• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

Do people not read the BWU ever? It's puzzling how so many people think they won't get that extra xp/rep in TTK anymore.
It's DGAF, the OT is an inflated number due to the number of reposts.

Still love you all.

Also, this must be the only forum that's not filled with people saying that a certain question has been answered and that you should use the search function.

Tovarisc

Do people not read the BWU ever? It's puzzling how so many people think they won't get that extra xp/rep in TTK anymore.

Most of BWU's are 99% fluff and 1% actual information hidden in that 99%. Missing information is actually quite easy in those type of Weeklies. Also I'm not sure if it's best play from Bungie to announce that stuff only in BWU and not e.g. in-game. Even that pop up for 2.0 patch was very lackluster in its information dump.

Shito

Well, to be fair, what they said was;

We've adjusted sources of XP and Reputation up to account for its absence.
They didn't say they were going to match the previous buff; I wouldn't be surprised at all if the new base XP and rep was a little higher than before, but not 20% higher.
We'll see tomorrow, I guess.

Most of BWU's are 99% fluff and 1% actual information hidden in that 99%. Missing information is actually quite easy in those type of Weeklies. Also I'm not sure if it's best play from Bungie to announce that stuff only in BWU and not e.g. in-game. Even that pop up for 2.0 patch was very lackluster in its information dump.

Yeah tbh the BWUs kinda suck

purg3

slept with Malkin
Wow im impressed. They usually only do midnight releases if they have a significant amount of preorders. That's a good sign

Mines only doing it because a bunch of other games come out (Forza/NHL) I live in a big hockey market so that's why they are doing a midnight sale, not because of Destiny lol.

Anyone doing some PVP on PS4? I have three bounties that require me to be in a fireteam. Complete 3 matches, win 1 match, and get 25 combined kills. I suck, but I'm pretty sure we could rack up 25 combined kills in Mayhem without much trouble.

PSN is MadMike22089

EL CUCO

Mines only doing it because a bunch of other games come out (Forza/NHL) I live in a big hockey market so that's why they are doing a midnight sale, not because of Destiny lol.
Ohh Whats a other game? Lol

the one by my house isn't doing one

ChrisDM

hawkian does new player raids every Thursday or every other Thursday. He did this OT, send him a pm :)

Thanks for the advice! :] The crazy thing is that I've been playing since alpha & beta, but I still feel like a new player since I had to take breaks from the game often (thanks grad school) I'll definitely do that.

Even if I don't get Moments of Triumph, I would still like to experience that content regardless. I think that's what really matters.

Eyeron

I know it's a little early but are there any experienced Skolas killers available to sherpa this evening around 6:30-7ish Pacific? I keep missing the boat.

PSN Eyeron80

Finally got my Legends to show up!

Hunter: Unstoppable ToVenusAndBack, the Ransacker
Most Lethal Exotic: The Last Word *sniff*

Warlock: Cabal Destroyer, the Unstoppable
Most Lethal Exotic: Hawkmoon *sniff*
Top 1% Vex Hydra kills
Top 2% Hive Wizard kills

Titan: Unconquerable, The Weapon Master
Most Lethal Exotic: Gjallerhorn *noshame*
Top 3% Hive Ogre kills

Only shows my Flawless trials as 1 per character though :/

Lee

*sigh*

The Nightfall bonus will become base rep/xp gains in TTK.

To be fair, they don't say what you seem to think they said:

Nightfall
Our desired Nightfall experience is the weekly ritual where you get together with your friends for a test of thumbskill and allow players to optimize for gear.

Burn skulls motivate weapon rotation and now the Burn resist talents found on chest pieces will rotate armor.

The death penalty of being kicked to orbit often leads to players feeling forced to play too safe, rather than running through the world as a monster killing machine.

Another thing we didn't like about the Year 1 Nightfall was how players could feel forced to play Nightfall as early as possible in the week to maximize the benefit from the Nightfall buff. So, we've shelved that buff until we can reform it into something closer to its original intent - a mark of prestige for having achieved something challenging. We've adjusted sources of XP and Reputation up to account for its absence.
Now Requires Level 40
Wiping no longer returns Fireteams to Orbit
Now uses 30 second time-out penalty for Death (same as Raid Normal)

Adjusting "sources of XP and Reputation" could just mean more ways to gain XP and Reputation (more bounties, quests, etc.). We don't know if existing sources will give the amount that radiant light used to give. We just really don't know yet, but it's not as clear as them stating we will have radiant light v2 all the time.

Looked up my exotic with the most kills via grimoire card since video isn't working, and it ended up being Red Death. Oddly enough haven't touched it in many months.

Frenden

Banned
Are we forming groups to run the story at release or are we just winging it and seeing who's on at the time?

If the former, I need two folks for 4:00 AM CST. All nighter time.

purg3

slept with Malkin
yeah i had a brief dalliance with the forza demo and was like maybe i'll

and then hell no

I want to get it and probably will, but I can wait. No point when I know for a fact it will just sit there. By the time I'm ready to play it, there will probably be a holiday sale on it.

Only other game that will be day one for me this year is Fallout.

Are we forming groups to run the story at release or are we just winging it and seeing who's on at the time?

If the former, I need two folks for 4:00 AM CST. All nighter time.

Do you think that running the story right out of the blocks is the thing to do, or is there anything that needs to be done to 'prepare'? I guess it's the story to get the subclass, then time to open packages etc?

I am definitely on when the clock strikes. Just thinking maybe getting some things from the postmaster and maybe accessing some new weapons if they are available right away (the suros pack etc) might need a few minutes to do.

I want to get it and probably will, but I can wait. No point when I know for a fact it will just sit there. By the time I'm ready to play it, there will probably be a holiday sale on it.

Only other game that will be day one for me this year is Fallout.

Oh, Rock Band 4, probably too. But that will revolve more around party skedges.

Kyoufu

To be fair, they don't say what you seem to think they said:

Adjusting "sources of XP and Reputation" could just mean more ways to gain XP and Reputation (more bounties, quests, etc.). We don't know if existing sources will give the amount that radiant light used to give. We just really don't know yet, but it's not as clear as them stating we will have radiant light v2 all the time.

Um, "adjusting sources of XP and Reputation to account for..." means exactly what it says. How are you reading it any other way?

GRIP

Can someone explain to me how the tracking works for your skill number on the destiny tracker site? I didn't really start getting into pvp until right before HoW came out and I never really understood what was being taken into account for that number. At one point I was up to 28 and then next time I looked I was down to 25. Now I'm back up at 27, but have no clue what I'm doing to change it. It doesn't really reel like I've had any drastic dips or increases in performance over that time.

Frenden

Banned
Do you think that running the story right out of the blocks is the thing to do, or is there anything that needs to be done to 'prepare'? I guess it's the story to get the subclass, then time to open packages etc?

I am definitely on when the clock strikes. Just thinking maybe getting some things from the postmaster and maybe accessing some new weapons if they are available right away (the suros pack etc) might need a few minutes to do.

Waiting until you unlock the subclass might be better, opening packages wise. I'll probably rank up a couple of factions (Vanguard and one Faction) on the first character, nab a Cryptarch package, and save the rest for after getting the subclass to funnel more XP to it.

Um, "adjusting sources of XP and Reputation to account for..." means exactly what it says. How are you reading it any other way?
Not that way. You're taking it far too literally. I'll bet you $10 that there won't be any extra buff or boost tomorrow. I'd love to be wrong, but Bungie will be backpedaling and explaining it as that there are so many extra bounties, and weekly bounties, and extra slots, and quests give rep.

Kyoufu

Not that way. You're taking it far too literally. I'll bet you $10 that there won't be any extra buff or boost tomorrow. I'd love to be wrong, but Bungie will be backpedaling and explaining it as that there are so many extra bounties, and weekly bounties, and extra slots, and quests give rep.

Okay, you're on.

Considering a lot of the TTK changes seem to have come with the patch and there wasn't any increased rep gain or XP gain this week, I can see why people are skeptical about whether there will be a 25% increase to all rep and XP sources tomorrow to make up for the missing Radiant Light buff. Especially because bungie originally claimed there would be no nightfall this week so logically any change could have come this week as well.

From bungie's perspective maybe having 16 bounties and allowing you to continuously rep a faction without wearing the cloak is the adjustments they were talking about. We will see tomorrow I guess :)

I'll take your money gladly :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom