• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
I just think none of them were confident enough with the sniper when the shotgun provides such an easy kill instead. And secondly, that's why I always said hand cannons allowed for a very flexible playstyle. That said, we can't make any final calls until playing TTK for a while.
Some of those guys are pretty amazing snipers (Srabh is insanely good with his), I'm not sure it was a matter of confidence. It's just when playing 6v6 against a top level team, and specially without any close quarter primaries worth a damn, a shotgun isn't really optional.

Playing 3s there's less frenzied radar bloom from all sides and rushing is a lot more dangerous, making snipers a more viable choice. A good slayer with a bullshit shotty is never a bad thing, but I'm 100% sure you'd have also seen some sniper action had they played 3v3.

+ that pulse and MIDA flinch is a bitch :p

noomi

You're not going to do missions for your other classes each day? My plan is to do all bounties for each class each day and then focus on my titan with whatever time I have left to get him to 40. Hate wasting a day of bounties!

It depends on how quickly I can get to level 40, right now that's the main goal.

Priority #1: Get Hunter to level 40 and ready to raid.
Priority #2: Get Nightstalker class fully leveled.

After that I'll most likely alternate between each character to get them up as well.

vctor182

Warlocks need higher class item to be competitive, Hunters get Frumious Cloack they are the #MasterRace.

Oh man, I'm getting my PS4 bundle tonight!!! Please add me: Vctor182

Christoph-Waltz-Dancing-in-Chair-Inglourious-Basterds.gif

I'm off Wed-Fri this week! I'll see you online for sure. You doing a blind raid when it hits?

YES! YES! YES! PUMA!

HMMM! Blind raid you say? Of course man! Where's Rene!? Where's Myopic!?

I want to get through the main story missions, and do whatever strikes/nightfalls/bounties I can to level up to 40 and finish up the nightstalker subclass. This will be over the course of this entire week though, I just want to be able to get into the raid on the 18th.

After that I'll level my other characters.

I agree, I see you in-game in fireteams all the time and we usually post around the same time, yet we haven't played much together lol. I'll be on a lot over the next few days so if you see me, feel free to hop into our party chat :)

Sweet. Will do!

You just don't know the pure epic-ness that is the Dirty Ape. ;-p

Haha. Oh man, I can't wait for new trials with you breh!

E92 M3

The nerf really did nothing it seems for PvP. Makes the PvE nerf funny.

The PVE nerf was horrendous and so far the one thing I truly dislike about 2.0

Nah. We have adults for that.

Do you guys have an exotic sword cake for launch since the Gjally was nerfed?!

Some of those guys are pretty amazing snipers (Srabh is insanely good with his), I'm not sure it was a matter of confidence. It's just when playing 6v6 against a top level team, and specially without any close quarter primaries worth a damn, a shotgun isn't really optional.

Playing 3s there's less frenzied radar bloom from all sides and rushing is a lot more dangerous, making snipers a more viable choice. A good slayer with a bullshit shotty is never a bad thing, but I'm 100% sure you'd have also seen some sniper action had they played 3v3.

I think it's just a testament to how the shotgun nerf didn't do much for PVP. Essentially, hand cannons were traded for pulse rifles.

Piccoro

I'm sure a lot of you are aware of this, but the Destiny demo on PS4 is now the full vanilla game.
No more level caps, you can do everything in the demo.

Because of this I played Destiny for the first time yesterday, and damn this game is awesome!
I'm literally suffering here at work thinking about the game. I just want to go home and do my Guardian stuff :p

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It depends on how quickly I can get to level 40, right now that's the main goal.

Priority #1: Get Hunter to level 40 and ready to raid.
Priority #2: Get Nightstalker class fully leveled.

After that I'll most likely alternate between each character to get them up as well.

I have to admit, I haven't even looked at any of the new subclasses. Can't imagine anything is more useful for my titan than my bubble, or self rez for my warlock. I'd only switch on my hunter, probably.

EL CUCO

I'm sure a lot of you are aware of this, but the Destiny demo on PS4 is now the full vanilla game.

Because of this I played Destiny for the first time yesterday, and damn this game is awesome!
I'm literally suffering here at work thinking about the game. I just want to go home and do my Guardian stuff :p
One of us!

So the Suros Arsenal package. I saw a ton of people yesterday with that emblem. I still don't have it. It never showed up for me at the postmasters!

Kyoufu

I have to admit, I haven't even looked at any of the new subclasses. Can't imagine anything is more useful for my titan than my bubble, or self rez for my warlock. I'd only switch on my hunter, probably.

Melting Point looks like the best PVE ability in the game to me. Every fireteam will need one.

After playing PvP the whole week, I can definitely say that I don't like it.
Rift is mostly a shitshow, where everyone camps the Spark to get points, while you almost get no points for killing the runner. Really easy to get spawn trapped and die over and over again. And there's the spawns. I've been killed at least 20 times out of the spawn by people with rockets already pointed at you. Luckily, TTK released tomorrow so that I can stay away from PvP as far as I can.

Lnkn52

Since the demo is the full game, is there a purchase now button to unlock the rest of the game instead of downloading it again?

ich00

Welcome!

I knew this was the case on Xbone, not on PS4 as well. Does this mean I don't need a disc copy of the vanilla game? Or is the demo gimped in someway? It would be nice not to need the disc anymore.

ocean

Banned

Do you guys have an exotic sword cake for launch since the Gjally was nerfed?!

I think it's just a testament to how the shotgun nerf didn't do much for PVP. Essentially, hand cannons were traded for pulse rifles.
Yeah, it's a complex system. Shotguns are definitely weaker compared to their past selves, but are actually more effective than they used to be because now there's no close quarters primaries. If we had pre 2.0 Hand Cannons with the current shotguns, shotties would be extremely hard to use. As it is, everyone being gimped with lame Pulses, you're defenseless against a rushing shotty unless you pull out your own or catch him from afar. So even though shotguns are weaker than they were, they are now completely dominant in close quarters where it's ultra hard to counter them with anything other than another shotty. If HCs got their accuracy and stability back, even with the cut range, you'd see the shotgun nerf more clearly.
And from where will you get the Commendations? Van/Cruciable marks?
Yes, all your V/C marks will turn into Commendations automatically.

noomi

I think the shotgun PvE nerf was too excessive, the 10% would have been fine... but 50%?

C'mon man.....

Wait, are we referring to Bad Juju as Hawkmoon now?

Not me, Hawkmoon is still Hawkmoon. In the right hands, the thing still kicks ass.

Although the Bad Juju is also very good.

Do we know exactly when the TTK CE add-on will be available?

Most likely at some point tomorrow.

Piccoro

Since the demo is the full game, is there a purchase now button to unlock the rest of the game instead of downloading it again?

There is no purchase now button. But then again, I think the demo is the full game, there's nothing missing except the DLC and the trophies!

Welcome!

I knew this was the case on Xbone, not on PS4 as well. Does this mean I don't need a disc copy of the vanilla game? Or is the demo gimped in someway? It would be nice not to need the disc anymore.

On Reddit people reported that they uninstalled the original retail Destiny then installed the demo and they have access to everything, including the previously bought DLC!
The only difference on the demo is no trophies, and it says "Trial version" in the top left corner during the part where we are on the ship to select the world to travel to.

lt519

So HidingMyThunder and I are going to run the story tomorrow starting around 1PM EST. Does anyone want to join us on our adventures? I plan on playing pretty much all day, with the occasional 15 minute food/bathroom/eye-rest break. A third would be totally welcome.

E92 M3

Yeah, it's a complex system. Shotguns are definitely weaker compared to their past selves, but are actually more effective than they used to be because now there's no close quarters primaries. If we had pre 2.0 Hand Cannons with the current shotguns, shotties would be extremely hard to use. As it is, everyone being gimped with lame Pulses, you're defenseless against a rushing shotty unless you pull out your own or catch him from afar. So even though shotguns are weaker than they were, they are now completely dominant in close quarters where it's ultra hard to counter them with anything other than another shotty. If HCs got their accuracy and stability back, even with the cut range, you'd see the shotgun nerf more clearly.

Yes, all your V/C marks will turn into Commendations automatically.

Exactly, I've always said that HC were a great counter to shotties, but Bungie literally nerfed them to ground. I've literally (counted) been killed 4 times by a hand cannon since the patch hit.

I think the shotgun PvE nerf was too excessive, the 10% would have been fine... but 50%?

C'mon man.....

Not me, Hawkmoon is still Hawkmoon. In the right hands, the thing still kicks ass.

Most likely at some point tomorrow.

Yeah, don't get me started on the shotgun nerf for PVE. It was way too excessive. Bungie basically said that no fun was allowed.

I'm completely unaware of the extent of the Hawkmoon nerf. Although I will say I haven't encountered it once in PvP since 2.0 dropped

Lnkn52

There is no purchase now button. But then again, I think the demo is the full game, there's nothing missing except the DLC and the trophies!

So is your progression in the demo going to reset once you buy the game?

Xbox One owner here looking to do crazy things.

Legendary Marks.

Ok, hoping they change the conversion. Pretty lame marks to mats price right now. I was really hoping farming mats was a thing of the past, but unless all the new gear requires far less mats, the grind is still there. I don't know why nodes on the planets just can't give 3-8 each time you harvest. There is even that completely pointless grimore card boost that did absolutely nothing after unlocking it.

So has anyone done any thinking on this whole new manufacturer thing they hinted at in the first Bungie Stream?

There's that logo on Bannerfall and all the Crucible weapons have that Blue/Green styling.

What do you think? We find something out there to inspire Shaxx to get into the foundry game??

XD

ocean

Banned
I'm completely unaware of the extent of the Hawkmoon nerf. Although I will say I haven't encountered it once in PvP since 2.0 dropped
It's not garbage, anyone who says so is exaggerating. But it's literally never gonna be your optimal choice. Assuming equal skill, 1v1 at any range your opponent will have the upper hand if he's using a Pulse Rifle or Scout or Shotgun. If you're ultra pro mode like Zoba you can maneuver around the accuracy nerf and remain effective but you're still handicapping yourself vs the effectiveness of Pulse Rifles with their silly range, stagger, and double tap kills.

lt519

Ok, hoping they change the conversion. Pretty lame marks to mats price right now. I was really hoping farming mats was a thing of the past, but unless all the new gear requires far less mats, the grind is still there. I don't know why nodes on the planets just can't give 3-8 each time you harvest. There is even that completely pointless grimore card boost that did absolutely nothing after unlocking it.

Starting with HoW it was like 5 mats per tree, so at most you'll need like 15-20 mats per armor/weapon. It's not as bad as it used to be. I loaded up on them though, each of my characters has 200 of each mat and then I have 200 of each mat in the vault. Also if you get your PoE rank up Variks gives a pretty badass package to Level 3. 1000 Glimmer and 20 of each mat each week.

Kyoufu

There are pieces of gear (Ghosts?) that have perks to boost the number of materials you extract.

E92 M3

So is your progression in the demo going to reset once you buy the game?

Xbox One owner here looking to do crazy things.

No, you keep your progress.

It's only about 5 planetary materials per upgrade.

There are pieces of gear (Ghosts?) that have perks to boost the number of materials you extract.

You probably missed my question (or I missed your answer)

You said earlier you thought not having faction alignment was a good thing until level 40, but I didn't understand why. It seems to me getting faction allegiance right away helps get packages from them faster.

Did I misunderstand you or can you explain what you meant?

Starting with HoW it was like 5 mats per tree, so at most you'll need like 15-20 mats per armor/weapon. It's not as bad as it used to be. I loaded up on them though, each of my characters has 200 of each mat and then I have 200 of each mat in the vault. Also if you get your PoE rank up Variks gives a pretty badass package to Level 3. 1000 Glimmer and 20 of each mat each week.

It's only about 5 planetary materials per upgrade.

Yes! Glad to hear it.

Kyoufu

You probably missed my question (or I missed your answer)

You said earlier you thought not having faction alignment was a good thing until level 40, but I didn't understand why. It seems to me getting faction allegiance right away helps get packages from them faster.

Did I misunderstand you or can you explain what you meant?

Only applies to those who have edged their rep. My reasoning was that if the package rewards were appropriate for your current level then it'd be best to wait until 40 to rank up.

If it's not level based then it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom