• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadduck

After playing PvP the whole week, I can definitely say that I don't like it.
Rift is mostly a shitshow, where everyone camps the Spark to get points, while you almost get no points for killing the runner.

Give mayhem a go, its quite a lot of fun as long as you relax and concede you will die from a golden gun every few seconds. Totally different to the usual.

Rift for me is like Iron Banner, crap with randoms.

Mayhem has been the most fun for me as a defender, running weapons of light, LDR, armamentarium and suppressor grenades. Soooo gooood.

Not me, Hawkmoon is still Hawkmoon. In the right hands, the thing still kicks ass.

This right here. I'm convinced the people that are saying it isnt good anymore just don't know how to use it properly. Which is cool, not everyone's playstyle matches up with every weapon.

Lnkn52

Another question. How do you get the black tiger print shader and that emblem? When will it be given to me?

Here are the details: Players who reach level 30-plus on at least one character or buy both prior expansion packs by August 31 and buy The Taken King by Feb. 1, 2016 will receive an exclusive commemorative "Founder's Fortune" Year 1 emblem, Sparrow, armor shader "and more."

matmanx1

My legend video finally finished. https://d2y2vfdswagi25.cloudfront.n...GaRc/s53dx-h-L2b6Be7-edr6v-O-E7J8C8rd46P8.mp4

Most lethal exotic? Thorn. 3244 kills. I feel kind of scummy now. Funny thing is I haven't used Thorn in a couple of months. In PoE it was generally a scout rifle and in PVP it was generally TLW.

Top 3% in Hive Acolyte Kills (why is this a metric? I don't know but it's funny) and top 4% in kills with Super (which is kind of a cool metric!)

Nifty feature, Bungie.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Here are the details: Players who reach level 30-plus on at least one character or buy both prior expansion packs by August 31 and buy The Taken King by Feb. 1, 2016 will receive an exclusive commemorative "Founder's Fortune" Year 1 emblem, Sparrow, armor shader "and more."

I bought the digital ghost edition on release and TKK 3 days ago. even tough I'm only lvl 14 I should be good..yay.

Mupod

They've been asking me at work to pick a day to only come in for 4 hours so that I could do a half day on Saturday to run some mass updates - brainless easy work but hard to do with people here. I strategically delayed this event until this week so that I could schedule my half day on TTK's launch date. Aw yiss.

There's nothing like blind rading. Can't wait.

Will be interesting for me especially since every time I've played Destiny I was 'late to the party' and playing catch-up with people who had all the content on autopilot farm.

noomi

I'm completely unaware of the extent of the Hawkmoon nerf. Although I will say I haven't encountered it once in PvP since 2.0 dropped

They took the range on it down quite a bit, you can only get 2 lucky bullets to proc at once now, and the stability while ADS is down a bit as well

Another question. How do you get the black tiger print shader and that emblem? When will it be given to me?

These are the VIP rewards that should be available tomorrow, I believe as long as you had the game purchased before Aug 31st you are qualified to receive them

This right here. I'm convinced the people that are saying it isnt good anymore just don't know how to use it properly. Which is cool, not everyone's playstyle matches up with every weapon.

This was me the first day of 2.0 I was trying to use it the old way and it wasn't working, so I got frustrated and made the typical "Hawkmoon sucks now" post :p

I have since changed my ways.

So DestinyGAF

Gonna be dropping back into Destiny for TTK this week, starting back at Level 1 I guess, on Xbone. Get at me XBL: ViewtifulJC90

or just post your gamertags or tell me what clan to join pls halp

(mostly PVE focused, central time)

Sweet. I love the look of it.

E92 M3

Must be a fun day at Bungie. Probably sitting in front of your desk playing Destiny.

It always cracks me up a little (in a good way) that these guys and gals work on Destiny all day and then come home to play it while bitching about the same things we do.

Nice to have passion within the studio.

TyrantII

25K glimmer, 200/200 marks, factions ready.

Untitled2.png

Let's do this!

It always cracks me up a little (in a good way) that these guys and gals work on Destiny all day and then come home to play it while bitching about the same things we do.

Nice to have passion within the studio.

I wonder if luke's 20 hour marathon sesh requires burning a personal or vacation day

lmao

Kyoufu

Hey Bungie:

The quest tracking via the Ghost is great, but I think pulling up the Ghost should also show me my current Glimmer and consumable buff durations. After all, the Ghost is responsible for drawing more Glimmer out of enemies when I pop Ether Seeds, Polyphage etc.

Samus4145

COMMANDER SAMUS4145, THE CRUCIBLE CHAMPION (Warlock)

Most Lethal Exotic: Ice Breaker 4,120 kills
Best Crucible Score (Top 10%): 5,640
1 Clean Sweep Earned
Public Events (Top 6%): 61

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
still looking for new destiny players who want to play with me ^_^ (or old ones who want to start a new character) europe here. feel free to add me PSN: eagel

can't wait to play more ^_^/

FyreWulff

Hey Bungie:

The quest tracking via the Ghost is great, but I think pulling up the Ghost should also show me my current Glimmer and consumable buff durations. After all, the Ghost is responsible for drawing more Glimmer out of enemies when I pop Ether Seeds, Polyphage etc.

I wouldn't mind if they just showed the glimmer buffs as timers on the HUD

lt519

So DestinyGAF

Gonna be dropping back into Destiny for TTK this week, starting back at Level 1 I guess, on Xbone. Get at me XBL: ViewtifulJC90

or just post your gamertags or tell me what clan to join pls halp

(mostly PVE focused, central time)

Check the top post of the OT for a list of XBOX one players and some clans to join, beyond that I can't help you since I'm PSN (;

Give mayhem a go, its quite a lot of fun as long as you relax and concede you will die from a golden gun every few seconds. Totally different to the usual.

Rift for me is like Iron Banner, crap with randoms.

Mayhem has been the most fun for me as a defender, running weapons of light, LDR, armamentarium and suppressor grenades. Soooo gooood.

Mayhem has been pretty funny yes. What gets me the most is the spawns in this game.
It's so ridiculously bad, especially on the new maps. The irony is in the message that they're looking for a spawn location, only to get a rocket to the face immediately.

ocean

Banned
Just checked my Hunter (PvP main) stats.

60% of my total kills are with Hand Cannons - more than every other Primary, Secondary and Heavy combined.

16% Sniper, 10% Shotgun, 10% Rocket Launcher, 2% Machine Gun, 1% Auto, 0.5% Pulse, 0.5% Scout, 0% Sidearm/Fusion.

I think this rather explains why I find the state of PvP to be so damn lame right now :p

Lnkn52

Mayhem has been pretty funny yes. What gets me the most is the spawns in this game.
It's so ridiculously bad, especially on the new maps. The irony is in the message that they're looking for a spawn location, only to get a rocket to the face immediately.

Who'd knew that a Titan Bubble Defender would be a OP class for this mode. Those suppressor grenades are a game changer.

purg3

slept with Malkin
that video thing is really cool

My Titan
CABAL DESTROYER PURG3, THE ADJUDICATOR lol
most leathal exotic - Ice Breaker 4480 kills
Top 3% Fallen Servitor kills
Top 5% Cabal Psion kills

phen0m24

The Destiny movie thing was funny.

It called my Titan a Crucible master. I think it might be broken.
Well it does list 3 trips to Mercury. Thanks Stabie
Apparently I'm in the top 3% of Hobgoblins killed though mwahaha Die Hobs! :p
Wait wait wait one more thing

It said my most lethal exotic was: spelled thusly

S U R O S R E G I M E

UNSTOPPABLE DARRYL_M_R, THE ASSASSIN for my Exo Titan. Wish I had that title for my Human Hunter.

3 Flawless Trials (would be more but after I got all the armor I didn't want to get sweaty a lot), top 4% precision kills, and top 1% or so for headshots with weapons

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
HIVE DESTROYER ANOREGON, THE HERALD OF FATE

Fuck yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom