• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
People complaining about the crucible test sniper are upset because it can't kill freshly revived guardians? Ok, move along. Being able to do that is stupid to begin with (yeah yeah "don't die in the open/don't revive with a sniper watching" it's still stupid).

Regarding Armsday, I completed 2 weapons before doing the nightfall, ended up 62 rep short of rank 1. But if I understand correctly, there are no orders to place this week, meaning first orders will be available next Armsday and will arrive the one after that (2 weeks from now). So I'm not missing out on anything.
Its not that you can't kill on revive - you can't even kill a weakened player on a body shot lol

that's why the bounty is kicking some people's asses

Its not that you can't kill on revive - you can't even kill a weakened player on a body shot lol

that's why the bounty is kicking some people's asses
Just keep playing until you get Pantheon. Got that three times tonight and at least half the players were focusing on that Omolon sniper instead of the rift each time.

deadduck

I liked the Omelon Sniper, felt like it was getting more headshots when I snapshotted it, rather than concentrate. Maybe high aim assist?

TLW was dead for me, but sidearms might be a viable shotgun counter.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just keep playing until you get Pantheon. Got that three times tonight and at least half the players were focusing on that Omolon sniper instead of the rift each time.

I knocked it out in 3 games or so. It still sucked lol

that FR is lovely though. I don't understand the complaints for it all

Hedge

Apparently, if you did the subclass quest, you didn't get the emblem. It will only happen after TTK. Same with the new faction quest. This is from reddit, taken from the bungie forum:
"We're aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols and Faction-specific Quests completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards."

hEist

just wasted half an hour trying to glitch into devil's lair. how does this even work? the stupid wall break is patched.

have you tried this on this "door"?

UYGk8Is.png

worked for me so far. Sometimes i get stuck while the zone loads and i am forever lost.

I knocked it out in 3 games or so. It still sucked lol

that FR is lovely though. I don't understand the complaints for it all
Complaints: it's not a shotgun. Blink fusion doesn't really work well. I still remember when fusion rifles were the meta in vanilla, lots of fun then. For people who aren't used to anticipating charge times with moving into line of sights I can see how the notion of using a fusion rifle in crucible sounds no fun.

Well rift is definitely more fun in a group. Thanks for the runs guys.

I hope when Iron Banner comes back that it is rift instead of control. Rift just feels the most like a sport that you would have tournaments for.

Pantheon needs to be weighted lower for rift. Half of the matches I played tonight we're there. It's okay but not great for rift. Also it's pantheon :(

Oh yeah. I switched to jumper tonight too now that I have moved from Bladedancer to Gunslinger and I'm getting the hang of it quicker than expected and I like it quite a bit.

Bollocks

so the field weapon test is useless this week because there are no weapons that will be delivered next Wednesday?

lol why are people even hyped about this shit like do nf first otherwise you won't reach rank 1

Oh yeah. I switched to jumper tonight too now that I have moved from Bladedancer to Gunslinger and I'm getting the hang of it quicker than expected and I like it quite a bit.

Incendiary grenades are the new meta. It is known, and you heard it here first (unless you're ocean, then you probably heard it elsewhere).

Ass about the emblems being glitched, luckily I never handed mine in as I wanted the rep next week. Anyone thinking of holding off on doing them don't, as the steps are boring/grindy as hell and the time sink will probably be to much when TTK drops, as soon as you've done the strike part just leave them be

Got the warlock strike portion to do then all of the Titans, thank god for bad juju and siege of the warmind for the first steps

Edit with that, 16 bounties, commendations and red bull codes i'll probably be 40 on at least 2 characters as soon as it goes live :d

Incendiary grenades are the new meta. It is known, and you heard it here first (unless you're ocean, then you probably heard it elsewhere).

I haven't tried them yet since I like to live dangerously and potentially kill myself with tripmines :p. I'll check Incendiary grenades out though. I think something about them was supposedly changed in the patch.

broony

So the gunsmith has 5 weapons to test.

Completing each gives you 250 rep toward his "faction".

250 rep * 5 weapons = 1,250 rep

But Level 1 takes 1500 rep...

Does this mean I won't be able to get a weapon from him next Wednesday?
I remember them saying you have to be level 3 to order anyway. It will be a few weeks I guess.

I haven't tried them yet since I like to live dangerously and potentially kill myself with tripmines :p. I'll check Incendiary grenades out though. I think something about them was supposedly changed in the patch.

I don't think they changed the greande (although with all the stealth patches Bungie does I wouldn't be surprised). People are just using them now instead of Arcbolts and Tripmines.

ocean

Banned
Apparently, if you did the subclass quest, you didn't get the emblem. It will only happen after TTK. Same with the new faction quest. This is from reddit, taken from the bungie forum:
"We're aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols and Faction-specific Quests completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards."
I don't have the energy to rage but after doing all six subclasses this is an enormous disappointment.

daedalius

So I finished the striker... Does that mean I won't get the emblem ever?

Or am I just going to have to buy it from the kiosk instead of getting it as a reward?

I don't think they changed the greande (although with all the stealth patches Bungie does I wouldn't be surprised). People are just using them now instead of Arcbolts and Tripmines.

This is what the patch notes said:

Thermal Pulse (Incendiary Grenade) base detonation and damage have been increased to unify stats with other Pulse Grenades

I don't know exactly how that looks now damage wise and whether they said Incendiary grenades when they meant the Warlocks solar grenades.

Idk I got killed like two times in one day by incendiary nades and that's probably close to how many times I died by them in total before the patch so either they are better or people are just using them more. Gonna stick with tripmines probably though, at least for the maps with hard angles.

Currently jumping between Red Death and Bad Juju and getting pretty similar results. Both are great.

Hedge

So I finished the striker... Does that mean I won't get the emblem ever?

Or am I just going to have to buy it from the kiosk instead of getting it as a reward?

According to Bungie, you won't get it ever.
But I can't imagine that will be true. Bungie can't be that foolish.

ocean

Banned
Gone forever unless you start another Titan and do it again.
I really hope they fix this. I did all 6, and this mistake is 100% on them. We shouldn't be penalized for their bug. It happened with Skolas and ToO but at least then you could shake your head at the baffling amount of crap we need to tolerate in this game and do it again. They had already had this issue with Crota, fixed it, and then it pops up with their next endgame activities. So frustrating. Requiring you to delete your character? Lol ok sure
Wow that took 24 hours to download the 17GB update. I'm free for Destiny shenanigans tonight yay!
Welcome back!

Gone forever unless you start another Titan and do it again.

Are you joking? The right thing to do here for Bungie is to give those rewards retroactively. The least they could do is let you redo all the crap quest to get the reward properly. Start a new character, even though this is their fault? What the hell...

Hedge

They shouldn't have activated the quests if they knew the rewards wouldn't be given out properly. They made the system themselves. This is just punishing eager fans. Not the players you'll want to punish.

Weird opinion time:

-The Jewel is my favorite primary in the game second to The Last Word.
-Elimination is a neat new gametype.
-The Trials gear is some of the best looking gear in the game.

I like these things, but I can't stand Trials of Osiris. Or rather, it was cool for a while and now I hope it takes a very long vacation.

It bothers me that every weekend has become "Trials weekend". Everybody has to get to Mercuy, but most people either wrack their brains over going 8-1 or spend 36 hours waiting for a chance to be picked up on stream. It feels like it puts unnecessary pressure on everybody, whether they playing normally, helping others or not even playing PvP. Even when I wasn't playing and I'd read the thread during the weekends, I felt stressed. Here we have Bungie trying to tell us not to take the Crucible seriously (and with maps like Sector, they clearly aren't taking it seriously either), and yet they have this game mode designed specifically for that purpose.

Trials has certainly been an interesting addition to the game - for better or for worse - and I've met a lot of awesome people through it that I normally would not have. Nevertheless, I think having it appear every weekend is bad for the game's longevity.

I would have it show up once a month for a week just like Iron Banner, and Elimination should be a permanent playlist on the weeks that it isn't up.

k1t4j

Guys, someone hold me back but I am ACTUALLY thinking of starting a new character for year two leaving my seasoned hunter and starting a WARLOCK

yes one of those, I am afraid I will break the controller trying to master that jump and last time I played a warlock was only for the platinum

Wish me luck dgaf

bitsurugi

Hello dgaf, I'm currently on my 5th day of holiday in Italy, only managed to glance at the thread but since Tuesday it's practically impossible to keep up. Just wanted to say this community is amazing, wanted to make a quick post as I don't have much time to do those and I'm a bit scared that I will piss off my wife haha
Hello from Italy
11990551_495186703979032_8108666788009640939_n.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks to bungie and this dgaf for at least when I will be leaving this place I will have a lot to look forward to.
Ps - which OT should I mostly stick with for lurking purposes?

Hey man!

You are close to my home, it's like 1.5h with a car from there :D

Hope you are enjoying, the weather these days is fantastic, not too hot, not too cold.

Marvel

could never
What's this all about starting a new character brosephs? what benefits would you get for doing so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom