• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be home in 15m. Hopefully you get someone before then but otherwise I can hop in and give a hand.

Eh, thread seems super slow now for actual Destiny playing. Even the guy that originally asked for it hasn't responded for almost an hour so who knows.

We'll probably just go onto Round 5 and have someone join whenever, you're certainly welcome if no one else jumps in meanwhile.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Eh, thread seems super slow now for actual Destiny playing. Even the guy that originally asked for it hasn't responded for almost an hour so who knows.

We'll probably just go onto Round 5 and have someone join whenever, you're certainly welcome if no one else jumps in meanwhile.

Wish I was home - I only need this kill to finish my year one stuff.

purg3

slept with Malkin
My Hunter

STALKER PURG3, THE HIVE SLAYER

most lethal exotic: The Last Word
Crucible K/D ratio top 10%
Cabal K/D ratio top 2%

Makes sense as I only used my hunter for PvP mostly.

Shito

Finished my omolon bounties, phew; no way I'm doing this on all 3 characters, will only do the PVE on the other ones...
Took me like 6-7 matches to get the sniper one, and only 2 for the fusion rifle -- shows how good of a sniper I am.
Finished my session discovering Memento: is it me or does this map rock? Loved it. I also like the new crucible bounties being SO MUCH easier to complete than before.

Typing this post while the piano music kicks in while in orbit = <3

Deku Tree

Everybody hated the once under leveled "hard raids"... VoG was under leveled because of the horrible armor drop rates ... CE was force under leveled ... and so was Skolas ... so what does Bungie do? They give us a
twice under leveled
hard Kings Fall raid. LMAO

EL CUCO

Everybody hated the once under leveled "hard raids"... VoG was under leveled because of the horrible armor drop rates ... CE was force under leveled ... and so was Skolas ... so what does Bungie do? They give us a
twice under leveled
Some people are even having trouble with current stuff that they were already over leveled for, prior to 2.0

PvE is hard man.

E92 M3

It kinds sucks that Bungie is against giving us a massive stat dump for year 1 of Destiny. I'd love some granular details on how people play the game and what was accomplished.

Klyka

Banned
Man I can't wait to get my Nightstalker.
I got my purple shaders from the queen ready, I'll wear an awesome hood and i'll call myself "The Purple Arrow" and shoot people with my bow while shouting "YOU HAVE FAILED THE LAST CITY!!!!"

Kyoufu

It kinds sucks that Bungie is against giving us a massive stat dump for year 1 of Destiny. I'd love some granular details on how people play the game and what was accomplished.

I want to know how many people Xurned Gjallarhorn last month. DeeJ said the stats would be in the BWU but I didn't see it.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes

Are you for or against massive stat dumps?

Would be really cool to see a big ass summary.

Laughlin

I'm pumped for TTK. Put so many hours into the original Destiny, but I just borrowed a friends copy the whole time. Was waiting for something like the Legendary Edition to get me back in. I'll love to play with anyone.

Wilde

I think I'm finally fully prepared:

NVs5URS.jpg

rXm9vdi.jpg

On Each Character:
- All Factions Edged
- Cryptarch Rank Edged
- Rank 1 on Gunsmith (Ready for Armsday!)
- 16+ Public Event Packages
- 3+ Cryptarch Packages
- 16 Completed Bounties
- 200 Vanguard/200 Crucible Marks (=24 Commendations)

Klyka

Banned
twice under leveled

People have tested and found out that levels mean absolutely nothing. A Level 20 with proper light can go into a nightfall and normally fight lvl 32 enemies.

It's all about Light now,it is the only stat that matters.

Levels just gate equipment and content.

Enemy levels are just kinda there, it's their light that matters. Just because they are 42 doesn't mean their light is crazy high.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

NVs5URS.jpg

rXm9vdi.jpg

On Each Character:
- All Factions Edged
- Cryptarch Rank Edged
- 3+ Cryptarch Packages
- 16 Completed Bounties
zw, bruh, you thinking commendations are going to fall into special orders? If not you may be effed.

E92 M3

I want to know how many people Xurned Gjallarhorn last month. DeeJ said the stats would be in the BWU but I didn't see it.

Yeah, he forgot lol.

Are you for or against massive stat dumps?

Would be really cool to see a big ass summary.

I am 100% for it. I would LOVE to see as many details as possible about how people played Destiny in Year 1. Give me everything you can. No such thing as too much data for this type of stuff, in my opinion.

Wilde

zw, bruh, you thinking commendations are going to fall into special orders? If not you may be effed.

People keep talking about that, but do we have any confirmation of how they're going to drop? Even if they do take spots from the postmaster, will they be in stacks or what? Also, in the past, Cryptarch packages have been pushed into lost items if something takes their place.

Ambitious

People have tested and found out that levels mean absolutely nothing. A Level 20 with proper light can go into a nightfall and normally fight lvl 32 enemies.

Enemy levels are just kinda there, it's their light that matters. Just because they are 42 doesn't mean their light is crazy high.

What's the point, then? Why not show their light level above their heads?

Deku Tree

I'm thinking that level affects your total health stat. And you know their light is going to be higher than our max possible light too!

ocean

Banned

Signing in if you still need one

p sure the disc in all versions of Taken King retail are just the Destiny vanilla disc

the disc is more or less just a key to play the content at this point

Right exactly so if you come home at 12:01, you're not like "what I can't play taken king???" You're like "remaining download: 46 gigs"

EloquentM

aka Mannny
People keep talking about that, but do we have any confirmation of how they're going to drop? Even if they do take spots from the postmaster, will they be in stacks or what? Also, in the past, Cryptarch packages have been pushed into lost items if something takes their place.
I don't remember &#128532;
URK is here, he might know lol

Deku Tree

NVs5URS.jpg

rXm9vdi.jpg

On Each Character:
- All Factions Edged
- Cryptarch Rank Edged
- 3+ Cryptarch Packages
- 16 Completed Bounties

But how did you prepare on Xbox?

My Bungie video is just a Taken King trailer with a looping arrow overlaid. I've been reloading it all day, but it's the same every time. I am assuming it's superimposing these stats over the video for other people?

ChrisDM

I have all 3 of the raid parts to do for the Moments of Triumph and it's sad because I feel as though if I really wanted to, I could still somehow get it done. The thing is that I've never raided in this game and am super anxious about it and always have been. Don't wanna eff people's good time up for being not the greatest at this game. :(

noomi

My Bungie video is just a Taken King trailer with a looping arrow overlaid. I've been reloading it all day, but it's the same every time. I am assuming it's superimposing these stats over the video for other people?

Pretty much, gives you some of your best stats, and shows weapons used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom