• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
does anyone know whats happening to our current accumulated marks? Will they be converted to the new mark system?
They'll be converted into Commendations, a consumable item you can transfer between characters and dismantle for reputation with your pledged faction.

The eagles
GO BIRDS!
game hopfully will keep me up until it's time to head over to gamestop for the midnight launch, then grab some sleep to wake up at 5 to play till I head to work at 7. My wife thinks I'm crazy...
Yeah, I was hoping for a midnight launch to ride the high from MNF into TTK. Oh well, it will be better to get some sleep and play all day =)

Call me when the Eagles actually win something important lol.
Soon. Chip is building something here!

btw, most people forget they did win a championship before it became the 'Super Bowl'

You'll get 1 commendation for every 50 VG/Crucible mark tomorrow.

I would just hold onto them. Mats are easy to get nowadays.

Do we know how this is going to work exactly? Will it be adding both together, then giving you points, or per 50 of each seperately? And how about if you've not got exactly 50? Does it round to or down?

I mean I've got 48 Crucible marks and 104 Vanguards, so 152 total. Am I going to get 2, 3 or 4 comendation packs?

Do we know how this is going to work exactly? Will it be adding both together, then giving you points, or per 50 of each seperately? And how about if you've not got exactly 50? Does it round to or down?

I mean I've got 48 Crucible marks and 104 Vanguards, so 152 total. Am I going to get 2, 3 or 4 comendation packs?

They will round down. I'd bet dollars to donuts they don't combine, so you'd get 2 total :-/

But to be fair nobody knows for sure yet.

SpecX

Sweet, Destiny PS4 bundle has shipped. Sucks they used UPS since I planned in having FedEx hold the package so I could pick it up from the station at 8 when they opened, but at least UPS delivers earlier than FedEx in my area.

Sweet, Destiny PS4 bundle has shipped. Sucks they used UPS since I planned in having FedEx hold the package so I could pick it up from the station at 8 when they opened, but at least UPS delivers earlier than FedEx in my area.

Who did you order from?

My body is ready DGAF. Condo is clean. Fridge is stocked. Just need to pick up my CE at midnight and I am good to go for 4am.

Who else has the week off?

200 marks from Vanguard, 200 marks from Crucible.

1 package is 50 marks.

200 / 50 = 4

2 * 4 = 8

Getting mathematical up in here. 3*8 = 24 commendations per account that has 3 characters.

"1 package is 50 marks"

Do you mean "1 commendation is 50 marks?"

1 reward package definitely =/= 50 marks.

Yes, he meant one commendation. Iirc the commendations were 250 rep before? No Nightfall bonus this time.

Juraash

Well a week and a half later and still no response from red regarding my code. Odds are good my leveling plans will be soured a smidge. Still, I'm excited that we are on the final stretch before the expansion. I'm going to have to give this thread a wide berth on while I'm at work this week, it'll just drag otherwise lol.

Edit: And my Warlock's legend video is still borked, bah. I need them stats!

I assume VG and Crucible commendations will be separate. So in your case that's 0 crucible and 2 VG.

I would try to get 2 more crucible marks before tomorrow if you can.

amar212

Picking up mine at 10:00 tommorow. And rushing home to play on old console using DL codes. I do not see transferring to LE before Thursday.

ocean

Banned
How'd you calculate 8 packages from that?
Max Mark cap was 1,200 if you had full V and C on each character. At a 50 to 1 conversion rate, that's 24 commendations.

24 commendations * 250 rep each = 6,000 rep. Each rank level up is 2,500 rep.

Vanguard/Crucible get 100% of this and a bonus 50% is added to your pledged faction. So if you pool it all to one character, he'll get:

3,000 rep to Vanguard + 1,500 to Faction
3,000 rep to Crucible + 1,500 to Faction

Where it gets tricky is using Faction Class Items which boost rep gains and stuff like the Nightfall buff which won't be present but somehow compensated for according to Bungie.

Basically we gotta wait and see how the math pans out I guess.

Homeboyd

Max Mark cap was 1,200 if you had full V and C on each character. At a 50 to 1 conversion rate, that's 24 commendations.

24 commendations * 250 rep each = 6,000 rep. Each rank level up is 2,500 rep.

Vanguard/Crucible get 100% of this and a bonus 50% is added to your pledged faction. So if you pool it all to one character, he'll get:

3,000 rep to Vanguard + 1,500 to Faction
3,000 rep to Crucible + 1,500 to Faction

Where it gets tricky is using Faction Class Items which boost rep gains and stuff like the Nightfall buff which won't be present but somehow compensated for according to Bungie.

Basically we gotta wait and see how the math pans out I guess.
Right, I understand how many commendations you get. But he said "packages" which is what was confusing. Packages come from leveling factions at 2500 rep each. You won't get a package with 50 marks lol.

EL CUCO

So many good games out right now that I need to finish (MGS V + Witcher 3 + GTA O new updates)

TTK dropping

Puppy coming in two weeks

I hope I do not turn into a casual Destiny player--I need my hardcore raid teams.

Also I wonder what will be coming for armsday tomorrow.
Armsday is on Wednesday's. So now we have a new day of some form of reset to look forward to. Destiny is slowly consuming our lives.

I'm not that worried about all the min/max progression for TTK. I feel like I'll have time to grind out sufficient Light gear for one character at least for the raid. That's the only time crunch, after finishing the blind raid I don't care that much about progression.

The Pats cheated!

This is a factual statement. No spoiler tags necessary!

noomi

My body is ready DGAF. Condo is clean. Fridge is stocked. Just need to pick up my CE at midnight and I am good to go for 4am.

Who else has the week off?

Haha, nice man. I've made all the necessary preparations as well!

I'm only off Tuesday/Wednesday though. Hopefully enough to get the bulk of what I want done :D

ocean

Banned
Right, I understand how many commendations you get. But he said "packages" which is what was confusing. Packages come from leveling factions at 2500 rep each. You won't get a package with 50 marks lol.
No we'll get 12 Vanguard and 12 Crucible commendations, and it takes 10 of them to rank up (assuming no buffs). With Factions only getting a 50% cut and no clear information on what the Nightfall buff replacement we'll be its wait and see.

But you will not get 8 packages via Commendations that's for sure. That would require like twice the number of commendations we will get, even assuming generous stacked buffs.

The only way to really rank up like crazy was to have spent the Coins on Xur to buy a couple thousand Heavy Ammo synthesis to trade them in at your pledged faction.

I'm not that worried about all the min/max progression for TTK. I feel like I'll have time to grind out sufficient Light gear for one character at least for the raid. That's the only time crunch, after finishing the blind raid I don't care that much about progression.

Yeah, I'm holding on to what I have for XP tomorrow but I'm not bothering to like hoard stuff until I get the subclass quest or hit 40 or anything like that. I'm taking a bunch of days off so I'm in no hurry.

:)

ocean

Banned
just reputation then? not a currency to buy armor?
Correct, we'll start with a clean slate currency wise. The new tiers are so far above our current stuff though that you can expect random green and blue armor drops from just playing the game to offer some degree of progression over what we have now while we save up Legendary Marks for the real gear.
You can't get them anymore, sorry :-/

Vanguard and Crucible Marks don't exist anymore basically.
I don't know because mine are capped but I heard in the thread that Public Events are still paying 4 V Marks - this confirmed? Sounds bogus but then again, this is Destiny :p

Did anyone actually do that?

Yes a couple of people here have 3000+ heavy synths....

IMHO strange coins will be more useful buying the "three of coins" buff to increase the chance of exotic drops...their unofficial description also says they stack...but we'll have to wait until a real Xur is released before we know for sure.

Correct, we'll start with a clean slate currency wise. The new tiers are so far above our current stuff though that you can expect random green and blue armor drops from just playing the game to offer some degree of progression over what we have now while we save up Legendary Marks for the real gear.

I don't know because mine are capped but I heard in the thread that Public Events are still paying 4 V Marks - this confirmed? Sounds bogus but then again, this is Destiny :p

Yep, and the bonus 2 from getting gold in them once a day. Sucks about the crucible marks, and I do not fancy grinding a dozen public events to make up for it. Ah well.

Yes a couple of people here have 3000+ heavy synths....

IMHO strange coins will be more useful buying the "three of coins" buff to increase the chance of exotic drops...their unofficial description also says they stack...but we'll have to wait until a real Xur is released before we know for sure.

Looking forward to that three of coins thing.

With Factions only getting a 50% cut and no clear information on what the Nightfall buff replacement we'll be its wait and see.
I look at the XP on the new bounties and the fact that factions are only getting 50% rep now (though it's nice that 100% is going to vanguard or crucible as well) and I have a feeling we'll be crying foul over the statement: "We've adjusted sources of XP and Reputation up to account for its absence."

I predict there will NO change come tomorrow and the Nightfall buff will simply be gone. Bungie will make excuses like the availability of the weekly bounties and reputation from quests. I hope I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom