• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
I've played with this mysterious player last night and I must say, he has the encounter down to a science. It's like he was the one who designed it.

To use certain gear it seems.
Praising VoG but smack talking Scrota while hyping King's Fall...Drizz stealth member of raid design team A confirmed.

E92 M3

It was kinda anticlimatic when they won by points, but I was internally screaming at Triple for not standing in the circle when his team was capturing. They would have won instead. I wanted to see another match.

Simonnnnn

Nope - 5AM EST tomorrow. Bungie.net has a countdown clock.

Funny to think that hundreds of people will be going to a midnight sale to pick up their copy......then come home and sit around or sleep for 5 hours before they can actually play.

I assume the situation is even more absurd in Europe.

10AM in morning

Raybunny

I've heard there's a mythical member of this thread, maybe one who posted a few minutes ago, who gets strange adrenaline thrills from helping people in your position...tales have it he's killed Skolas nearly 100 times. Nearly.

As for difficulty, I don't think it's harder but definitely more tedious with the shotgun nerf to clear the 5 rounds prior to Skolas. Just more time spent shooting, but not necessarily harder encounters.

So mythical that the mythical realm talks about this mythical character in songs, forbidden arts and sculptures! *Affirmative Nods*

Garryk

Technically you dish out and can take slightly more damage (~4%) than before. But the GHorn and especially shotgun nerfs have made it harder or at least more tedious. With a competent group it's almost exactly the same though. Just have to be smarter about burning him down for the second mine spawns.

Round 4 is the only part that's really gotten worse and it's still very manageable. Just tedious. Are you PS4? When are you looking to do it?

Yes, I'm on PS4. I probably won't be able to play until after 8 tonight (US Central time).

My brother-in-law tried to knock it out for me this weekend since he had some free time, but they got stuck on round 4. I've never played past round 3.

ocean

Banned
Double Neg got the 3rd W by a zone cap. It finished 3-1 with some really sweaty matches.

Not sure who won MVP, but im guessing its Srahb.
Srahb is probably the best contender yeah. He was killing it throughout, very consistent.

Next Armday tourney is gonna be 64 teams, double the crazy. I'm wondering if all the drama will lead to more strict and explicit rules on team formation or some guys deciding to sit it out because of this last experience.

So tell me if im doing this right, all my quests are ready to be turned in, all my bounties are ready too and i kept my legendary engrams. Anything else?

SheHateMe

Stalker Instant__Vintage, the Hive Conqueror.

Monte Carlo was my most used Exotic. (It was my first exotic, after all.) Top 7% in headshots. Top 6% in Hive Acolyte kills.

And one Skolas kill. Just one. But it was all I needed.

I'm really grateful for the DGAF community here. As a new father the month before Destiny dropped last year, I couldn't (and wouldn't) commit the time needed for everything, and actually stopped playing right after TDB came out. Picked it back up right when HoW came out and have been playing ever since.

I'm expecting to do more in Year Two; my fiancee is expecting me to double my total play time from Year One. She might be right.

We became legends, all of us. Oryx has heard our legends and he wants to extinguish our light. I say we light him up.

Corny, I know, but fuck it. Feeling good this morning. Ready for Year Two.

Anastasis

So tell me if im doing this right, all my quests are ready to be turned in, all my bounties are ready too and i kept my legendary engrams. Anything else?

If you've run the nightfall you can test all 5 gunsmith guns and hit rank 1 with him and hopefully order a legendary weapon from him on Tuesday.

You can edge your rank on a vanguard/crucible/faction of choice to just before it hits a new rank to quickly receive a package from one of them on Tuesday (starts at rank 3 so at least be right before rank 3).

That's all I can think of.

EL CUCO

Srahb is probably the best contender yeah. He was killing it throughout, very consistent.

Next Armday tourney is gonna be 64 teams, double the crazy. I'm wondering if all the drama will lead to more strict and explicit rules on team formation or some guys deciding to sit it out because of this last experience.
64 teams is going to be a mess lol they need to really tighten up the rules with that many teams involved

If you've run the nightfall you can test all 5 gunsmith guns and hit rank 1 with him and hopefully order a legendary weapon from him on Tuesday.

You can edge your rank on a vanguard/crucible/faction of choice to just before it hits a new rank to quickly receive a package from one of them on Tuesday (starts at rank 3 so at least be right before rank 3).

That's all I can think of.

Yeah i did the guns, but i didn't have nightfall for the first 3, i should hit rank 1 with my next gun.

What's the point of the character level now?

Limits what you can equip. Probably gates off certain activities as well, however light is more important.

I do think all these articles about how leveling is "fixed" in Destiny are funny since your light level is still the most important stat your character has. Your still going to need RNG drops to get more powerful and complete end game activities.

ocean

Banned
64 teams is going to be a mess lol they need to really tighten up the rules with that many teams involved
I hope they go for 3v3 next time though. I'd like to see more snipes in the mix and Control with a cramped map full of top tier players isn't really a place you wanna bring a sniper rifle to.

It would be amazing if a GAF team were to sign up :) some of you guys definitely have the gunskill, the only disadvantage would be playing more often against randoms than sweating teams but it could still be super interesting.

Stabie is your desk ready?

Namikaze1

Just need to close the page and get back to it, took me a few tries but it worked eventually.
I tried multiple times. Only time it actually went up was when I tried it on the PS4's web browser. Then it got stuck there (@ 25) for a while before the browser crashed.

Tried it on Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. :(

E92 M3

Limits what you can equip. Probably gates off certain activities as well, however light is more important.

I do think all these articles about how leveling is "fixed" in Destiny are funny since your light level is still the most important stat your character has. Your still going to need RNG drops to get more powerful and complete end game activities.

Light level progression is very linear and smooth compared to what it was. A person can come in 10 points underlevel and do okay without suffering ~30% damage nerf. Bungie wants it to be a slow climb.

Now what I don't like is that we don't have a single vanity item.

FyreWulff

There are two key differences to the old system (pulling max numbers out my butt because i haven't bothered to dig in for fear of spoilers):

1. Level 40 with 270 light and Level 40 with 280 light. 280 light is more advantageous but it's more of a min-max than a requirement. In the old system, being level 33 to 34 enemies was a 33% reduction in armor and damage. The new system is more granular, you could be taking a penalty of like, 2%. Not make or break but the hardcore will care.

2. (afiak) No activity will be gated off once you're at max player level. Light level will be recommended, but once you're to 40 all your gear will be at the floor of Light to enter the activity anyway. We're only gated off from most Heroics right now because of the weird limbo patch week - we're stuck with Year 1 gear looking at Year 2 UI.

Since it's all EXP based now, everyone with TTK will be able to get to 40. After that, you're min/maxing your gear for damage output with characteristics you'd like to have. Before, you were forced to have certain characteristics on your gear to be max level. House of Wolves decoupled this already a bit with Ascension.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
someone online who would not mind helping me with a few story quests? I'm lvl 14 right now and need to do "chamber of night" and "fist of crota" :)

PSN is eagel

Between MNF starting tonight (
Eagle_smiley.jpg
) and TTK launching tomorrow, today is going to be a really long day. UGH

GlamFM

Banned

Yeah it is funny - it has not really changed at all - it just sucks a lot more now.

Ambitious

I tried multiple times. Only time it actually went up was when I tried it on the PS4's web browser. Then it got stuck there (@ 25) for a while before the browser crashed.

Tried it on Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. :(

Has nothing to do with the browser. Just refresh it once in a while. Sometimes it will be stuck at 0%, sometimes at 25%, but at some point it will work.

ich00

Between MNF starting tonight (
Eagle_smiley.jpg
) and TTK launching tomorrow, today is going to be a really long day. UGH

The eagles
GO BIRDS!
game hopfully will keep me up until it's time to head over to gamestop for the midnight launch, then grab some sleep to wake up at 5 to play till I head to work at 7. My wife thinks I'm crazy...

EL CUCO

Im pretty sure it's gonna be at least level
40 with 280
light for NF and NM KF. That was confirmed for NF at least.

Get your grind on!
Thats a pretty large gap. I hope we can all get there before Raid night. I forgot what it was like to play PvE!!

So many good games out right now that I need to finish (MGS V + Witcher 3 + GTA O new updates)

TTK dropping

Puppy coming in two weeks

I hope I do not turn into a casual Destiny player--I need my hardcore raid teams.

Also I wonder what will be coming for armsday tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom