• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I have all 3 of the raid parts to do for the Moments of Triumph and it's sad because I feel as though if I really wanted to, I could still somehow get it done. The thing is that I've never raided in this game and am super anxious about it and always have been. Don't wanna eff people's good time up for being not the greatest at this game. :(

Dude, you could literally just rocket yourself and die and people could still finish the raids. There is zero to worry about.

ChrisDM

Dude, you could literally just rocket yourself and die and people could still finish the raids. There is zero to worry about.

LMAO that made me feel better. :] I've just always heard people talk about how difficult it is so I stayed away. & having no friends that play this doesn't help either. They're all still hooked by WoW. Sigh.

matmanx1

After playing PvP the whole week, I can definitely say that I don't like it.
Rift is mostly a shitshow, where everyone camps the Spark to get points, while you almost get no points for killing the runner. Really easy to get spawn trapped and die over and over again. And there's the spawns. I've been killed at least 20 times out of the spawn by people with rockets already pointed at you. Luckily, TTK released tomorrow so that I can stay away from PvP as far as I can.

I hope Bungie is watching closely. The spawn points on most of the new Rift maps are pretty bad and it is WAY too easy to get spawn camped. I think Rift is fun and will continue to play it but those spawn points are a sore spot.

Lee

thats cool and all but why did you rank the cryptharc? you will only get year 1 stuff from those packages

Pretty sure that's not true. The engrams are created when the package is opened, and that's when they roll internally. The engrams don't exist yet.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
LMAO that made me feel better. :] I've just always heard people talk about how difficult it is so I stayed away. & having no friends that play this doesn't help either. They're all still hooked by WoW. Sigh.

The raids are hard, and you have to be "good", only at release. After a few weeks, the raids are on farm and then it's a lot easier, as the strategies are already developed. By now, VoG and Crota are brainless. Either way, if you play with GAF, you never have to worry about anyone getting angry at you not doing well. We'd just give you tips to improve :) Like, don't melee the boss, etc.

Liamc723

I gave up. No fun at all. Got there like 6 times couldnt beat him and not only that, but got incredibly frustrated. This fight is the definition of not enjoyable.

It's really not that bad if you have a decent fireteam. It was pretty easy for me and the two people who helped me.

flkraven

They nerfed the all mighty IceBreaker because of people like you!
Lol j/k nice!

Stop camping at the back of the map :p

Edit: I'm guessing its for PvE though.

Lol. The funny thing is, I am totally the type of guy that hates camping/cheesing. I much prefer running in as a group and cycling, vs glitching/camping. My Hunter is in the top 2% with a 175M kill, so I can't even imagine what my 1,900M kill looked like :/

Dave_6

Well my Gamestop isn't doing a midnight launch because of what time the servers are going up. He did say for certain that they will have my physical LE on hand as soon as they open at 10 AM. ~23 hours to go!

X-Frame

The raids are hard, and you have to be "good", only at release. After a few weeks, the raids are on farm and then it's a lot easier, as the strategies are already developed. By now, VoG and Crota are brainless. Either way, if you play with GAF, you never have to worry about anyone getting angry at you not doing well. We'd just give you tips to improve :) Like, don't melee the boss, etc.

With the Sunbreaker Titan's "Melting Point" ability coming that debuffs enemies, including bosses, Titans are going to be punching all the things. >:)

I gave up. No fun at all. Got there like 6 times couldnt beat him and not only that, but got incredibly frustrated. This fight is the definition of not enjoyable.
First issue is getting pass the first set of mines, then clean up adds. Get Skolas Hp by the K on his name. Make sure you have full rockets and heavy ammo pack to go. Spam rockets and he will be dead. Make sure to do the 2nd set of mines as well

Namikaze1

Titan:
Unstoppable Namikaze1, the Hivesbane
6 Flawless ToO
129 Strength of the Wolf medals earned
Suros Regime (6495)
top 1% Cabal Phalanx kills (1,647)
Top 1% hive acolyte kills (14,500)

Warlock:
Unstoppable Namikaze1, the Hive Destroyer
Bad Juju (4133 kills) (I farmed the Pulse Rifle kills on my Warlock thus why juju is my most lethal weapon)
3 Flawless ToO
1 Mark of the Unbroken medal earned
Top 4% cursed thrall kills (964)
Top 7% crucible wins (91)

Hunter:
Unstoppable Namikaze1, the Unconquerable
6 Flawless ToO
Hawkmoon (3351 kills)
4 Reign of Terror medals earned
Top 5% melee kills (4,926)
Top 2% headshot kills (18,961) (I made that many headshots?!)

Well, I can see why Oryx wants my head. I mean look at the above! Hivesbane and Hive Destroyer? Like fuck I'm killing off his family and shit.

Shito

Guys, do you know if discarding Varik's tokens to rep him up also gives rep to my current faction? Because I'm 2 points away from levelling it up on the character I want to use the tokens on, but I would love to use them before we lose that nice NF buff...

*sigh*

The Nightfall bonus will become base rep/xp gains in TTK.
Do I trust them in not forgetting to update such values as how much rep the tokens give? ^^

ChrisDM

I'm glad GAF is such an awesome community. :] Maybe I should hunt down some groups then... Just gotta figure out how long each of those raids takes.

Guys, do you know if discarding Varik's tokens to rep him up also gives rep to my current faction? Because I'm 2 points away from levelling it up on the character I want to use the tokens on, but I would love to use them before we lose that nice NF buff...

Do I trust them in not forgetting to update such values as how much rep the tokens give? ^^

They used to give 10 rep I think, 12 with NF bonus. Haven't tried using one after 2.0 so check if they still work.

Kyoufu

Do people not read the BWU ever? It's puzzling how so many people think they won't get that extra xp/rep in TTK anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom