• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

I may be paranoid, but for tomorrow I'm going to make sure my character has more than enough available slots for shaders and emblems. Maybe even weapons too.

DO WANT!

CO3YScuUAAQwZ2N.jpg:large

ocean

Banned
Some of the Trials shaders you can see at the kiosk are new right? I had never even heard of those except for the original. Low drop rate or TTK?

void666

Banned
It unlocks at 6am for me (brazil).
Going to wake up and play until 9am and then go to work.
Hopefully it's a smooth launch.

I may be paranoid, but for tomorrow I'm going to make sure my character has more than enough available slots for shaders and emblems. Maybe even weapons too.
i think we all still have nightmares of emblems, shaders getting missed due to full envemtory.

i am doing the same

noomi

Some of the Trials shaders you can see at the kiosk are new right? I had never even heard of those except for the original. Low drop rate or TTK?

Noticed that the other day as well, some goes for emblems. All the stuff for Trials 2.0 looks really nice.

deadduck

Harder missions are at 240 light, the standard raid has to be higher than that.

I think getting to 40 will be trivial, getting to 260+ light a bit harder.

Personal theory here: Rise. Seemed to feature a bit in the Raid trailer. '6 of you must rise and stand together as the king falls'

I like this idea for a potential King's Fall raid theme, could be some counterpoint to the Vault's Descent theme going on. Who knows though since Luke either didn't read my question or didn't want to give the official answer. I posted like 20 minutes after he posted about poopsocks so I figured he would have seen it but who knows.

All I can see in 'My Profile' is:

Appearing online / offline

Customise profile

Name sharing settings

Privacy settings (checked in there and nothing seems to relate to online joining)

People that i have blocked

Can't see any specific joining settings.

Okay, first off open up the game and sign in. Once you've done that, go to Home - Friends - My Profile and move to the right. You'll see a 'Join in' section that's not there when the game's not running. Press Destiny. Check if any of the options there don't seem right.

There are two new shaders and a new emblem that drop during Trials. Plus there's another new emblem and a new ship designated as rewards for Flawless Trials passages so clearly they are adding new Trials loot.

Jinjo

First year 2 exotic armor I'm buying is Saint 14. Fuck all other armors. The champ is here!

As for exotic weapon, maybe Hawkmoon just because it was my first exotic from year 1.

Damn straight.

Saint-14 & Suros for Titan
Nighthawk & Hawkmoon for Hunter (+ buying the first damn lv 40 Hawk-cape I can find)
Ahamkara Spine & Monte Carlo or Bad Juju & Obsidian Mind for Warlock. Probably will go spine for more overall utility.

LiK

This is the real Wall of Shame (Post Count of the recent OTs) thanks to Xplicit.

ttJIPr6.png

holy jeebus, I posted way too much.

also, I won't be playing TTK day one because I preordered the GameStop LE. value shipping FTL. have fun without me this week.

Do we know when the add on content for $20 is available for sale? It's going to be through PSN I presume and not the Bungie store.

Might have to wait for PSN store to refresh later in the day?

Deku Tree

I like this idea for a potential King's Fall raid theme, could be some counterpoint to the Vault's Descent theme going on. Who knows though since Luke either didn't read my question or didn't want to give the official answer. I posted like 20 minutes after he posted about poopsocks so I figured he would have seen it but who knows.

I remember you asking him the same question the last time LS posted too. Just a guess, but they're probably just not revealing info like that about the TTK KF raid yet... Hopefully he will talk to us about it after the weekend is through.

X-Frame

Anyone find it odd or a missed opportunity that so far no task in a Raid or Strike has required fireteams to split up, EXCEPT for the Vault of Glass if you consider the Gatekeeper portals as splitting up?

Like what about a part in a raid where all 6 players have to split up, or break off into teams of 2 to explore 3 separate paths.

It never said you're forming teams with them, just that you played with them. I'm sure this also includes every guardian that has ever shared an instance with you in pve.

It says " X Fellow Guardians Played With, enough to form (X/3) Fireteams"

Probably includes every Guardian you've encountered anywhere but the "form Fireteams" part is just confusing. Nobody besides Bungie knows exactly what this statistic means unless they release more detailed notes.

Tovarisc

Anyone find it odd or a missed opportunity that so far no task in a Raid or Strike has required fireteams to split up, EXCEPT for the Vault of Glass if you consider the Gatekeeper portals as splitting up?

Like what about a part in a raid where all 6 players have to split up, or break off into teams of 2 to explore 3 separate paths.

Soo... VoG and Gatekeepers encounter for most part? :D

purg3

slept with Malkin
Crap, I need to stock some completed bounties too when I get home from work, I really slacked off this weekend...Stupid real world priorities.

Namikaze1

Zoba beat Nami in the Wall of Shame? Didn't think that would happen, haha
Three words: Metal Gear Solid

Same for this OT as well. MGS really got me hooked. It's too bad I'm not gonna be able to beat it before tomorrow unless I rush through it. Which I won't.

LiK

Three words: Metal Gear Solid

Same for this OT as well. MGS really got me hooked. It's too bad I'm not gonna be able to beat it before tomorrow unless I rush through it. Which I won't.

I'm only up to Episode 17. Haven't had time to play it much, I'm so behind.

ocean

Banned
Thoughts on Meta and maps and bitching and controllers aside, finals yesterday were extremely competitive.

That last match came down to a point where 1 kill (or point capture lol) would ultimately decide who won; basically tied until the last second:

http://destinytracker.com/dg/3462688648

Private matches would do so much for this game...

Crota fight breaks up the fireteam: 1 person goes into the "do something worthwhile" group while 5 people go into the "watch paint dry" group.

But seriously King's Fall would have to be huge to support something like this. Look at the amount of geometry used in Crota's End, there's nowhere for multiple groups to go. VoG is big enough to support some independent exploration (Gorgons, Jumps during blind raids) and unique sub-team tasks like GateKeepers+Atheon. I think there will be more stuff like that in KF but ultimately raids are team based activities, I like encounters scaled around 6 people.

I remember you asking him the same question the last time LS posted too. Just a guess, but they're probably just not revealing info like that about the TTK KF raid yet... Hopefully he will talk to us about it after the weekend is through.

Haha yeah that post was several hours after he'd posted so I didn't really expect him to see it. This time it was recent enough that it seems like he doesn't want to talk about it. He talked about VoG and CE themes in a TDB ViDoc. Oh well, I just find that stuff interesting.

Nope - 5AM EST tomorrow. Bungie.net has a countdown clock.

Funny to think that hundreds of people will be going to a midnight sale to pick up their copy......then come home and sit around or sleep for 5 hours before they can actually play.

I assume the situation is even more absurd in Europe.

I was thinking about this over the weekend, anyone buying the physical edition has an 18 gig download MINIMUM ahead of them. They'll be lucky if they're playing by 5 AM.

Namikaze1

I'm only up to Episode 17. Haven't had time to play it much, I'm so behind.
I just beat chapter 1. By just I mean last night. I needed a break after that mission. My hands were shaking during the whole thing. It's episode 31.

Been mostly doing Side Ops. Have done over 60% of the side ops in the game.

Garryk

Is Skolas harder, easier, or about the same with the new Light system? It's the last thing I need for MoT, but I don't have a ton of time to invest in it today.

ocean

Banned
Is Skolas harder, easier, or about the same with the new Light system? It's the last thing I need for MoT, but I don't have a ton of time to invest in it today.
I've heard there's a mythical member of this thread, maybe one who posted a few minutes ago, who gets strange adrenaline thrills from helping people in your position...tales have it he's killed Skolas nearly 100 times. Nearly.

As for difficulty, I don't think it's harder but definitely more tedious with the shotgun nerf to clear the 5 rounds prior to Skolas. Just more time spent shooting, but not necessarily harder encounters.

Edit: lol Ocean pls :p

Technically you dish out and can take slightly more damage (~4%) than before. But the GHorn and especially shotgun nerfs have made it harder or at least more tedious. With a competent group it's almost exactly the same though. Just have to be smarter about burning him down for the second mine spawns.

Round 4 is the only part that's really gotten worse and it's still very manageable. Just tedious. Are you PS4? When are you looking to do it?

Lnkn52

I've heard there's a mythical member of this thread, maybe one who posted a few minutes ago, who gets strange adrenaline thrills from helping people in your position...tales have it he's killed Skolas nearly 100 times. Nearly.

As for difficulty, I don't think it's harder but definitely more tedious with the shotgun nerf to clear the 5 rounds prior to Skolas. Just more time spent shooting, but not necessarily harder encounters.

I've played with this mysterious player last night and I must say, he has the encounter down to a science. It's like he was the one who designed it.

What's the point of the character level now?
To use certain gear it seems.

ocean

Banned
Who won the Tourney and MVP?
Double Negative (Xbox crew) won 3-1. Across the four games though I'd be surprised if the added score difference was more than 2,00, all
The matches were extremely close. Great stuff.

Don't know who MVP was though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom