• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unconquerable Humbleboy13, The Guardiansbane

Trials Run Completion: 3

Most Lethal Exotic: Thorn 689 Kills (My first PvP exotic weapon)

1 Mark of the Unbroken

Most Crucible Kills in a Match: 30 (Top 7%)

Played with 4,584 fellow Guardians

Warlock: Bullseye Humbleboy13, The Adjudicator

Trials Run completion: 4

Most Lethal Exotic: Thorn 568 Kills (Again, this was my first PvP exotic)

Precision Crucible Kills: 569 Kills (Top 5% of all guardians)

Crucible Precision Kill %: 25% (Top 8% of all guardians)

Most Crucible Kills in a Match: 28 kills (Top 8%)

Haven't made a Titan yet, but I don't think these stats are so bad considering that I started playing Destiny in August. Hopefully Year 2 I'll be even higher.

Okay, you're on.
I'll be a man and pay up via Paypal. We're making a specific bet that a bounty that says +2500 XP and +50 rep or whatever will either turn in for exactly that (my bet) or turn in for an additional amount (like you have the nightfall buff now.) No excuses otherwise. Deal?

EDIT: Only making the bet once, not to multiple holders Deathy. :D

Kyoufu

Considering a lot of the TTK changes seem to have come with the patch and there wasn't any increased rep gain or XP gain this week, I can see why people are skeptical about whether there will be a 25% increase to all rep and XP sources tomorrow to make up for the missing Radiant Light buff. Especially because bungie originally claimed there would be no nightfall this week so logically any change could have come this week as well.

From bungie's perspective maybe having 16 bounties and allowing you to continuously rep a faction without wearing the cloak is the adjustments they were talking about. We will see tomorrow I guess :)

The change isn't in effect because Radiant Light still existed in the transition week. We'll see tomorrow.

I'll be a man and pay up via Paypal. We're making a specific bet that a bounty that says +2500 XP and +50 rep or whatever will either turn in for exactly that (my bet) or turn in for an additional amount (like you have the nightfall buff now.) No excuses otherwise. Deal?

EDIT: Only making the bet once, not to multiple holders Deathy. :D

If I don't get 31 rep from Heavy Synths tomorrow like I do today I'll pay up.

Considering a lot of the TTK changes seem to have come with the patch and there wasn't any increased rep gain or XP gain this week, I can see why people are skeptical about whether there will be a 25% increase to all rep and XP sources tomorrow to make up for the missing Radiant Light buff. Especially because bungie originally claimed there would be no nightfall this week so logically any change could have come this week as well.

From bungie's perspective maybe having 16 bounties and allowing you to continuously rep a faction without wearing the cloak is the adjustments they were talking about. We will see tomorrow I guess :)

I think it's that stuff too. Because buffing it for everyone is not the same as giving the "best" players a bonus.

If anything it might be in perks to level 40 gear. That would be functioning pretty the same way as nightfall. A buff for the best.

lt519

Hunter:
UNCONQUERABLE RARBUSTO, THE ADJUDICATOR
top 4% dreg and grenade kills, lmao

Titan:
STALKER RARBUSTO, THE HIVE DESTROYER
10 skolas kills, top 4% ogre kills

Warlock:
GRENADIER RARBUSTO, THE CABALSBANE
top 10% grenade kills, top 4% longest enemy kill

Warlock seems right, titan and hunter should be flipped..

FYI, actual bets in posts are a bad idea, IIRC. It's been a while since the height of the Console Wars when people made bets every NPD, but I think it's still super frowned upon. I may be wrong though, but I feel like I remember it being a thing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow im impressed. They usually only do midnight releases if they have a significant amount of preorders. That's a good sign
The 3 gamestops in reasonable distance from me were all sold out of the CE, which is why I ended up ordering it from their site.

Potentially regretting it as I still have no idea when I'll actually get it. Don't even have a tracking number yet. I took the 17th off but it's not clear if it'll even be here by then...

Ranked up queens wrath doing the HoW quest line and got a level 40 cloak w/ 260 def and some wormspore.

6AgsG0y.jpg

Kyoufu

FYI, actual bets in posts are a bad idea, IIRC. It's been a while since the height of the Console Wars when people made bets every NPD, but I think it's still super frowned upon. I may be wrong though, but I feel like I remember it being a thing.

I'll make him wear a Knack avatar for a month.

Juraash

So IF my video ever works, I think it's going to put Suros as my most lethal exotic. I don't really see how such a thing is possible considering I shelved it almost immediately and shared it a few months ago. I would have put my money and Patience and Time since it was my first and favorite for a long, long time.

Also I do find it funny that they can parse data and know I've killed a bunch of enemies with a weapon, but can't use that same data to unlock exotics I got rid of before the kiosk system was even mentioned. Minor gripe since I kinda hate ARs, but still funny.

lt519

So no takers on a blind story run starting at 1PM EST tomorrow? We have two but it's always more fun to experience it with a full team.

kidko

Someone found a new emblem you can redeem on Bungie.net

Insula Thesauraria
https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=3253299358

The code is 3VF-LGC-RLX

Can't pick it up yet in-game but you can redeem it.

There was some puzzle solving to go long with the find.

Here's the full story.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...iler_ttk_ce_puzzle_solving_enchanced_version/

It says spoilers on the Reddit post but I didn't see any.

very cool, thanks!

I'm a little bummed that real life won't allow crazy all-nighters anymore, but regardless looking forward to diving in tomorrow. Wondering what my first >170 primary drop will be!

Lee

The change isn't in effect because Radiant Light still existed in the transition week. We'll see tomorrow.

If I don't get 31 rep from Heavy Synths tomorrow like I do today I'll pay up.

I'm interested to see what happens but don't care enough to bet real money. I doubt we'll see any change between today and tomorrow for rep/exp gains from bounties, etc. They would have included this with 2.0. Maybe it comes in 2.0.1, but I doubt it.

I bet the daily and weekly activities will give more than they used to, and that's the adjusting they were referring to.

jaaz

Lol, I am the Untouchable Miamijaaz, The Boomer. I am not sure how I feel about that, keep thinking of those annoying Boomers in the towers at the CE raid!

Vault of Glass Raider 32 Atheon Kills

Most Lethal Exotic Mida-Multi Tool (my first exotic!)

Fallen Servitor Kills (top 1% of all Guardians)

Top Enemies Slain (114k) Top 1% of all Guardians -- Damn, I play this game way too much.

I am Unreserved MutenTurtle The Vaporizer as a hunter with top 1% Iron Banana kills. Most used exotic is thorn. I have brought shame to myself.

As a warlock, I am Grenadier The Exterminator with red death most used exotic and top 10% grenade kills.

Finally as a titan, I am Unrestrained The Vindicator with the MIDA as most used exotic. Top 7% Iron Banana wins.

Basically I really like bananas.

Dave_6

Ranked up queens wrath doing the HoW quest line and got a level 40 cloak w/ 260 def and some wormspore.

In the process of doing this myself for that cloak but I'm only 3/4 of the way to ranking up again :( Running the HoW quest but I don't think it's going to get me there.

Any idea how much XP you got from that line? Were you close already? I'm something like 1700 away on my closest one.
I didn't get any XP due to being at the current level cap. It doesn't go toward weapon upgrades. Not sure if it will go to subclass upgrades.

For rep, you get like 60 per step. I was close to a rank up so I wanted to see what I'd get. Also by completing the HoW quest line again you can get another Royal Amethyst to trade into the cryptarch for 7500 glimmer.

I didn't get any XP due to being at the current level cap. It doesn't go toward weapon upgrades. Not sure if it will go to subclass upgrades.

For rep, you get like 60 per step. I was close to a rank up so I wanted to see what I'd get. Also by completing the HoW quest line again you can get another Royal Amethyst to trade into the cryptarch for 7500 glimmer.

Yeah..sorry...rep is what I meant. thanks :) I am nowhere near close enough to do this now, so will let it wait.

Tovarisc

So no takers on a blind story run starting at 1PM EST tomorrow? We have two but it's always more fun to experience it with a full team.

I would, but I most likely just solo run story. Too often done story driven stuff with people just have them talk over cutscenes and story relevant dialogue :(

lt519

Am I really taking the next few days off... and getting up at 4am tomorrow morning... for a video game?

Yes, yes I am. No regrets... maybe some...

I'm taking a half day, but slowly that is morphing into the maybe I should just take the whole day off attitude. It might be unavoidable.

I would, but I most likely just solo run story. Too often done story driven stuff with people just have them talk over cutscenes and story relevant dialogue :(

We won't talk over the story but we will be chatty while fighting, probably do a good amount of exploring as well. PSN: rarbusto if you are interested, if not no big deal.

jaaz

Haha! What are the illegal exotics then? I mean besides Thorn.

Thorn is definitely prohibited under all applicable Tower laws and regulations, punishable by a a 10 year noob tag bestowed by the great Shaxx. Similar to blink strike/slide--shotgunning. GHorn is not illegal per se, but there's a long mandatory waiting period.

todd360

Warlock
VEX DESTROYER TODDV360, THE GRAND COMMANDER

Hunter
JUSTICAR TODDV360, THE INVULNERABLE

Hunter
UNCONQUERABLE TODDV360, THE WEAPON MASTER

Do we know how they choose these names?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom