• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm on PS4. I probably won't be able to play until after 8 tonight (US Central time).

My brother-in-law tried to knock it out for me this weekend since he had some free time, but they got stuck on round 4. I've never played past round 3.

Ok, no worries. I told one guy I could help him at 6:30 pm CPT so we could probably do a run after I finish that one.

Vast majority of runs take 60-90 minutes. Slightly longer on average since the 2.0 nerfs.

1. Level 40 with 270 light and Level 40 with 280 light. 280 light is more advantageous but it's more of a min-max than a requirement. In the old system, being level 33 to 34 enemies was a 33% reduction in armor and damage. The new system is more granular, you could be taking a penalty of like, 2%. Not make or break but the hardcore will care.

I'd hold off judgement on the actual numbers being remotely that favorable. I know you were just throwing out hypotheticals but being 5 Light down for Skolas (170 Light when enemies are 175 aka Lv35) is surprisingly close to the full level disadvantage of the previous system.

They wanted to simplify things but at least for now holy cow the new system is more confusing.

Juraash

Correct, we'll start with a clean slate currency wise. The new tiers are so far above our current stuff though that you can expect random green and blue armor drops from just playing the game to offer some degree of progression over what we have now while we save up Legendary Marks for the real gear.

I don't know because mine are capped but I heard in the thread that Public Events are still paying 4 V Marks - this confirmed? Sounds bogus but then again, this is Destiny :p

The public events thing is true, I used it to round out my Titan's Vanguard marks yesterday.

ocean

Banned
What's the point in waiting for tomorrow? Hoping for TTK rewards?

Holy shit
Of course! We've been tipping our Factions as close as possible to the edge for tomorrow because there's no point in getting a package before TTK. Bungie was wise enough to lock us into a single Faction per week, meaning we can't tip over every exactions and get packages from all of them tomorrow.

But with bounties, heavy ammo, commendations etc tomorrow will be a package fest :)

I'm funneling everything to a single character to improve my odds of being Raid-ready by Friday.

Haha, nice man. I've made all the necessary preparations as well!

I'm only off Tuesday/Wednesday though. Hopefully enough to get the bulk of what I want done :D

I got lucky. We had a big crunch this year for the product we shipped and the boss said I could have some days off after launch. I decided to pair that with some vacation days for maximum benefit!

What are you looking to accomplish? I was trying to figure my gameplan out. I think I am going to get everyone to 40 and then focus on my main toon so I can raid.

Does anyone know the details on that? I am guessing level 40 and light level 210-280 right?

Also, seriously Noomi, we need to play together sometime!

I look at the XP on the new bounties and the fact that factions are only getting 50% rep now (though it's nice that 100% is going to vanguard or crucible as well) and I have a feeling we'll be crying foul over the statement: "We've adjusted sources of XP and Reputation up to account for its absence."

I predict there will NO change come tomorrow and the Nightfall buff will simply be gone. Bungie will make excuses like the availability of the weekly bounties and reputation from quests. I hope I am wrong.

Definitely possible. This is the company that claimed their TDB re-leveling catastrophe was actually expediting the leveling process because they didn't require Ascendant materials anymore. Since 200,000 XP (or whatever the number is) to level an exotic weapon was so easy to come by :-/

E92 M3

What really upset me about the tournament yesterday was that not a single person used sniper rifles. The kill feed was just nonstop shotguns and the occasional pulse rifle/super/scout.

ocean

Banned
Ok, no worries. I told one guy I could help him at 6:30 pm CPT so we could probably do a run after I finish that one.

Vast majority of runs take 60-90 minutes. Slightly longer on average since the 2.0 nerfs.

I'd hold off judgement on the actual numbers being remotely that favorable. I know you were just throwing out hypotheticals but being 5 Light down for Skolas (170 Light when enemies are 175 aka Lv35) is surprisingly close to the full level disadvantage of the previous system.

They wanted to simplify things but at least for now holy cow the new system is more confusing.
I think it's because the curve will only be normally smoothed out along Light levels once we're 40, but we'll have to wait and see. This game has the most obtuse damage scaling systems I've ever seen in my life.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
What a horrible time to be jobless! Don't have the money for TTK, so I'm living vicariously through all ya'll.

Question though: Without having TTK but having all the rest of Destiny, will I just max out at 34 with all classes and that's it, plus not be able to do new content obviously? I would imagine nothing else will be available to me...

Exactly this. I almost with they would just get rid of the light level all together or explain it a bit better.

I'm funneling everything to a single character to improve my odds of being Raid-ready by Friday.

How can you transfer the packages from the postmaster to another postmaster on an alt character ? or are you just talking about sending all the stuff you get to ONE of the characters once the faction,vanguard,cruciable rewards have rolled?

E92 M3

What a horrible time to be jobless! Don't have the money for TTK, so I'm living vicariously through all ya'll.

Question though: Without having TTK but having all the rest of Destiny, will I just max out at 34 with all classes and that's it, plus not be able to do new content obviously? I would imagine nothing else will be available to me...

image.php

urk

butthole fishhooking yes

Forgot how to gaf!

Of course! We've been tipping our Factions as close as possible to the edge for tomorrow because there's no point in getting a package before TTK. Bungie was wise enough to lock us into a single Faction per week, meaning we can't tip over every exactions and get packages from all of them tomorrow.

But with bounties, heavy ammo, commendations etc tomorrow will be a package fest :)

Nice, I have done the same in the past but got lazy this time around...

ocean

Banned
What really upset me about the tournament yesterday was that not a single person used sniper rifles. The kill feed was just nonstop shotguns and the occasional pulse rifle/super/scout.
TLW being dead and then playing Control basically.

In Skirmish or Salvage you'd have seen at the very least one sniper per team, but with so many people rushing around you just can't afford not having a close up 1v1 solution. Specially when the only viable primaries are clunky ass Pulse and Scouts which fare super poorly at close range where the FoV on ADS makes it really hard to track a warrior.

I'm hoping next tourney goes 3v3 because of this tbh

PuMa

I got lucky. We had a big crunch this year for the product we shipped and the boss said I could have some days off after launch. I decided to pair that with some vacation days for maximum benefit!

What are you looking to accomplish? I was trying to figure my gameplan out. I think I am going to get everyone to 40 and then focus on my main toon so I can raid.

Does anyone know the details on that? I am guessing level 40 and light level 210-280 right?

I'm off Wed-Fri this week! I'll see you online for sure. You doing a blind raid when it hits?

noomi

I want to get through the main story missions, and do whatever strikes/nightfalls/bounties I can to level up to 40 and finish up the nightstalker subclass. This will be over the course of this entire week though, I just want to be able to get into the raid on the 18th.

After that I'll level my other characters.

I agree, I see you in-game in fireteams all the time and we usually post around the same time, yet we haven't played much together lol. I'll be on a lot over the next few days so if you see me, feel free to hop into our party chat :)

ocean

Banned
How can you transfer the packages from the postmaster to another postmaster on an alt character ? or are you just talking about sending all the stuff you get to ONE of the characters once the faction,vanguard,cruciable rewards have rolled?
You can't transfer packages once earned. I'll be transferring my Commendations and cashing them all in on one character so he gets all the packages.

E92 M3

TLW being dead and then playing Control basically.

In Skirmish or Salvage you'd have seen at the very least one sniper per team, but with so many people rushing around you just can't afford not having a close up 1v1 solution. Specially when the only viable primaries are clunky ass Pulse and Scouts which fare super poorly at close range where the FoV on ADS makes it really hard to track a warrior.

I'm hoping next tourney goes 3v3 because of this tbh

I just think none of them were confident enough with the sniper when the shotgun provides such an easy kill instead. And secondly, that's why I always said hand cannons allowed for a very flexible playstyle. That said, we can't make any final calls until playing TTK for a while.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've been using the Bad Juju the last few days. How is this not the best gun not named Hawkmoon in the game? Simply love it.

purg3

slept with Malkin

The nerf really did nothing it seems for PvP. Makes the PvE nerf funny.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I want to get through the main story missions, and do whatever strikes/nightfalls/bounties I can to level up to 40 and finish up the nightstalker subclass. This will be over the course of this entire week though, I just want to be able to get into the raid on the 18th.

After that I'll level my other characters.

I agree, I see you in-game in fireteams all the time and we usually post around the same time, yet we haven't played much together lol. I'll be on a lot over the next few days so if you see me, feel free to hop into our party chat :)

You're not going to do missions for your other classes each day? My plan is to do all bounties for each class each day and then focus on my titan with whatever time I have left to get him to 40. Hate wasting a day of bounties!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom