• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply.

I'm on The Xbox One and when I hover over that icon all I get is an option to ' Snap Party App'.

It's a strange problem as I never used to have problems then all of a sudden, about a month ago, no-one could join my fireteam.

I can't seem to find a solution.

Go to your profile in the 'My Profile' app, and see if your joining settings are normal.

Kyoufu

subclass exotic class item from CE? sorry, what are you referring to there?

The CE gives 3 Exotic class items. This is for Warlock:

3VwR7Je.jpg

Mupod

This 'everyone with a pulse is in the top 1% of everything' stuff puts the old '99% of players don't ever see the raid' into perspective doesn't it?

Reminds me of WoW back in its first few years, they once said that the majority of players never made it past level 20.

Kyoufu

I think my fondest memory of Year 1 was getting Gjallarhorn from Atheon back in June. Ruffles, iRawr and others were wondering why I was going apeshit bananas. :D

Jinjo

Still have spots for the blind raid on Friday?

Yes! Actually we do! Glad to have you on board. Mr-Stephen has left our little raid band unfortunately. :(

TTK raiders:

1. JinjoNL
2. Assassio (Marvel)
3. SC-Trickster
4. Darkshodan84
5. biggy70686
6. Ambitious (ps_flocki)

This is all provisionally though. I hope to be up to raid par myself even. But let's say 6-7pm GMT (7-8pm GMT+1) depending on when the raid goes live?

Is there anything we need to pre-download for the launch (digital version on X1 if that matters), or was the big patch on the 8th all we need. I've been busy knocking out MGSV all week so that I'm free for the TTK launch and haven't been following everything. Thanks.

Tovarisc

Is there any good full body shots of CE shaders? Class items are tad meh, dances are very meh, but shaders could be where worth is :D

noomi

Is there anything we need to pre-download for the launch (digital version on X1 if that matters), or was the big patch on the 8th all we need. I've been busy knocking out MGSV all week so that I'm free for the TTK launch and haven't been following everything. Thanks.

You're all set, there might be a small download tomorrow morning to unlock, but you have everything you need for right now.

hydruxo

I said I wasn't going to pick up the Collector's Edition cosmetic stuff, but that Titan hammer dance is just too cool to pass up on haha

ocean

Banned
This 'everyone with a pulse is in the top 1% of everything' stuff puts the old '99% of players don't ever see the raid' into perspective doesn't it?

Reminds me of WoW back in its first few years, they once said that the majority of players never made it past level 20.
Percentile stats culled from the entire population - as in, everyone who ever signed in - is completely meaningless.

The "active" community, still averaging even a few hours a week, will have % numbers completely unrelated to people who quit the game a few weeks after launch (of which there is an enormous, outstanding number).

All of my IRL friends quit the game when they realized the stupid grind it required. "Oh you want legendary gear? Run these 6 strikes on repeat for around 20 hours and then you'll have enough rep to grind the same strikes for Marks so you can buy it. Then you can Raid, hope for new gear, and grind to level that up too"

So many people quit this game that these stats are largely impossible to interpret. They tell you nothing about how people who actually play the game have progressed.

noomi

The Titan shader is my favourite since it has the Hammer of Sol included.

My favorite shader out of the three as well.

They all look pretty good though

I'm excited for my black shader! Don't have revenant :(

JcWXTFV.jpg

Oh snap! That's right, we should be getting our VIP rewards at the post master tomorrow!

I'm more excited for the sparrow, thing looks cool as hell.

Lnkn52

Wow, how do you get this one? CE?

Here are the details: Players who reach level 30-plus on at least one character or buy both prior expansion packs by August 31 and buy The Taken King by Feb. 1, 2016 will receive an exclusive commemorative "Founder's Fortune" Year 1 emblem, Sparrow, armor shader "and more."

Couple of more quick questions I can't find much info on.

Has it been revealed how they will manage gating the difficulty for things like the NF etc; will it just say minimum light of X is required to do this activity or something?

Will faction packages that are acquired before level 40 contain level 40 loot or the current level you get them at?

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom