• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

amar212

But don't finish this quest until next week. If you turn it in now you won't get the emblem reward.

WAIT, WHAT?

And what about other quests for toher subclasses?

I have finished Gunslinger, Sunsinger and Defender. So no emblems for any of them? :/

FTS.

After that you have 1 more step: kill 3 Majors with Golden Gun in a Strike, 15 enemies in total, and complete the strike.

But don't finish this quest until next week. If you turn it in now you won't get the emblem reward.

I won't be playing next week since I'm too busy with Phantom Pain to remotely care about buying Taken King. So this will be the last thing I accomplish before taking an extended break from the game

Waldini

Yes, you can do both weekly and nightfall.

No, just hawkmoon.

I've been playing 3 hours with TLW yesterday and couldn't hit shit. Sure, up close (like really in-your-face close) it still wrecks.

There's mixed "reports" that the Hawkmoon is still good. But I've never used it. Seems that Bungie might have nerfed handcannons a bit too much.

ocean

Banned
they said it'd pop up next week though even if you turned it in early
Oh I'm relieved. Last I read was them saying the exact opposite:
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/152554085/0/0

• We're aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols and Faction-specific Quests completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards.

This being a Faction-specific Quest (for the Vanguard) and saying rewards wouldn't be given retroactively was a major disappointment.

Where did they rectify this insane oversight?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
.... wait. What?

So Handcannons are the new useless Autorifles now?
Definitely not, that's an exaggeration. Hawkmoon, Thorn and TLW got hit hard though.

With any HC- any weapon of any class for the moment, it seems like- you have to play to its strengths, and specifically its ideal threat range. Hawkmoon and Thorn used to compete waaaaay outside of their intention for HC range.

At launch Auto Rifles were competitive at sniper rifle range. Before 2.0, Hawkmoon and Thorn were competitive at sniper rifle range, and Auto Rifles weren't competitive at all.

Now, neither Auto Rifles nor Hand Cannons including Hawkmoon and Thorn are competitive at sniper rifle range and both are competitive at mid-to-close range.

Much as having my absolute favorite gun nerfed stings, I am of the opinion that this simply makes for better PvP overall.

Nuszka

Yes, you can do both weekly and nightfall.

Great , what about the rep , before I left I had everything bar one faction per guardian edged , do I need to pledge allegiance to that faction or we are currently not receiving any reputation for completing a nf ?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've been playing 3 hours with TLW yesterday and couldn't hit shit. Sure, up close (like really in-your-face close) it still wrecks.

There's mixed "reports" that the Hawkmoon is still good. But I've never used it. Seems that Bungie might have nerfed handcannons a bit too much.
I can tell you this- if you knew and used Hawkmoon before the nerf and try to compete with it in the exact same way, it isn't good.

I'm really curious how you guys that never knew its initial forms feel about it though. PM me when you get one, lol.

Kyoufu

this is a community thread. the gaming thread is for the 2.0 update specifically (although it's since been rechristened as the TTK OT which isn't official until next week).

We're going to be posting in the TTK OT next week right?

Skele7on

Banned
So I'm finally used to NLB again.

It's everything I dreamed it would have been.

Also had a cool match with a guy also using one.

He got WRECKED.

ocean

Banned
We're going to be posting in the TTK OT next week right?
I think it'll be a place to hop on and clear misconceptions among haters, newbies, people unsure whether to come back / buy in. A chance for us, who know the game in detail, to share with GAF at large.

But I think this community side will be where we continue our regular interactions and discussions about more detailed, specific things which would fly over the heads of newcomers or future entrants to the game.

Ovek

7Member7
[*]It's funny... watching all the initial impressions from serious PvP folk for the first 12 hours or so... I didn't hear the words "Bad Juju" mentioned all that often. Thaaaat is gonna change.

Oh my yes, it beasts in PvP and PvE now...

ocean

Banned
oh i misread it then. is there no way to redo the quest i'm assuming?
Not at the moment, outside of deleting a character. Bnet and Reddit are slowly getting the outrage machine going. I really hope they're loud enough to get this fixed.

Not at the moment, outside of deleting a character. Bnet and Reddit are slowly getting the outrage machine going. I really hope they're loud enough to get this fixed.

if people are going to be loud about something it should be TLW nerf.

on that note, i changed my mind about deleting my characters. well not really. maybe. i dunno.

my warlock for sure. definitely. that way my warlock will be at the bottom of the character selection menu (where warlocks belong).

Anyone wanna do the nightfall?

Look on the last page, deoee was looking for one.

Great , what about the rep , before I left I had everything bar one faction per guardian edged , do I need to pledge allegiance to that faction or we are currently not receiving any reputation for completing a nf ?

You can pledge allegiance if you want, but you don't have to. You'll get rep only for vanguard otherwise. Pledging gives rep both for vanguard/crucible and the selected faction.

Yeah we are too busy fending off all the dangerous animals while cooking on the BBQ :p

Dangerous animals? Nothing more dangerous than a drunk bogan :p

Skele7on

Banned
the collectors edition upgrade what are the prices, are they yet known?

Also damn anyone who already has those exotic class items, as you can already have them leveled by Tuesday.

Makikou

Oh man, 1 morning is all it took to get my Titan to lv34 with over 150 light. Not going to waste any more resources and just wait tight for TTK. Have to do the same with my Hunter.

Also working on a Warlock (as of now lv15 doing TDB/Venus quests)

Wallach

What we should be talkin' about is that Hakke pulse rifle. Actually just give me all the Hakke stuff. I'm so ready to ditch all these current legendaries.

bitsurugi

So I'm finally used to NLB again.

It's everything I dreamed it would have been.

Also had a cool match with a guy also using one.

He got WRECKED.

What are you using on your special slot? I used the NLB/Omnolon FR yesterday and i did a really awesome match in Pantheon, nearly 4.0 KD. Have the feeling (might be totally off) that the hitbox for NLB is bigger then before 2.0.

Shito

You can pledge allegiance if you want, but you don't have to. You'll get rep only for vanguard otherwise. Pledging gives rep both for vanguard/crucible and the selected faction.
Do note, though, that you don't get 100% of the rep towards your faction at the moment.
Did a NF yesterday and it gave me 250 rep towards New Monarchy.
That's probably where the class items boosting one's faction reputation come into play.

The Jewel of Osiris feels great.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What we should be talkin' about is that Hakke pulse rifle. Actually just give me all the Hakke stuff. I'm so ready to ditch all these current legendaries.
I couldn't really get into it, but I spent the least time with it of all of them. The perk is friggin' sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet as hell though.

Also, gonna call out Vestian Dynasty one more time. Hot dynamite damn. Of all the stuff I'd heard, I had the expectation that it would be really good and was still blown away.

Skele7on

Banned
What are you using on your special slot? I used the NLB/Omnolon FR yesterday and i did a really awesome match in Pantheon, nearly 4.0 KD. Have the feeling (might be totally off) that the hitbox for NLB is bigger then before 2.0.

Using Shadow of Veils, I absolutely hate the new Omnolon FR I just didn't get it.
Ammo was an issue with it
The hitbox feels weird like it looks like I hit when it's a miss.
There is just something VERY weird with that gun and I'm not quite sure why as a massive fan of snipers I hate it so much.
Maybe because it's a common weapon in TTK and we have to remember the GOD AWFUL common guns in 1.0

NLB has had a slight hitbox buff but I think the main contributor to it seeming bigger is the view is no longer obscured by the additional rings ect.
I absolutely was nailing people with it yesterday, I love NLB since I learned how to do the reload cancel and now it's just an absolute slayer in the right hands.
Why it's not 2.0 makes me very sad.

Shito

I really didn't feel that Hakke pulse rifle.
I don't like the ironsight, and the stability is all other the place. Tying it to a "do precision kills with it" bounty made this weakness even more apparent.

Waldini

Definitely not, that's an exaggeration. Hawkmoon, Thorn and TLW got hit hard though.

With any HC- any weapon of any class for the moment, it seems like- you have to play to its strengths, and specifically its ideal threat range. Hawkmoon and Thorn used to compete waaaaay outside of their intention for HC range.

At launch Auto Rifles were competitive at sniper rifle range. Before 2.0, Hawkmoon and Thorn were competitive at sniper rifle range, and Auto Rifles weren't competitive at all.

Now, neither Auto Rifles nor Hand Cannons including Hawkmoon and Thorn are competitive at sniper rifle range and both are competitive at mid-to-close range.

Much as having my absolute favorite gun nerfed stings, I am of the opinion that this simply makes for better PvP overall.

I always wonder WHY Bungie felt the urge to nerf certain Exotics to shit though. I mean .. Thorn could be countered just by removing that insane high tick damage and drop the range. TLW had a bugged perk that would let you hit 120+ damage shots. Yet, range wasn't an issue here. It was a great weapon for up close. Hell, playing Trials of Osiris and going up against a team of Thorns while using TLW gave me a real pleasure wasting opponents.

Now that I'm reading into these TLW/Hawkmoon/Thorn things I ... I don't really know what to think. Most of the players report that Bungie really crapped on handcannons and I wonder why. There were 2 of the HC's that ruined the "fun". Why not just edit those two and leave the rest as is?

I always wonder WHY Bungie felt the urge to nerf certain Exotics to shit though. I mean .. Thorn could be countered just by removing that insane high tick damage and drop the range. TLW had a bugged perk that would let you hit 120+ damage shots. Yet, range wasn't an issue here. It was a great weapon for up close. Hell, playing Trials of Osiris and going up against a team of Thorns while using TLW gave me a real pleasure wasting opponents.

Now that I'm reading into these TLW/Hawkmoon/Thorn things I ... I don't really know what to think. Most of the players report that Bungie really crapped on handcannons and I wonder why. There were 2 of the HC's that ruined the "fun". Why not just edit those two and leave the rest as is?
In my opinion TLW really did have too much damn range and that needed to change.

What was the actual buff to the weapon though? I don't remember but I'm certain that they said they were slightly buffing it.

Bizazedo

Went against an entire team using Universal Remotes on Memento. Made me really love Destiny, that.

:(.

I don't get the hate for Sector 618, though. Seems fine, especially versus Memento.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom