how to best use all the Commendations, packages and mats first thing, Tuesday?

Stuff like package experience will just go straight into our level # at the bottom of the screen right? And commendations for factions. It will be best to do all the class quests before cashing anything in though, right?

Unlock subclass -> wear subclass exotic class item from CE -> pop Focused Light -> open packages -> turn in all bounties -> ??? -> profit!

noomi

Nah, doing story plus new strikes should get us to 40 easily. According to GI, the third subclass unlocks an hour into the story, so the story itself should be 3 hours or so long.

Bounties and quests would be required to get higher light gear and upgrade the new subclass.

That's good to hear, thanks! I just want to be ready for raiding come Friday :D

Unlock subclass -> wear subclass exotic class item from CE -> pop Focused Light -> open packages -> turn in all bounties -> ??? -> profit!

That's my plan as well :)

amar212

OK, please explain me if you don't mind.

Why to wait till LV40? Because of rewards?

I have Hunter on LV21 New Monarchy, ready to be taken to LV22 New Monarchy tommorow.

I have Titan on LV32 Dead Orbit, ready to be take to LV33 Dead Orbit tommorow, together with the Dead Orbit Faction Quest ready.

Warlcok is on LV6 FWC, ready for LV7 FWC.

You basically recommend me to quit all the Pledges and wait to LV40 all 3 toons. Why?

Kyoufu

Why to wait till LV40? Becaus e of rewards?

I have Hunter on LV21, ready to be taken to LV22 New Monarchy tommorow.

I have Titan on LV32, ready to be take to LV33 Dead Orbit tommorow, together with the Faction Quest ready.

Warlcok is on LV6 FWC, ready for LV7.

You basically recommend me to quit all the Pledges and wait to LV40. Why?

Assuming you need to be level 40 to get level 40 appropriate rewards from faction packages.

Ovek

7Member7
I got the Legend of you thing to work... yay!

SWARM CULLER OVEK, THE HERALD OF FATE

Fallen Kill/Death Ratio: 497.97 Top 2% apparently

Longest Crucible Kill Distance: 178m

Hive Acolyte Kills: 5,348

Deku Tree

I have all of the purchasable shaders,
And all but seven of the purchasable emblems... Been buying them since Tuesday.
The remaining emblems that I need are all rare ones.

Why to wait till LV40? Because of rewards?

I have Hunter on LV21, ready to be taken to LV22 New Monarchy tommorow.

I have Titan on LV32, ready to be take to LV33 Dead Orbit tommorow, together with the Faction Quest ready.

Warlcok is on LV6 FWC, ready for LV7.

You basically recommend me to quit all the Pledges and wait to LV40 all 3 toons. Why?

Are you talking about the faction rep levels? He was talking about your character level (hitting the new level cap of 40 so that you potentially get better loot drops). In Year 1 you got better loot drops (white then green then blue then purple) as your character level went up.

broony

Yeah, except I don't know why you'd hoard Cryptarch packages. They'll just give you old stuff surely?
No, apparently they don't roll until you open them. With house of wolves launch people were opening old packages and getting house of wolves gear.

amar212

Yeah, except I don't know why you'd hoard Cryptarch packages. They'll just give you old stuff surely?

As I understood, Cryptarch packages are not "coded" until opened, at tleast that was the case with previous 2 expanisons.

Engrams, Public Events and Faction packages are "coded" even before opening, but apparently Cryptarch are not.

Or am I wrong? If I am, then... silly me, because I have more than 35 of them spread across all 3 characters.

^edit: max is technically 171 but requires using a newly blueprint purchased Necrocasm. Really it's 170 for all intents and purposes.

Cryptarch packages were different than faction packages in TDB and HoW. Because there were two levels of loot determination, first you get engrams then you decode the engrams. So the engram contents aren't determined until you open the packages which means you got new stuff from the engrams when the packages were opened after new content released.

This is surprisingly confusing to explain. Basically just save Cryptarch packages.

amar212

i don't think that matters, you can always infuse items to increase the attack and defense.

OK, please guys :)

What to do? To keep the ongoing Pledges or to break them and wait to re-pledge at LV40 characters?

Death, please, give me an Super Good Advice :) What will you do?

Daemul

Well, I finally did it, I managed to get off my lazy ass and get the 10 chests needed to complete my Triumphs, I feel drained as fuck now though, that shit was boring.

Never again.

ocean

Banned
Well, I finally did it, I managed to get off my lazy ass and get the 10 chests needed to complete my Triumphs, I feel drained as fuck now though, that shit was boring.

Never again.
Patrol based achievements are pure suffering
I'll never get the grim for VIP or Public Events, I left Patrol behind at like level 10 a year ago

I'm at work... but I'm curious. Whatchu need?

It's pretty big, and lengthy but I just need the Skolas kill and 20 or so Public Events for Triumphs. I don't know if that'd be able to be done in one day but if you're willing to try it I'd be willing to give you my account information.

Unless Triumphs are already done then dismiss this idea lol

noomi

It's pretty big, and lengthy but I just need the Skolas kill and 20 or so Public Events for Triumphs. I don't know if that'd be able to be done in one day but if you're willing to try it I'd be willing to give you my account information.

Unless Triumphs are already done then dismiss this idea lol

I think today is the last day (19 hours left), Skolas is doable, the public events should be possible, just need a bunch of patience waiting around.

Maybe someone can help ya, I'm at work over the next 8 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom