• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that would make sense, I know I'm top 1% in Crucible games played. There's no way otherwise, even though their phrasing makes it confusing. I'm forming fire teams w enemy teams? Lol wut.
It never said you're forming teams with them, just that you played with them. I'm sure this also includes every guardian that has ever shared an instance with you in pve.

k1t4j

My favorite shader out of the three as well.

They all look pretty good though

Oh snap! That's right, we should be getting our VIP rewards at the post master tomorrow!

I'm more excited for the sparrow, thing looks cool as hell.

But the emblem is nothing to scoff at either

Simbo

Neo Member
Go to your profile in the 'My Profile' app, and see if your joining settings are normal.

All I can see in 'My Profile' is:

Appearing online / offline

Customise profile

Name sharing settings

Privacy settings (checked in there and nothing seems to relate to online joining)

People that i have blocked

Can't see any specific joining settings.

Couple of more quick questions I can't find much info on.

Has it been revealed how they will manage gating the difficulty for things like the NF etc; will it just say minimum light of X is required to do this activity or something?

Will faction packages that are acquired before level 40 contain level 40 loot or the current level you get them at?

Thanks again
probably. As it turns out your character level only determines what gear you can equip, but damage done and damage taken is entirely dependent on light so it makes sense for activities to be gated that way

Faction packages will reward faction gear, and all faction gear is at the same level so it doesn't matter when you get them.

Going to repeat this one more time for those that have edged factions:

I recommend discarding your current pledges until you hit level 40 and then re-pledge allegiances.

Why? Because the subclass quest gives Vanguard rep which will tip your rep over and screw things up, so it's best not to have a pledge active.

I don't quite get what you're saying here. Isn't having allegiance immediately a good thing so you can get more packages from them sooner than later? Faction rep is independent of crucible and vanguard rep, yes?

So I am missing your point..can you explain?

Namikaze1

First year 2 exotic armor I'm buying is Saint 14. Fuck all other armors. The champ is here!

As for exotic weapon, maybe Hawkmoon just because it was my first exotic from year 1.

GutZ31

So hyped for my welfare black shader lol

In just hours, this whole thread will lose its mind.
Nkvir.gif

the biggest bummer about those threee Collector Edition shaders is that you cannot share them with the other classes.

So if you want a the bluey shader for a Bladedancer, well you can't. The shader is locked for Warlocks only.

Same goes for the the two other shadeers

This IMO is a big bummer. Because that purple shader would have been also good on a Voidwalker

E92 M3

the biggest bummer about those threee Collector Edition shaders is that you cannot share them with the other classes.

So if you want a the bluey shader for a Bladedancer, well you can't. The shader is locked for Warlocks only.

This IMO is a big bummer. Because that purple shader would have been also good on a Voidwalker

Really? That's kinda dumb; can't see the rationale behind it.

Really? That's kinda dumb; can't see the rationale behind it.

I did the plunge this weekend, I wasted my money.

Each character gets their level 20 Exotic class item (which does not have Life Exotic perk mind you)

I shove the Blue shader in the vault to create a copy, send in my Hunter to retrieve the Stormcaller blue shader....... ah Hunter cannot nab it, requires Warlock Class

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Namikaze1

Gotta set my alarm for an hour before it is up. Hoping the CE stuff will be available when I wake up. I have a feeling it will probably go up when the PS Store refreshes later on in the day.

Nuszka

I'm excited for my black shader! Don't have revenant :(

JcWXTFV.jpg

Hope i will get that as well, as i am playing on a sub account.Rng please!!!

On other note its 2pm here and i think i got myself the day organized:
-watch an episode of strain and fear the walking dead (2h)
-have late lunch sirloin med with grilled gorgonzola on top (1h)
-managed to convince my wife to watch return of the jedi with me (2,5h)
-then have meaningful conversations with my second half and assure her that she is the most important thing on this planet to me, cause when reset time hits tomorrow... things might change(1-2h)
-if time allows do a bit of crucible, do gunslinger quest, confirm things with people i play before tomorrow(2h)
-go to bed early tonight, about 11pm, so i am rested for tomorrow
-get up in the morning being absolutely tired from the lack of sleep caused by the hype and excitement!!!
Yes i think I'm organized!!!

What the hell? The class items you get from the collector's edition take your exotic slot.

Why would you do that Bungie?
Realistically you won't have an exotic armor tailored for the new subclasses right away anyways. Does sort of suck though that once you fully level your subclass it is worthless.

On the otherhand, I was slightly excited to start using other class items now that we can pledge factions, except tomorrow I'm getting my exotic New Monarchy bond that increases rep gain, so guess I'll still be stuck to a faction item.

Tovarisc

Heard about this. Restricting class items is no brainer, dances is little so-so, but locking shaders? That is just retarded and serves no purpose.

Edit: Maining warlock so I would get to use best CE shader 24/7, but ehh...

What the hell? The class items you get from the collector's edition take your exotic slot.

Why would you do that Bungie?

To make using 10% general XP boost big trade off as you either have it and no exotic armor or vice versa. I can see a lot of people utilizing that for leveling up weapons.

That black sparrow better be fast like Timebreaker/GraveRobber. Useless to use a slow sparrow. It's gonna be slow right?

Fastest Sparrow, when going distance, in the game is rare Sparrow with upgraded coil from Xur. TimeBreaker is only good for short range bursts.

Man. Hard to keep track of all the free stuff, add ons and postmaster packages will be flying fast and furious.

Which emblem to use? There will be more than one obvious/excellent choice. I like the Triumphs one but it will be very common. The CE one looks great. Decisions!

hydruxo

I did the plunge this weekend, I wasted my money.

Each character gets their level 20 Exotic class item (which does not have Life Exotic perk mind you)

I shove the Blue shader in the vault to create a copy, send in my Hunter to retrieve the Stormcaller blue shader....... ah Hunter cannot nab it, requires Warlock Class

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

The shaders are class specific too? That's dumb. Reconsidering buying the CE items now.

restricting shaders is odd because I only completed Skolas, Hard Crorta, normal Crota and Hard Vog using one specific character and all Raid shaders in my Vault were usable for any of my other two characters

same guys for Faction Shaders, I only had one drop on me but I can use on the other characters too who are not affiliated with that faction

Bungie are not cool. Make you spend money on a Collector Edition but then restrict you on what class can use that shader.

plain Classicism.

Also, the Class Items are level 20. You will also end up not using them when you reach Level 40 so they will be sitting in your vault later due to their lower light level

Have you guys seen the 'Beltane' shader i the kiosk? its the very first one in the taken king section. Holy crap! Super deep glossy black.

Its a quest drop too. want!

noomi

First year 2 exotic armor I'm buying is Saint 14. Fuck all other armors. The champ is here!

As for exotic weapon, maybe Hawkmoon just because it was my first exotic from year 1.

The first weapon I will be picking up will be the Hawkmoon. Then TLW... if it's good that is....

Man. Hard to keep track of all the free stuff, add ons and postmaster packages will be flying fast and furious.

Which emblem to use? There will be more than one obvious/excellent choice. I like the Triumphs one but it will be very common. The CE one looks great. Decisions!

I'll probably rock the triumph emblem for a day or two, then I'll see that everyone else is wearing one and switch to something else :p

purg3

slept with Malkin
So close, I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time.

Going to have to farm some glimmer when I get home and max it before TTK, didn't realize how low I was. Is Exclusion Zone still the way to go?

So close, I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time.

Going to have to farm some glimmer when I get home and max it before TTK, didn't realize how low I was. Is Exclusion Zone still the way to go?

No. There's no access to the higher difficulty levels to spawn the majors.

Ambitious

The shaders are class specific too? That's dumb. Reconsidering buying the CE items now.

How stupid is that? I was actually considering buying the items too, but not now. According to Reddit, you can actually view those class-specific shaders on other classes at the shader kiosk. You just can't equip them.

To make using 10% general XP boost big trade off as you either have it and no exotic armor or vice versa. I can see a lot of people utilizing that for leveling up weapons.

I wanna wear whatever cape I damn well please. Plus that's basically quick swapping to turn in bounties and shit which is extra boring. Coulda just made them legendary.

border

So it unlocks at midnight EST? That's what my unlock timer says. Sweet if so.

Nope - 5AM EST tomorrow. Bungie.net has a countdown clock.

Funny to think that hundreds of people will be going to a midnight sale to pick up their copy......then come home and sit around or sleep for 5 hours before they can actually play.

I assume the situation is even more absurd in Europe.

Mupod

I still want a bright yellow+red shader but have never found one, maybe this expansion will have one? I don't actually look this stuff up.

The Osiris shader would've been okay too but it never dropped for me. Goldspiral will have to suffice for a while longer.

All I can see in 'My Profile' is:

Appearing online / offline

Customise profile

Name sharing settings

Privacy settings (checked in there and nothing seems to relate to online joining)

People that i have blocked

Can't see any specific joining settings.

Hang on, I'll take a look. Should be an option in there somewhere to select each game.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Nope - 5AM EST tomorrow. Bungie.net has a countdown clock.

Funny to think that hundreds of people will be going to a midnight sale to pick up their copy......then come home and sit around or sleep for 5 hours before they can actually play.

I assume the situation is even more absurd in Europe.

That's going to be my night, I should have purchased digitally but I wanted those physical CE goodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom